“Best SPA treatment” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
“Best SPA treatment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

First time stay at Bottle cottage from 04Aug to 06Aug. The cottage with it's own jacuzzi was a perfect relaxing stay for us. The toilet space is fantastic. The water output is truly good! Jacuzzi was put to our personal relaxing use at our own time. We even had the opportunity to see the types of rooms they have and were impressed. Oh yes, what strikes me most in the room we stayed was the cleanliness of the room right up to the curtains?
3 hours massage - we chose Indonesian massage, followed by herbal compress, followed by a scrub one day and a mud wrap the following day! One of the best deep tissue massage we encountered with the strength we wanted. In fact the masseuse are so well skilled and their customer service is respectful and very sensitive to the needs of their customers. My friend did a foot reflexology of an hour too and came out saying "excellent", as it was a very detailed foot reflexology methodology. We are going to go back to Tempat Senang for the half day package in Sept with a day trip there.

I would say food is quite expensive there. An ordinary Nasi Campur for SGD49 for 2 person is a bit steep. Even the seafood Bee Hoon at SGD15 is steep. However, they are generous with the fresh prawns in the food! The so-called American Breakfast is so-so! To have the option of bacon would be good as some do not like sausages or even pancakes for breakfast.

Visited August 2014

• Indonesian first
“Island Luxe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Tempat Senang is set amidst a lush oasis of palm trees, Balinese-inspired architecture and idyllic water features.

Upon my arrival to the spa I was greeted with a warm smile and promptly seated in the main lobby to receive information about my 3 hour spa session. The helpful staff member ran through the various types of massage and services available; and asked me for any specific needs or preferences I had as well. After some consideration I opted for the house speciality, the 'Office Massage'. I decided on this particular type of massage as I wanted to focus on muscular tissue and prefer more rigorous massages. I also selected the coconut scrub and initially requested the clay facial.

After completing my selection I was escorted from the lobby area down through a picturesque garden to the spa. My room was scented with Jasmine oil and the sweet sound of Gamelan music filled the air. I was advised to change and once I was ready my masseuse came in to begin the session with the 'Office Massage'. My masseuse was so fantastic! She knew exactly where all the pressure points in my feet, legs, back and neck were (many masseuses struggle with this!). She also used a foot massage stick to really pinpoint specific areas and applied gentle pressure to circulate blood flow. This massage also involved a lot of stretching (if you play sports this is perfect for you), which at times I was a little hesitant with but she was very gentle and consistently asked whether the pressure she was applying was ok. I found her attentiveness made the experience much more enjoyable.

After my massage finished I then had a full body coconut scrub. As someone with sensitive skin I dislike very coarse scrubs as they can irritate my skin but this was much more gentle yet left my skin feeling incredibly smooth. My masseuse then advised me to shower to remove the scrub and we then continued with the facial. After initially applying toner and lightly removing any dirt or oils from my face she recommended that I avoid using clay due to my sensitive skin. She mentioned it may be drying and I really appreciated her honesty. Instead she recommended a cucumber and honey facial that would help with redness. After applying the creamy honey mask she completely covered my face with cucumber. The cool feeling of the cucumber on my face was so relaxing however i found a lot of liquid dropping into my ear. Before I asked her to put something to catch the water she had already placed tissues around my ears.

The spa at Tempat Senang epitomises island luxe. High quality service and products paired with a beautiful environment are truly the ingredients one needs to reenergise and revitalise both the mind and body. Will most definitely be returning soon for another session !

Visited July 2014
Singapore
“Excellent place to unwind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is actually my second time visiting the spa. I went a few months back with my friend, and I enjoyed it so much I came back again with my mom.

We went for the full day spa session, the one from 9am - 4pm. All the masseuses were very, very nice and soft-spoken, making you feel at ease. They do understand basic English, which is a plus, although I spoke to them in Bahasa.

The whole atmosphere is relaxing, and you can't help but feel, well, relaxed as you bask in the tranquillity of the whole resort.

Lunch was delicious, especially since I grew up on Indonesian food. They had a choice of fried noodles, fried rice or "mixed" rice - which was white rice served with gado gado, grilled prawn, beef rendang and ayam lemak (I'm salivating already just writing this!). I recommend the last one as it's really that good.

After lunch we're brought back to the spa for the second half of the session.

For those who wish to continue to stay in this magical land, you can request to stay in one of their rooms (advance booking required). If not, treat yourself to some shopping by opting to take the taxi to the Batam Center ferry terminal. The ride can be arranged before you begin your session, simply tell the staff. The price is SGD10 per car. If you would rather head home, the resort provides complimentary transport drop off to Sekupang terminal.

Tempat senang is highly recommended for those who truly wish to pamper themselves. The price is also extremely reasonable for a full day session, considering some high end spas in Singapore charge the same rate for just a one or even two hour spa session.

Visited June 2014
“Just OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Had a 3 hour Spa on a Monday afternoon 1pm - 4pm - Body massage , facial , body wrap. Treatment was so-so , nothing spectacular and a little overpriced... Resort itself was quite nice though. Will not return again for the spa..

Visited June 2014
Batam, Indonesia
“"Bali in Batam"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I had a relaxing day with spa at Tempat Senang. We enjoyed it a lot. Nice to be pampered and taken care of. Totally relaxing - you get the good feeling ;)
The food we had in the restaurant was excellent to.
The place is like an oasis and the atmosphere is fantastic. You really feel like being in Bali, not Batam. Staff was nice and friendly throughout …
Looking forward to the next opportunity ..

Visited April 2014