“Nice view and friendly staff.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of 89 Hotel

Save Saved
You added 89 Hotel to your Saves list
89 Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Pembangunan Baloi Blok VI | Penuin, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Ranked #21 of 64 hotels in Batam
“Nice view and friendly staff.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Stay here for a night. The room is clean but slightly smelly...Good location for shopping and short stay,
The staff are quite helpful...
As my personal pointo of view , the few things that I was not pleased .
Dont like the windows... my aircon seems to be unswing able ... none dim-able lighthing... overall is fine.
The design was great, and the breakfast is fantastic for me.
Just dont get it... Why do people smoke every where in Indonesia? At least provide a smoking or none smoking zone... Its not fair for none smoker like me.

• Stayed December 2012

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Room is spacious & bright, looks cool and I like it, also not very good in soundproof because I can hear my next door clearly. Toilet looks clean but bedsheet and towel are not clean, there are stains. I've got some stuffs of them to post here. Staff are lack of friendliness as they will greet you with their familiar frowning face whenever they see you

• Stayed November 2012
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The good parts such as location and pretty good breakfast spread remain. It is interesting to note that they have canapes and a dessert corner, which is thoughful of the team. It's mainly local fare, so Asians and non-Asians looking for something apart from Western fare will be fine with it.

A word of caution though is to not travel during certain public holidays central to the community as their massage parlours (surrounding the hotel) all close. The hotel's one was also not open (although they advertised it was open till 10.30pm and we were there at 6pm) and the next day, it was fully booked so it was a disappointment.

And I reallly wish they would set up a non-smoking policy in the restaurant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Room with corporate rate from my business associate is impressive with free wifi in room and lobby, great tv channel, and restaurant for my meeting with clients. I try gym in the morning, many local aunties are there. Try facial treatment in salon and so sorry don't try massage after read other's review. I will be back, cu with lcd tv.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed in the Standard Romm from 22 July to 24 July (2 nights).

Hotel receptionists fairly fluent in English. One of them can also speak Hokkien, which I find pretty impressive.

Breakfast spread is good - about 20 kinds of varieties. I like the 'lopez' which is made with black glutinous rice. The butter corn kernels are fantastic too. People who like porridge will be pleased to find 2 different types of porridge accompanied with various choices of condiments (my faves are the salted egg and pickled vegetables). As I stayed for 2 nights, the food served on the 2 mornings were different. Very happy with the food selection.

Hotel is a short walk to Top 100 to BCS. Good for shoppers.

Hotel massage is pretty cheap too: 110 000 (about SGD15) for 2 hour full body massage. Aromatherapy massage 2 hour is 130 000 (about SGD17). Very worth it.

My 2 grouses:
- My room faces Ozon Hotel and I can hear motorbicycles almost throughout the night. Not for light-sleepers.
- The comb broke after I first used. Maybe it's because my hair is thick and longer than shoulder length.

Hotel Room Types and Rates (Privilege Card Room Rates/ Normal Rates):
1. Standard (369 000/ 475 000)
2. Superior (399 000/ 515 000)
3. Deluxe (439 000/ 575 000)
4. VIP Silver (499 000/ 655 000)
5. Junior Suite (499 000/ 655 000)
6. VIP Gold (659 000/ 875 000)
7. Executive Suite (875 000/ 1 100 000)

Room Tip: Request for a room away from the roads. It'll offer you much better sleep quality.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

since it was a last minute booking, most hotel rooms that we wanted were fully booked..when booking this hotel we didnt expect much but we r so happy as it was more den expected upon arriving...we had a deluxe room which have a kitchen n a bedroom separated..we love our room so much
we actuali surveyed a few massage parlour but end up taking the massage at the hotel itself coz its cheaper n convenient...one hour aroma massage n one body scrub cost me only 180000 rupiah (abt $20),super cheap.
hotel is at nagoya town so very accessible to all popular shopping ctr,but recommended not to walk coz the traffic is so dangerous..we charted a car $50 for 2 days with driver so our trip was very worth..planning for another trip..no regrets for this hotel,everything is tip top eventho its juz a 3 star hotel

• Stayed July 2012
Sugianto K, General Manager at 89 Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Guest,
Cheers from 89 Hotel, Batam !

We are delighted that you had enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for your great comments about our hotel. Unarguably, our hotel is indeed value for money and its prime location in the central of business district has make it very famous in Batam. We often receive good comments regarding impressive service of our staffs too.

We are glad that you had enjoyed your relaxing time at our massage parlour and in fact, our guests come from all over the world everyday praising about our affordable pricing and fine services.

I am pleased to inform you that we are gradually renovating our entire hotel and guest rooms currently in order to serve you better. We certainly believe that you will find a massive change and improvement. Hopefully, we could impress you further during your next visit with us.

Looking forward welcoming You back the soonest.

Kind Regards,

SUGIANTO K.
GENERAL MANAGER

Been to 89 Hotel? Share your experiences!