“Relaxing place for a short break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of KTM Resort - Batam

Save Saved
You added KTM Resort - Batam to your Saves list
KTM Resort - Batam
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Kolonel Soegiono | Tg. Pinggir - Sekupang, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Ranked #29 of 73 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“Relaxing place for a short break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a Nite, very quiet place, not much activities except for the pool. Good for short trip. Room was clean, bathroom amenities was provided. Meal was simple not 5 star rating. Service was slow.

• Stayed July 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

2d1n package stay purchased from alldealsasia. Lina, our tour guide was from the tour agency 933 and the places we went like the kueh lapis layer cake shop, paintball, seafood restaurant were all within their compound. other places were elsewhere. proper transport was provided, good.

Beachfront Cottage @ KTM resort: the tide was super low. we thought our resort will be facing the sea, with a great view and breeze but it wasn't what we imagine. it looks different online. the stairs up our wooden room was super steep. extremely quiet and looks "ulu". not many variety for the buffet breakfast as I only see 2 couples besides us. if you stay here, get prepared to jus stay in your room, with the aircon and tv. nothing else to do. no beach, milky green pool, just 1 restaurant where you can have your meals, resort extremely far away from any shopping center. Walking out to the main entrance is tiring and you needs enough stamina to walk up hill.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had bought the 2D1N Spa Villa package KTM Resort. It was actually a short break from my tedious work schedule in Singapore.

Where to Buy: The package can be bought at Harbourfront Centre, #01-34 [near lobby C]. Phone: +65 62702238. My package consisted of 2 way ferry [ in good quality ferries, upper salon open to air, with shed on top. Lower salon is air conditioned]. Airconditioned van in Sekupang Port to take us to the resort. 90 minutes spa treatment. Second day included breakfast, guided city tour, sea food lunch and drop at port for return. S$100++. Do not remember the exact amount.

Morning took the ferry from Harbour Front, a very nice cruise through the waters. A part of the cruise was alongside the Singapore south coast line, so it was nice to see the beautiful city I live in from a distance in a different view. After immigration in Sekupang Port, we were greeted by the KTM staff and the van was ready. I preferred to hang around there for a while, so took the next trip which was after another half hour.

Arrived the resort quite early so room was not ready. We hanged around the resort relishing the view of the sea with the fading Singapore skyline opposite.

Had our lunch with Bintang Beer and local food in the restaurant. There were few fishing sitting n the edge of the restaurant.

The room was amazing. Wooden lined walls with a window and balcony facing the sea. Small but nice room. Has a tv, aircon [not needed if the window is kept open, very breezy], tea coffee making facilities, water bottle, etc. It was a refreshment for the eye and ears. All can be seen is the blue sea and sky, changing colors with the mood of the day and weather. Ideal for a peaceful break listensing to music or reading books or relax with girl friend.

Activities are also there, like swimming pool [sea water], fishing, children playground, etc. Even saw couple of tourist groups playing majong. This place is bit secluded from the Batam city hustle bustle but anyone willing to visit the city can hire the taxis available from reception.

The spa is on stilts on the sea water. Its an experience to sit in the jaccuzi on the spa balcony with the open sea view followed by a full body massage by the nimble fingers of the Indon ladies. Massage was good. The spa experience eased of a big part of the tiredness.

Nothing much to do, neither was i interested to experience city bustle, so it was mostly sleeping, reading books, listening music, strolling around as the compund is big. The reception is courteous to wake me up for spa treatment or dinner. The reception girls are bit weak in English so need to speak slow. But they make up with their big smiles and giggles.

The next day I chose to go for the city tour. Few factory outlets to buy brands for cheap. I recomend The First Factory Outlet.

It was a nice relaxing trip. The tour guide was an irritating character. Not only me, seemed the other guests were also not liking him. One couple end up in heated argument with him. I thought of complaining about him, but ultimately never did so.

Room Tip: The sea view villas on stilts are small, enough to stay alone or cozy up with girl friend. The rooms...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Ok, here I was trying to getaway for a couple of days and was toggling between Indonesia and Thailand. Finally, I settled for Indonesia. I just returned from a 3D2N stay at KTM Resort.

Here are my feedback:

1) Ambiance and the serenity was great.

2) The food was alright

3) I took a package with Spa Villa - the massage was great but it was shoddy. Have you ever heard of a full body massage where your front thighs and legs are not massaged? Neither did I until I experienced it myself. When I questioned them, the masseur insisted that she did do it. Being in a foreign country, I shut up and left. So when you book the package massage, be thorough and enquire all the details

4) KTM Resort service sucks big time!
On the second day morning, I had gone out and the room service had gone in to prep up my room. That was fine. But what was flabbergasting was that when I cam back to the room, my room door was left WIDE OPEN!!!! All my stuff were still there but my point is, which moron in his right frame of mind would leave the guest's room door wide open? This upset me a great deal - thank god I was carrying all my valuables with me!

