“Best 3 star beach resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of KTM Resort - Batam

You added KTM Resort - Batam to your Saves list
KTM Resort - Batam
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Kolonel Soegiono | Tg. Pinggir - Sekupang, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Ranked #30 of 74 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“Best 3 star beach resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We bought a voucher for 2d1n from Deal.com.sg @ SGD55/pax (excl. fuel surcharge and tax of SGD27/pax), which is rather affordable.

We checked in rather early on 15th April @ about 11am (IND time).
The whole area was big, overall a thumbs up to the wonderful layout of the cottages and huts.
It was on a Sunday therefore, it was quiet and peaceful as it was almost empty.

No doubt, the room was small, for a beachfront cottage, but it was cosy enough for 2 pax.
It was all made from wood, so you could hear your neighbor's conversation, if by any bad chance, you have a neighbor.
(We were lucky enough to be the only check in for beachfront cottage, therefore, we could only hear the wonderful serenity of the beachwaves.)

The food was rather cheap and extremely delicious.
The waiter and waitresses are very well trianed and treats you like royalty.
For est. SGD45, we could get 2 drinks, 6 side dishes and 2 plates of rice.
The Oriental BBQ Beef was too good, it's a must try.
The ambience for the restaurant was nice and it was pretty large.

The staffs are all very approachable, helpful and friendly.
Despite we tried communicating in Bahasa Indonesia, they tried their best to converse in English.They tend to remember who are you, and always try to call you by name.

The swimming pool was a filtered sea water and it was clean when we get there.
(Many reviewed it was rundown and dirty, I have no idea why.)
It's opened 24 hours but we didn't get a dip cause we slept the whole time we were there.

Overall, it was a good experience stay for a 3 star resort.
The view was really worth the $$.

Room Tip: Beachfront cottage has a better sea view than other rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend stay at ktm.
First of all, the cottages are small and dim but clean, basic amenities, hot shower and tv are avail, My cottage room was given at far end, so there was sewage smell in e toilet, lucky we brought insect repellent as a makeshift air freshener.
Too bad e evenin was raining else we could use e balcony (overlooking the sea) to chill out.
As for swimming pool, since no one swim in it, maybe the owner could do a upgrade or change into a fish spa to attract more visitors?
B'fast was better than expected though, a simple buffet style. Also went to e restaurant for lunch, service its not that slow but whats there to rush? We Had seafood crispy noodle, the ingredients are v.freshed!
There's free shuttle svc to nagoya hill mall and the staff all v.friendly.
Overall its a simple and yet relaxing break. This is the place for rest n relaxing, gettin close to nature, so DO NOT expect any kind of luxury or quick efficient service for the price u pay here. :)

• Stayed April 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Price:
Bought the $55 per pax deal from www.deal.com.sg. Total cost for this 2D1N KTM Batam Resort trip = $55 * 2 + $27 * 2 = S$164/-. As this seemed to be a cheap deal, I was worried if there will be room available during weekend and if their service is good. However, everything went well and fast. Marwar from KTM Resort was prompt in confirming my reservation for both the accommodation and Spa services. Appreciated his effort.

Accommodation:
My hubby and I stayed at the beachfront cottage; a cottage that is divided into 2 rooms. Our room is really small. Width is about 1.5 times of a queen size bed; length is about 2 times of a queen size bed; with an additional shared balcony with your neighbor. Basic necessities are available; toothbrush with tooth paste; shower cap, shower/shampoo, towels, slippers, mineral water, packets of coffee and tea, mini fridge. Though is small, but most of the things u need are there. Do keep in mind that the sound proof for this beachfront cottage is terrible as we can hear our neighbor’s television sound as well as their “ahem” loud and clear. Other than that, everything is fine.

Surrounding:
Surrounding is nice. Many places for photo taking; saw 2 couples taking bridal photos; u can image the nice scenary? Medium size red ants can be seen almost everywhere. But we did not manage to find any in our room, even though we left an ice-cream wrapper overnight.

Spa:
Spa was good and priced reasonably. The best thing is to have the massage while facing the sea. Though the spa therapists have good technique; my hubby and I feel that they talk to each other too much; to the extent of using only one hand to massage and another to gesture to their partner. Had a better spa experience when I went for another massage myself the next morning; my second therapist had no one to talk to. :p

Food was average and value for money. However, their fish cost about $30 SGD. Other then the fish, others are ok. Watermelon fruit juice was sweet and nice. Do expect to wait up to an hour for your dinner to be served during weekend as their kitchen is really slow at churning out food. Though there wasn’t many tables (less than 15 tables), my hubby and I waited for 45 mins for our dinner and there are other tables waited for about 1 hour. Breakfast was super basic; nothing fantastic.

Staff service was great! Everyone smiled and greeted us if we walked past them. Although their English is not great but with some hand gestures and simple English, they are able to understand what we requested for. There is also quite a few staff that has better command of English. You can always ask them for help. For my 2D1N trip, all staff is so welcoming even though we paid so little.

Overall
For the price I paid. I feel this resort deserves a “Four Stars” rating. Nothing luxury, everything is basic. But we feel we got more than what we paid for. Good Job!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

Out of the main town lots of mosquitoes do not bring kids swimming pools were not well maintained food is limited after ten plus pm no food or restaurant so please take dinner ASAP best before nine pm service is not good it might be great for only couples who wants to hide away from city and very very simple break away from city everytime you want to go not night life must pay for taxi which might cost estimated about USD 20 one way so relax sitback and think wisely .they do have message and spa but a little more than from the main towns . Sea breeze and nature around for nature lovers and good palace for tracking .

• Stayed August 2011
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Was here with a few of my friends for a short weekend getaway. Firstly, the person in charge I was liaising with took really long to reply my emails, I've sent probably more than 5 emails before getting a proper reply. The resort was to book our ferry tickets well in advance but I only received a 'confirmation' the day before our travel date. On the travel day itself, the ferry ticket counter staff told us that they did not receive any confirmation from the resort and the morning ferry is fully booked. We had to take the next one which was 4 hours later! I had to keep calling the resort and get them to solve the issue. Finally on the ferry, I received a call from the resort telling me that they would cancel my booking because we were supposed to be there in the morning! I threw a fit and told the staff that I was the one who called in the morning and our ferry was not confirmed and it was all because of the delay by them. When we finally arrived, we were told that our room was given up to another guest because we were not there in the morning! So we had to wait till another room was ready, they made us go to the city centre while they prepare our room, I was thinking of lazing around at the resort while waiting or go for a spa (as expected, it was fully booked) but the staff was pushing us to go shopping when we were not interested! What supposed to be a relaxing weekend retreat turned out to be a horror, I felt like I was on an adventure when I returned home. The saving grace was the room we were given, a nice chalet overlooking the sea and the spa session was really good but we only enjoyed that on the day of our check-out, quite pointless, really.

Room Tip: get the family huts instead of those on stilts, don't be fooled by pictures.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

As mentioned in the other reviews! smallest room i ever stay, poor food and non attentive service in the restaurant. Only consolation was the service staff at the spa.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

nice resort overlooking Singapore. massage huts by the beach ... u can enjoy the sound of the waves while having ur massage....very smoothing & very relaxing ... but .. restaurant is full of houseflies ..

Room Tip: sea view room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to KTM Resort - Batam? Share your experiences!