“Great Spa Retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
“Great Spa Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I enjoyed the Balinese Massage, Hot Herbal Compress & Peppermint Scrub. 3hr with an hour treatment each may seems short.Perhaps I may consider 6hr treatment in future. Overall it was awesome!

Visited August 2012

• Indonesian first
3 attraction reviews
“Will definitely be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We booked in for the 6 hours spa package for a girlie day out. It was absolutely fabulous. The service is fantastic and the resort is beautifully laid out with lush greenery and lovely Indonesian architecture & decor.

The 6 hour package meant we could pick 6 treatments for the day. The office massage targeted my aching shoulders and legs, and though the twisting bits were a little like Thai massage, it was not as scary as they didn't try to crack my neck.

All the services were great - massage, foot reflexology, scrub etc though probably the facial was pretty average. That aside, my therapist was absolutely wonderful, the massages were the perfect pressure and she was always cheery and making sure I was comfortable & enjoying the treatments.

The catered lunch was really delicious and the portions were generous. We had the nasi campur and the grilled prawns, mutton rendang, spring rolls were amazing. We wiped the plate clean. The gado gado peanut sauce was one of the best I've had. The only downside was we had a time limit for lunch so it felt rather rushed, though that was also because we had a ferry to catch after the treatments.

Having two massages in a day was indulgent enough but having added another 4 more treatments to that, I was scrubbed and rubbed thoroughly and totally wished that we had decided to stay over as dragging myself out to the ferry terminal was tough!

We're all already planning for our next trip there and are thinking of staying over for a night.

Visited August 2012
4 attraction reviews
“A memorable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My bf and I booked a 3d2n package here and upgraded to the Bali room. Upon reaching the resort, we were warmly greeted by Martha and briefed on our 3hr spa package. We selected the following spa choices:
His:
Indonesian massage
Hot herbal compass
Mint scrub
Hers:
Balinese massage
Hot herbal compress
Coffee and rice scrub

The massages were relaxing and I wish it could go on longer than the allocated one hour! The hot herbal compress, as recommended by Martha, was excellent too. The scrub smelled delicious especially when we chose coffee and mint, it was like having mint coffee in the room! However, having tried scrubs elsewhere, I thought the scrubs could have been a bit longer and more thorough.

The Bali room was lovely! We had our own little porch and the bathroom was massive, almost as big as the room itself and equipped with a two-person jacuzzi. The bathroom decor was very natural and earthy, with the stones in the shower and the stone tiled floor. If you shower at night, be careful as the water may take some time to heat up. (Our night showers did not have much hot water but the showers in the day come with steaming hot water so stick to showering during daylight). There is also a sofa bed so technically the room can sleep up to 3 persons. Note that the tv can be shifted to face the bed at an angle so you can see watch tv in bed.

We had two nights there so on the first night we tried the beer chicken and the meat just totally falls off the bone. Tender and juicy chicken paired with the myriad of sauces and vegetables were just the way to end off the wonderful spa session. The next night, we tried the nasi campur and the food is again excellent. The servings are for two but they can actually feed up to three comfortably. If you divide the S$50 per meal over 2 persons, it can be slightly pricey but note that the servings can feed up to 3.

There is nothing much to do in the resort although there is wifi in the lobby area and our Bali room which is situated next to the lobby was close enough to pick up the wifi signals so we could still surf the net if we were bored. We watched a couple of movies, toured around the compound, enjoying the serene environment.

Overall, had a good experience and I were certainly return for a 2d1n again! (3d2n is a bit too long as there is nothing much to do in the resort) What makes it more memorable is that my bf proposed here and returning brings back fond memories of our short holiday.

Looking forward to my next visit!

Visited June 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Quick Getaway from Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

If you are looking for a quick but yet relaxing weekend (or weekday) getaway from Singapore this is the place to go. It is just a 45 minute ferry ride from Harbor Front to Batam and a short drive to Tempat Senang.
Having been a few times before with my husband, alone and with a group of friends (we booked the whole place for a friend’s birthday!) - have not been disappointed yet. You will be welcomed by friendly staff and enjoy choice accommodation (recommend the Timor house), good food in the cozy dining room; and of course, the massages - having tried all the wonderful spa offerings; I prefer the Balinese massage. Spoiling myself with one on Saturday and one on Sunday!!
I highly recommend for a quick break from the Singapore stress - for less than what you would spend on weekend activities in Singapore.

Visited April 2012
Arizona City, Arizona
“Amazing As Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Whenever i am in S’pore I never fail to go to Batam i just love the choices of message you can choose from for a very cheap price ,you can pick a half day or A full day Spa , on this trip i tried the Balinese Massage, Peppermint body scrub for a calming and refreshing feeling and the ear wax, I just might make another trip before i go back to the U.S this time i want to try the Hawaiian Lomi lomi massage . The staffs are great i only wish i remembered the young lady that took care of me but i am sure all the ladies are as good as the one that took care of me, Jasmine the Owner have selected some great staff to run this beautiful Spa.
Tempat Senang has different rooms with different themes which give everyone a different experience,I have just suggested to a friend of mine visiting from the U.S let your husband go Golfing while you have a full day Spa at the end of the day both parties are happy.

Visited May 2012