“Anniversary Bliss” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tempat Senang Spa

Tempat Senang Spa
Indah Puri Sekupang | Tempat Senang Resort, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia
+62 778 325 616
Siem Reap
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Anniversary Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had 3 hour day spa package, we felt like everything relaxed even time. The treatments available suited our needs perfectly. She got just what she NEEDED and so did I. The value for that sort of time travel was worth it. We can't wait to come again. We think it will be... haha ASAP

Visited October 2012

• Indonesian first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A relaxing day trip with mum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had the 6 hours full day spa package, it was a totally relaxing experience and my mum loves it. She feels so relaxed and recharged after the outing that she is asking my other sisters to join us for a next trip! Great Value too! the only thing is i am not sure i enjoy the layout of the place...

Visited September 2012
singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Drop in Standard from last year (2011)..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Having been to Tempat Senang the previous year, I cannot help but feel that standard has dropped tremendously from a year ago. Let me tell you why. PReviously, upon arrival, we were picked up by a comfortable air-conditioned spacious 4-wheeled drive.

Then we were escorted to the reception once reached where the guest relations personnel will talk us through the different spa treatments they offer and we get to smell/choose the products we will use for our spas later on. We were duly impressed by their knowledge of the spa treatments as they could also explain in detail what the masseurs did..

Also, as breakfast was served ala carte, we get to choose how we will like our eggs/meal etc. There was a choice between a Western continental breakfast or a local traditional meal..

Upon my visit this September, a crappy cab that uses newspaper for their floormats picked us up. Hot air instead of cool.. Bad start.
Also, while we were having lunch on reaching, a lady came to our table.. interrupting our meal.. just to ask, 'what will you like to do for spa'. Obviously they can't wait.
My friend had wanted to do a top up for another spa session the next day. Yet this guest relaions lady cannot tell us the cost for a top up.. Neither can she help much when we asked her for the differences between each type of massages.. Good bye personalised service!

Also, this time around breakfast is a buffet. Normally I will see this as a plus as it means more food. However, hygience level was not to standard as we spotted a lizard sharing our food table. Efforts to shoo the lizard away drew amused stares from the servers who asked, " There are no lizards in your country?" This, instead of chasing the lizard away. I guess they feel that we should have the courtesy to invite Mr lizard to share our food.

USually these things are secondary as spas are our main concern. It was dissappointing however this time around. My masseur- newly trained I believed- was not able to grasp the pressure points. Also she keeps asking me about her strength. When I tell her it's too hard, she will reduce her efforts... for 2 mins, then she'd go back to her normal pressure. What is the use of asking me then if you can't control your strength? This makes me feel as though I have wasted an hour on my massage. The hair spa was also uncomfortable as she keeps pulling on my hair. straining my scalp. My foot massage is good.. And that's because I finally found some one else.. Overall, not all the masseurs there are good now. You just hope to be lucky!

In light of all the above, I guess this shall be my final time there.. Sigh..
Time to look elsewhere :(

Visited September 2012
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Absolutely Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our girls day out at the spa was absolutely relaxing. Pick from the wide variety of treatments available. We especially liked the Balinese massage and hair spa. Lovely ambience plus a nice Indonesian lunch. Great for day-trippers from Singapore as the ferry ride over is under an hour and the transfer is only 10 minutes away. Hassle-free.

Visited July 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Spa Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I enjoyed the Balinese Massage, Hot Herbal Compress & Peppermint Scrub. 3hr with an hour treatment each may seems short.Perhaps I may consider 6hr treatment in future. Overall it was awesome!

Visited August 2012