5) The check-out process was the most hilarious and bewildering! I had been using my credit card a couple of times already during the trip and had no problems. When I gave the reception my card at checkout she took it, swiped it (rather inserted it) and came back to me to say it didn't work. I of course told her to try again because it could be due to the phoneline connection but she insisted that I give her another card. But I didn't carry another. So she went sought the help of another staff and that guy completed my transaction in seconds. So much for staff's knowledge and training.

6) The restaurant has a menu that does not allow for any customisation. So if you don't like the items on the menu, don't ask the waiters for alternatives or any modifications because firstly, the waiters are so dumb that they cannot understand and secondly, they have no initiative to want to verify with guest's orders. So save yourselves from the hassle and worry. Just carry some cup noodles as back up.

7) The rooms are generally clean. It is small but compact. Only that the air-con vent is positioned directly in such a way that the cool air hits your head and face. For those of you who have sinus issues, watch this.

8) On the second night, there was some private party for a group of Indonesian locals. At 10pm, some of them started playing with firecrackers. When I complained to the reeption, because it was being fired just below my 'hut', they refused to ask these guests to stop. Furthermore, the reception told me to 'not go to bed until midnight' since that was when it would end. Have anyone heard of such a thing?

So on a scale of 1 to 10, my overall rating for KTM resort would be 2.

Room Tip: The rooms were all pretty much like cottages. I took the Beach Front Cottage meant for 2 people. The...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

A group of us did a weekend stay at KTM last week.

We paid something like $59 for it, thru an agency. it comes with 1 free bread first, 1 hour of massage and a day tour in Batam. We reach Batam ferry point about 11am and by the time we reach KTM itself is's almost 7pm.

Well the KTM resort stay is acceptable for me. it looks to me that all if not most of the chalets are built along a steep slope, and if you can, avoid chalet number with 5XX, 4XX, 3XX - it's a steep up slope climb! Best if you can book those with 2XX or 1XX better!

It's a quiet place to unwind and do some self reflection.

Would I want to return to KTM, YES of course but this time i would skipp the day tour and ask for chalet number with 1XX - save me the steep climbing!

Yes, from the beach front you could spot MBS clearly!

Room Tip: Avoid chalet number with 5XX, 4XX, 3XX - it's a steep up slope climb! Best if you can book those...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

whereby there's no beaches for us to swim?
or sands to play around with?

my friend and I, we're in our mid-20's, and people like us, we want a simple thing.
which is wifi.
oh yeah, you CAN connect to their wifi network.
but guess what?
IT DOESN'T EVEN LOAD FACEBOOK OR TWITTER!
Might as well said no wifi. Dash Dot Dash -> -.-

The swimming pool is filled with algae.
The breakfast is ok for a 2days 1night trip.
The pool table is closed.
Room is ok cuz it's just the both of us.

But this is not a resort.
Cuz there's no beach. -.-"
I would call this maybe, a hotel by the seaside view.
A Cottage Hotel.

But front office staffs were quite friendly.
And the restaurant staffs were friendly too.
Drivers were friendly.
So is the housekeeping staffs.

Ya....

-Ridzky V

• Stayed February 2013
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were there for a Family Holiday consists of 2 kids & 2 adults.
Start from our arrival, as usual have tow ait for check in time @ 2pm.... No activities for kids, the kids was jumping around coz they are sooooo bored.... Sweating and the env was so hot no fans install around the Sports Bar area and the Pool Table was closed. They called it Sports Bar but there's NOTHING only a sofa..
To our disappointment we were given a a so called Deluxe Cottage that fits our no of people and the moment we enter t bedrooom OMG there's only a QUEEN SIZE Bed.....How are we going to sleep but we make do coz we cant be bothered to call the REception.
After half hour it came to our attention that our Departure time has not been confirmed at the Reception counter as they are in hurry.
So we called the Reception, and we were shocked THEY arranged for our departure to be at 6.30pm the next day. This is not my 1st time to be in Batam and as norm other resort will give us a time option. But for this REsort CHOSED for our..
The check out time is 12pm and our Depsrture is 6.30 so what can we do in THIS resort during those hours.So we called again and this time lots of ppl giving diff theory..We stil stick to our time.
2nd day: Kids are sooo excited to go swimming so thy are prepared, We went for Breakfast 1st thn we proceed to the Swimming Pool..To our shocked(please refer to the Pictures for the Swimming Pool Image) we were informed by one of the guests that its a Seawater swimming pool but that doesnt matter, Around the wall of the Swiimg Pool is a thick Algae....They dont maintain the swimming pool @ all.. And at last we request for an early check out @ 10.45am and our Departure is 11.10am to our shocked when we getting out Boarding Pass we were told by the counter that our Departure time is 12.45pm instead of 6.30pm.

Imagine we dont insist on going back early we would have miss the Ferry.
KTM Resort have a communication Breakdown. They should consider changing lots of things and pay more attention to customer interest.

Room Tip: None i dont have any tip only if you do not like walking up a hill Request for a lower level resort...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to KTM Resort - Batam? Share your experiences!