“Convenient location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harris Hotel Batam Center

Save Saved
You added Harris Hotel Batam Center to your Saves list
Harris Hotel Batam Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Engku Putri, Riau Islands Province 29641, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 64 hotels in Batam
New Brunswick
“Convenient location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This modern hotel has anexcellent location next to the ferry terminal and across the street (overhead walkway from terminal) from the huge mall. The room was large and an A/C problem was solved asap by 5 staff! we stayed during ramadan and were surprised that no meals at all were served in the hotel during the day (could not even get a coffee). The food in the resterant was good (dinner obviously).
One odd thing was that you had to walk through the resterant to get to the pool which had no shade at all so we did not use it. Harry at the front desk speaks excellent English so ask for him if there is a language problem. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Harris Fans,

Cheers from Harris Hotel Batam Center. The New "Hotspot right in the Center"

Thank you very much for taking the time to share all your comments and we are glad that overall you had enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed we are simple, unique and friendly hotel strategically located at Batam Center area.

Your comment concerning no meals at all were served in the hotel during the day on the month of Ramadhan, was only buffet which was not provided, however Ala carte menu was avalaible in the restaurant and you also might ordered meals from your room through room service at 24 hrs. We have also well noted the access to the pool thus we have created a door from the fitness center leading to the pool and also towel counter into fitness center.

We would like to thank you for choosing HARRIS Hotel Batam Center for your stay. We are looking forward to having you with us in the near future.

398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Just came back from a 3D2N stay at the Harris Hotel Batam Center. It was our first trip to Batam and with our 4 young kids tagging along, this hotel was my first choice due to its proximity to the Batam Center Ferry Terminal.

The location, as mentioned in many other reviews, is superb. Down the elevator, head to the exit on the right, and we were looking straight at the hotel! The hotel is very new and all the common areas (reception, dining areas) are very nice. The rooms are decently sized and comfortably furnished. Bathroom is above average with quality fittings (Toto all round). Nothing luxurious but definitely felt good.

I got in touch with the hotel before the trip due to my special room requirements for the family. The response from the hotel was prompt and I got all my room requests: 9th floor (the highest), adjoining rooms, sea view. Not much else I could have asked for!

Knowing that it was our 12th wedding anniversary, the hotel sent a beautiful cake to our room after check-in with an ad-hoc "choir" to sing us a song. And they have so kindly sent us some photos for our keepsake. Talk about 5-star service!

There are a couple of areas which I think can be improved upon: the Wifi implementation in the hotel was poor. The connection was problematic for all our devices (phones, tablet, netbook) and even when we got a working connection, net access was painfully slow. There was no shower gel provided. Instead, there is this hybrid hair and body shampoo that isn't too good both as shampoo or shower gel.

The kids enjoyed the pool a lot and we had a lot of fun in MegaMall shopping, eating, basically "vacationing". All in all, it was a great short getaway and I must say Harris, in a big way, contributed to that. We will definitely stay at Harris Batam Center again should we return to Batam in future. It was a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: High floor, sea view. Of the 3 rooms that we had, 908 had the best view (904 the most average). Bigg...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Cheers from HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, the new “Hotspot right in the Center”.

Allow me to thank you so much for staying with us and to write your very positive feedback concerning your recent stay at our property. We are so glad that you had enjoyed your stay and having a wonderful experience with us. So sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience on the internet issue, our IT are working with our Wi-Fi provider to increase the speed and the connection throughout the hotel.

Looking forward for your next visit and thank you so much for choosing HARRIS Hotel Batam Center as your preferred lifestyle experience in Batam.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I will stress on my experience during my stay in Harris Hotel, which is next to Batam Centre ferry terminal and diagonally across the Mega Mall. All within 5 minutes walking distance.

Harris Hotel carries a theme similar to the Dutch national football team ie, bright and cheerful orange. And with the youthful, cheerful and helpful staff, one couldn't help but feel young again! For those who speaks only English, you have nothing to fear because all those I had communicated with are proficient in the language, from reception to housekeeping.

We got a fruity welcome drink upon check-in and please request for room with sea view. I was given one with a city view but managed to change to sea view later. The staff at the reception was very helpful indeed. Thank you, Rosa!

The hotel has a gym, an infinity swimming pool adequate in length for lap swimming and a restaurant. My wife and I had the breakfast buffet but the staff who attended to me gave my 2 and 5-year old children free breakfast as I was asking for ala carte menu for them. I have not seen such initiative since my experience in a 6-star Ritz Carlton Singapore! On a Sunday when we had breakfast, the staff erupted to a dance routine together with the hotel's mascot Dino. My children were elated!

I had a king size bed in my room furnished with colorful carpet and modern furnishing. You get cable news, Discovery, National Geographic, HBO, Arirang, NHK World, Malaysia, Singapore and local channels on a LCD TV. Awesome! There's also a mini fridge and safe in the room. The only furniture that needs improvement is the cupboard with is lacking in shelves. The room shows no signs of fatigue and smells fresh owing to room aromatherapy. A burner topped with scented oil, candle and matches are provided.

