“Drop in Standard from last year (2011)..” 3 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
singapore
“Drop in Standard from last year (2011)..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Having been to Tempat Senang the previous year, I cannot help but feel that standard has dropped tremendously from a year ago. Let me tell you why. PReviously, upon arrival, we were picked up by a comfortable air-conditioned spacious 4-wheeled drive.

Then we were escorted to the reception once reached where the guest relations personnel will talk us through the different spa treatments they offer and we get to smell/choose the products we will use for our spas later on. We were duly impressed by their knowledge of the spa treatments as they could also explain in detail what the masseurs did..

Also, as breakfast was served ala carte, we get to choose how we will like our eggs/meal etc. There was a choice between a Western continental breakfast or a local traditional meal..

Upon my visit this September, a crappy cab that uses newspaper for their floormats picked us up. Hot air instead of cool.. Bad start.
Also, while we were having lunch on reaching, a lady came to our table.. interrupting our meal.. just to ask, 'what will you like to do for spa'. Obviously they can't wait.
My friend had wanted to do a top up for another spa session the next day. Yet this guest relaions lady cannot tell us the cost for a top up.. Neither can she help much when we asked her for the differences between each type of massages.. Good bye personalised service!

Also, this time around breakfast is a buffet. Normally I will see this as a plus as it means more food. However, hygience level was not to standard as we spotted a lizard sharing our food table. Efforts to shoo the lizard away drew amused stares from the servers who asked, " There are no lizards in your country?" This, instead of chasing the lizard away. I guess they feel that we should have the courtesy to invite Mr lizard to share our food.

USually these things are secondary as spas are our main concern. It was dissappointing however this time around. My masseur- newly trained I believed- was not able to grasp the pressure points. Also she keeps asking me about her strength. When I tell her it's too hard, she will reduce her efforts... for 2 mins, then she'd go back to her normal pressure. What is the use of asking me then if you can't control your strength? This makes me feel as though I have wasted an hour on my massage. The hair spa was also uncomfortable as she keeps pulling on my hair. straining my scalp. My foot massage is good.. And that's because I finally found some one else.. Overall, not all the masseurs there are good now. You just hope to be lucky!

In light of all the above, I guess this shall be my final time there.. Sigh..
Time to look elsewhere :(

Visited September 2012

• Indonesian first
4 attraction reviews
“Absolutely Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our girls day out at the spa was absolutely relaxing. Pick from the wide variety of treatments available. We especially liked the Balinese massage and hair spa. Lovely ambience plus a nice Indonesian lunch. Great for day-trippers from Singapore as the ferry ride over is under an hour and the transfer is only 10 minutes away. Hassle-free.

Visited July 2012
“Great Spa Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I enjoyed the Balinese Massage, Hot Herbal Compress & Peppermint Scrub. 3hr with an hour treatment each may seems short.Perhaps I may consider 6hr treatment in future. Overall it was awesome!

Visited August 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Will definitely be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We booked in for the 6 hours spa package for a girlie day out. It was absolutely fabulous. The service is fantastic and the resort is beautifully laid out with lush greenery and lovely Indonesian architecture & decor.

The 6 hour package meant we could pick 6 treatments for the day. The office massage targeted my aching shoulders and legs, and though the twisting bits were a little like Thai massage, it was not as scary as they didn't try to crack my neck.

All the services were great - massage, foot reflexology, scrub etc though probably the facial was pretty average. That aside, my therapist was absolutely wonderful, the massages were the perfect pressure and she was always cheery and making sure I was comfortable & enjoying the treatments.

The catered lunch was really delicious and the portions were generous. We had the nasi campur and the grilled prawns, mutton rendang, spring rolls were amazing. We wiped the plate clean. The gado gado peanut sauce was one of the best I've had. The only downside was we had a time limit for lunch so it felt rather rushed, though that was also because we had a ferry to catch after the treatments.

Having two massages in a day was indulgent enough but having added another 4 more treatments to that, I was scrubbed and rubbed thoroughly and totally wished that we had decided to stay over as dragging myself out to the ferry terminal was tough!

We're all already planning for our next trip there and are thinking of staying over for a night.

Visited August 2012
4 attraction reviews
“A memorable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My bf and I booked a 3d2n package here and upgraded to the Bali room. Upon reaching the resort, we were warmly greeted by Martha and briefed on our 3hr spa package. We selected the following spa choices:
His:
Indonesian massage
Hot herbal compass
Mint scrub
Hers:
Balinese massage
Hot herbal compress
Coffee and rice scrub

The massages were relaxing and I wish it could go on longer than the allocated one hour! The hot herbal compress, as recommended by Martha, was excellent too. The scrub smelled delicious especially when we chose coffee and mint, it was like having mint coffee in the room! However, having tried scrubs elsewhere, I thought the scrubs could have been a bit longer and more thorough.

The Bali room was lovely! We had our own little porch and the bathroom was massive, almost as big as the room itself and equipped with a two-person jacuzzi. The bathroom decor was very natural and earthy, with the stones in the shower and the stone tiled floor. If you shower at night, be careful as the water may take some time to heat up. (Our night showers did not have much hot water but the showers in the day come with steaming hot water so stick to showering during daylight). There is also a sofa bed so technically the room can sleep up to 3 persons. Note that the tv can be shifted to face the bed at an angle so you can see watch tv in bed.

We had two nights there so on the first night we tried the beer chicken and the meat just totally falls off the bone. Tender and juicy chicken paired with the myriad of sauces and vegetables were just the way to end off the wonderful spa session. The next night, we tried the nasi campur and the food is again excellent. The servings are for two but they can actually feed up to three comfortably. If you divide the S$50 per meal over 2 persons, it can be slightly pricey but note that the servings can feed up to 3.

There is nothing much to do in the resort although there is wifi in the lobby area and our Bali room which is situated next to the lobby was close enough to pick up the wifi signals so we could still surf the net if we were bored. We watched a couple of movies, toured around the compound, enjoying the serene environment.

Overall, had a good experience and I were certainly return for a 2d1n again! (3d2n is a bit too long as there is nothing much to do in the resort) What makes it more memorable is that my bf proposed here and returning brings back fond memories of our short holiday.

Looking forward to my next visit!

Visited June 2012