“Nothing Luxury, Everything is Basic; But we definitely got more than wat we paid for!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of KTM Resort - Batam

Save Saved
You added KTM Resort - Batam to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
KTM Resort - Batam
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Kolonel Soegiono | Tg. Pinggir - Sekupang, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Ranked #33 of 69 hotels in Batam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Price:
Bought the $55 per pax deal from www.deal.com.sg. Total cost for this 2D1N KTM Batam Resort trip = $55 * 2 + $27 * 2 = S$164/-. As this seemed to be a cheap deal, I was worried if there will be room available during weekend and if their service is good. However, everything went well and fast. Marwar from KTM Resort was prompt in confirming my reservation for both the accommodation and Spa services. Appreciated his effort.

Accommodation:
My hubby and I stayed at the beachfront cottage; a cottage that is divided into 2 rooms. Our room is really small. Width is about 1.5 times of a queen size bed; length is about 2 times of a queen size bed; with an additional shared balcony with your neighbor. Basic necessities are available; toothbrush with tooth paste; shower cap, shower/shampoo, towels, slippers, mineral water, packets of coffee and tea, mini fridge. Though is small, but most of the things u need are there. Do keep in mind that the sound proof for this beachfront cottage is terrible as we can hear our neighbor’s television sound as well as their “ahem” loud and clear. Other than that, everything is fine.

Surrounding:
Surrounding is nice. Many places for photo taking; saw 2 couples taking bridal photos; u can image the nice scenary? Medium size red ants can be seen almost everywhere. But we did not manage to find any in our room, even though we left an ice-cream wrapper overnight.

Spa:
Spa was good and priced reasonably. The best thing is to have the massage while facing the sea. Though the spa therapists have good technique; my hubby and I feel that they talk to each other too much; to the extent of using only one hand to massage and another to gesture to their partner. Had a better spa experience when I went for another massage myself the next morning; my second therapist had no one to talk to. :p

Food was average and value for money. However, their fish cost about $30 SGD. Other then the fish, others are ok. Watermelon fruit juice was sweet and nice. Do expect to wait up to an hour for your dinner to be served during weekend as their kitchen is really slow at churning out food. Though there wasn’t many tables (less than 15 tables), my hubby and I waited for 45 mins for our dinner and there are other tables waited for about 1 hour. Breakfast was super basic; nothing fantastic.

Staff service was great! Everyone smiled and greeted us if we walked past them. Although their English is not great but with some hand gestures and simple English, they are able to understand what we requested for. There is also quite a few staff that has better command of English. You can always ask them for help. For my 2D1N trip, all staff is so welcoming even though we paid so little.

Overall
For the price I paid. I feel this resort deserves a “Four Stars” rating. Nothing luxury, everything is basic. But we feel we got more than what we paid for. Good Job!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

Out of the main town lots of mosquitoes do not bring kids swimming pools were not well maintained food is limited after ten plus pm no food or restaurant so please take dinner ASAP best before nine pm service is not good it might be great for only couples who wants to hide away from city and very very simple break away from city everytime you want to go not night life must pay for taxi which might cost estimated about USD 20 one way so relax sitback and think wisely .they do have message and spa but a little more than from the main towns . Sea breeze and nature around for nature lovers and good palace for tracking .

• Stayed August 2011
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Was here with a few of my friends for a short weekend getaway. Firstly, the person in charge I was liaising with took really long to reply my emails, I've sent probably more than 5 emails before getting a proper reply. The resort was to book our ferry tickets well in advance but I only received a 'confirmation' the day before our travel date. On the travel day itself, the ferry ticket counter staff told us that they did not receive any confirmation from the resort and the morning ferry is fully booked. We had to take the next one which was 4 hours later! I had to keep calling the resort and get them to solve the issue. Finally on the ferry, I received a call from the resort telling me that they would cancel my booking because we were supposed to be there in the morning! I threw a fit and told the staff that I was the one who called in the morning and our ferry was not confirmed and it was all because of the delay by them. When we finally arrived, we were told that our room was given up to another guest because we were not there in the morning! So we had to wait till another room was ready, they made us go to the city centre while they prepare our room, I was thinking of lazing around at the resort while waiting or go for a spa (as expected, it was fully booked) but the staff was pushing us to go shopping when we were not interested! What supposed to be a relaxing weekend retreat turned out to be a horror, I felt like I was on an adventure when I returned home. The saving grace was the room we were given, a nice chalet overlooking the sea and the spa session was really good but we only enjoyed that on the day of our check-out, quite pointless, really.

