“Just What I Needed After A Long Flight.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tempat Senang Spa

Tempat Senang Spa
Indah Puri Sekupang | Tempat Senang Resort, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia
+62 778 325 616
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 36 Spas & Wellness in Batam
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Preston, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just What I Needed After A Long Flight.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you have some time to spare, even a portion of a day, I would highly recommend the Indonesian Spa Session. Coming on the heels of a flight from New York, it was most relaxing and refreshing, and a great way to be immersed in luxury for the better part of a day. Only wish i could have stayed longer. I will be back!

Visited October 2012

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Enjoyable, not Amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I came here with my husband to celebrate my 26th birthday after reading about it on TripAdvisor.
I had high expectations because of the good reviews and considerably higher price as compared to other hotels in Batam.

The hotel room met our expectations. We paid a little extra for the Treehouse, a hanging bed with a forest-decorated room. It was quite an experience sleeping on a hanging bed and no, you are unlikely to get seasick. I was happy that the room had very good WIFI (a lifesaver for my last minute work obligations). Aircon worked well. No mosquitoes. Thumbs up!
Our only complaint - no bathtub and the pebblestoned floors of the shower area made it rather painful to take a shower. Hot water was also intermittent so it didn't really make us inclined to take a long relaxing bath.

I was looking forward to the spa but was overall rather disappointed by the quality of massage. We took the 3 hour package. I chose a massage, a scrub and foot reflexology. The massage was average, scrub was faster than what I'm used to and foot reflexology was really painful (without feeling the relief afterward). My husband, too, felt rather unfulfilled.

Nevertheless, we had a great meal at the restaurant, which we were rather happy with - both for lunch (not included in the overall package) and for breakfast the next morning!

Location wise, this spa is right beside a golf course but really far from Batam Centre.
It took the cab about an hour to reach where the hustle and bustle of the Batam city is.
Fortunately cab is cheap at only $7/hour though the cab driver might just ask for a little more after a day's service.

Overall an enjoyable stay though it wasn't as amazing as I wished it could be.

Munich, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tranquil Surroundings, Peaceful atmosphere, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Very often I look at the website and then get to the place and feel disappointed, not at this place, it really looks and feels as beautiful as advertised on their website. The Service is great, they pick you up and drop you at the Terminal and you receive a warm welcome by their staff which are super nice and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.They offer their own hand made soap and beauty products made entirely from natural ingredients which gives me the feeling of being pampered from the inside out. Depending on the Spa-day you book, you even get complimentary Lunch, which is great because I always get hungry after receiving Spa treatments. The only regrettable thing is that it passed by too quickly. Would recommend it any time!

Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Average experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We booked a weekend here based on some fantastic reviews and recommendations. Unfortunately, we found the experience pretty average. It wasn't terrible, but we wouldn't visit again.

Our spa appointment was for 3 hours, however the therapists were over half an hour late, but still finished on time which meant the massages felt really rushed through. The therapists during the massage were also whispering and giggling away with each other and only stopped when I asked them to as it was getting difficult to relax. We also had multiple therapists entering and leaving the room.

When I was having my pedicure done outside of the other massage rooms, I noticed that therapists were walking in with brooms as well (were they cleaning the rooms with clients lying in there??). It was about 7pm by then, so perhaps they were cleaning up for the night. But surely, you would wait until the treatments were finished before sweeping up?

There was also one instance where one therapist left the door open as she left the room which meant anyone could see the the client half dressed lying on the massage bed. I wonder if that happened to us too? I suppose we'd never know if we have an eye pack on.

Of the 3 treatments I had, I enjoyed the head spa the most and the body massage the least.

On the flip side, the staff were very polite, the room was lovely. The beer can chicken was pretty tasty. But I've had much better spa experiences for similar costs, so this is one place I won't be returning to.

Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“quality service but needs aircon maintenance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

true to say, this is one of the best place to go to in batam. full-day/half-day spa to spend the day. we opted to take the half-day 3-hour spa for 150sgd each. compared to its nearby country, singapore this is considered cheap which is why it became a popular getaway in singapore. the area was peaceful and secluded. the place was well-themed. it is small but it was arranged in such a way that all areas are private which is great and made the place seem huge. the massage and scrub were very relaxing that my eyes does not want to open themselves after for 10mins. sadly the air-con in the room that we are in was quite poor... after massage we roam around, took photos of the place and had dinner. food was not so good but they have big servings!