Everyone was friendly and always ready to greet the guests with a big smile, even the security personnel. But what happened on the day of my check-out was earth shattering in a good way! I was promised a birthday cake for my daughter but it never came as promised on the morning of the last day of our stay. Then at around 9.30am, a call came in and asked if the birthday girl was present in the room but I told them she has gone out with my wife. They promised to revert on time of check-out. I still didn't think much of it since it's only a cake. On the time of check-out and when every payment was finalized, the lobby erupted to the music of a birthday song and all the staff gathered around my family and one carried a cake with a candle to my daughter. Everyone sang the birthday song twice! After the candle was blown, we had a group photo and my daughter was also given a Harris orange scarf worn by the female staff. Now, this is what I call a Big Bang! I only have praise and appreciation to all who were involved and may the management of Harris Hotel convey my utmost appreciations to them. Thank you for the most memorable experience!

Room Tip: Choose a room with sea view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Cheers from HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, the new “Hotspot right in the Center”.

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your excellent experience with us in detail. We are delighted to have you staying with us and we are extremely happy that you had enjoyed your stay and had a memorable experience at our unique property.We really hope that you will visit us again in the near future and provide you a friendly experience.

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very Overdued review.... Stayed for a night at Harris Batam Centre in May for a short getaway with the missus.The hotel is a very short walk from the ferry terminal.Got a nice room on the top floor facing the sea nicely arranged (I think...).Comfy bed with soft pillows.The orange aroma scented oil was a nice touch.Service staffs are all smiling and welcoming everyone.Best of all,they even prepared a surprise birthday cake for my wife,which makes her day!!! Great service!! Many thanks to the Staffs at Harris....Will return again... :)

Room Tip: Just opposite the hotel is the Batam shopping centre...... very convenient
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Cheers from HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, the new “Hotspot right in the Center”.

From All Harris Players, I wanted to express how glad we are receiving your very positive comments and we are delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us. We try our best to create a unique lifestyle for everyone thus we reconsider our service to be improve day by day. Once again it will be a great pleasure for all of us to welcome you again for your next visit in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is just next to the ferry terminal which is very convenient. The Megamall at opposite provide pretty wide choices of dinning, shopping g. Room is spacious & bright but a bit aged, also not very good in soundproof because I can hear my next door clearly. Toilet looks clean but bedsheet and towel are not clean, there are stains. Staff are friendly as they will greet you whenever they see you.

• Stayed November 2012
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Harris Fans,

Cheers from Harris Hotel Batam Center, the new “Hotspot right in the Center”

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your comments. Indeed our property has a very strategic location, conveniently located side by side to Batam Center Ferry Terminal and near island attraction.

We also thank you for bringing to our attention the bed sheet and towel which were not clean, there were stains, an action will be taken immediately. We wish to assure you that if we had fallen short in any way, it was by no means intended.

Once again thank you so much for staying with us and looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Harrisly yours
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stay at harris for my 2 trips in Jun & Aug 2012. Requested a room with a sea view, high floor & non smoking room & all this requested are given. rooms are new & clean. just a small issue, guess is a design problem, both room I gotten the shower area seem not to drain very well after a shower. Like the small little touch of the aroma oil that can be lighted up at night for a great sleep. Will return here again for my next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Harris Fans,

Cheers from Harris Hotel Batam Center, the new “Hotspot right in the Center”

We thank you so much for your positive review and also for staying with us on last June & August 2012. We have well noted your comment on the shower area and we are working to improve it, it has been fully taking into consideration.

As you have mentioned you would like to return here again for your next trip. It will be a great pleasure for all of us to welcome you again in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center.

harrisly yours,
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Hotel staff (reception, security, housekeeping) are very courteous, friendly and extremely helpful. Hotel room is a decent size and twin beds were comfortable. We had sea-view rooms on the 8th floor. Location of hotel -- very good because it's next to the Batam Centre Ferry terminal and across the street from Megamall. But it's about half an hour from Nagoya Hill and taxi each way will cost Rp 60 000. Breakfast buffet ok but nothing outstanding. The kitchen staff could do better by heating up the pastries -- saw some guests standing at the pop-up toaster to heat up their pastries and buns.

Brickbats: the cafe staff -- need to be more vigilant to clear used plates/bowls without being asked. Egg station: asked for half-boiled egg and was told they were finished. Wondered why they could not prepare more since it was still a good two hours to the end of breakfast time, and they were still frying sunny-side eggs and omelettes. Sent my husband to ask a second time and the response -- no hot water! What a joke!
Bath towels: a couple were badly stained.
'unique slippers': before we booked this hotel, we checked the hotel website and various other sites and read that a 'unique' feature of this hotel was the 'unique' orange slippers. So we were looking forward to using them. Unfortunately no such slipper was provided except the usual thin white ones. When we asked the reception, we were told the slippers were for sale and not provided in the rooms. When we pointed out the website, the guy said they would change the info there. Another case of deceptive advertising?
Other than the above, everything else was as expected of a hotel. We must commend the hotel reception for arranging for the hotel shuttle to drop us off at the ferry terminal on the day of departure as it was drizzling. We were very grateful for this extra service. Will use this hotel again for the convenient location.

Room Tip: Ask for sea-view and high floor (we had 804 and 806).
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
General Manager H, General Manager at Harris Hotel Batam Center, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Harris Fans,

Cheers from HARRIS Hotel Batam Center. The New "Hotspot right in the Center".

Thank you so much for your genuine review which is very much appreciated.
We have well noted all your constructive comments concerning the Harris Players, bath towel and unique slippers. An action will be taken immediately and we are working to improve it accordingly to the related departments.

We do apologize for the inconvenience which has been caused to you.

Once again thank you for staying with us and looking forward welcoming you back in the near future

Harrisly yours,

Been to Harris Hotel Batam Center? Share your experiences!