Room Tip: get the family huts instead of those on stilts, don't be fooled by pictures.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

As mentioned in the other reviews! smallest room i ever stay, poor food and non attentive service in the restaurant. Only consolation was the service staff at the spa.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

nice resort overlooking Singapore. massage huts by the beach ... u can enjoy the sound of the waves while having ur massage....very smoothing & very relaxing ... but .. restaurant is full of houseflies ..

Room Tip: sea view room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
singnet
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

When I saw photo of the beach front at the tour agency in Ppl Park, I fell in love with it straightaway ! But after payment and reading 2-3 negatv & positv sharings, i was mixed w trepidatn. Advice: go w open mind even though bad experiences are true.
However, i must do justice to the enjoyable wkend stay during 2012 ch new yr, IN THIS REVIEW.
# Some complaints are valid like hvg a clean sea wtr swimg pool vimp, perhaps at low season the staff were not efficient in removg tiny leaves & HAIRs floating on the wtr. i hope the hotel boss+top management read the reviews seriously, that the pool staff must daily REMOVE THE FLOATING HAIRS+leaves ON THE WATER ! IF ADULT SWIMMERS ACCIDENTALLY SWALLOW THE STRANDS OF HAIRS INTO THEIR THROATS, THEY WILL HV TO PAY HIGH MEDICAL BILLS FOR INFECTNS OF ITCHY IRRITATING THROATs AND THE HOTEL CAN BE SUED TO PAY OPERATION BILLS ! the swimg pool is charged lowly, only for non-residential guests. seawater is pumped directly into pool. OK to swim. BUT to supervise children as all 4 edges of pool DOES NOT SHOW DEPTH !# Breakfast not fantastic but edible w the toasts. porridge was cold. #CAUTION : Spa - sgp owner charges sgp prices!, no credit card, cash only. resort has no atm if you run out of $. 1 tiny shop for Tshirts+sourvenirs+drinks stall. bring more cash & adaptors+long cable for yr sharing one powerpoint next to mattress, takg turns to charge yr 2hp, camera, notebk.

lagoon - children can play. seabed is clean when water recedes. adults dont swim due to seeing the non-swimg end with yellow clusters of unsightly floaters - could be salt concentrations? water is low for swimming but if one walks on dry seabed, it can be 5.5feet high in the middle, cordoned off by cement potted plants. When tide comes in, can see fishes & a big lonely fish and 2 marine blue fishes.

BUT MORE POSITIVES - we stayed at the cozy lovely, rustic beachfront. CNY 3days fully booked ! yet we didnt hear our neighbours talkg. our aircon dripped 2nd nite, attendant & technician came promptly to resolve leak. receptn staff+attendants were helpful w extra pillows. TV was working well.
Grounds are huge w tennis court and log cabin houses built or supported on tree trunks.
This hotel will survive negative truths as there's a huge kwan imm on its grounds, facing sgp, protecting it and beckoning Sgporeans to visit and spend $ in prosperous batam!

Batam has changed a lot in this 2nd trip, my lst was >12 yrs ago. The day trip was gd, w shopping at interestg City Square, visits to a huge temple overlookg sgp, a miniature village houses, seafd and visits to tempting factory outlets & polo.

The ferry terminal is connected to another hotel+shopping centre ! vconvenient!

rlim

Room Tip: For wheelchair cases, the cheapest standard double rooms nos.1-9 or 10-18 at the back next to recept...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011 via mobile

This resort is beautifully located along the beach which is one of the most beautiful View that took my breath away. Also there's a lovely guan yin statue situated close to the resort. Only one word to describe the statue, "spectacular"!

The exterior designs of the resort's rooms reminded me of kampung attap houses. Nature lovers or those whom want to escape the busy city life would totally appreciate this. My room's balcony overlooked the beach front and it was pretty nice to just seat out and enjoy the wind and sound of waves. Just remember that the balcony is shared with your neighbor as well :-)

When your there try the spa. It's one of the best with it's spa by the sea concept. I enjoyed the massage as it drained all my stress away.

The restaurant sadly wasn't up to my expectation. The seafood ala carte Was hard to stomach but to my surprise the breakfast next day was gladly better.

Overall, the service was good. Good experience but it could have been better.

• Stayed December 2011
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to KTM Resort - Batam? Share your experiences!