“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 89 Hotel

Save Saved
You added 89 Hotel to your Saves list
89 Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Pembangunan Baloi Blok VI | Penuin, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Ranked #21 of 64 hotels in Batam
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Room with corporate rate from my business associate is impressive with free wifi in room and lobby, great tv channel, and restaurant for my meeting with clients. I try gym in the morning, many local aunties are there. Try facial treatment in salon and so sorry don't try massage after read other's review. I will be back, cu with lcd tv.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed in the Standard Romm from 22 July to 24 July (2 nights).

Hotel receptionists fairly fluent in English. One of them can also speak Hokkien, which I find pretty impressive.

Breakfast spread is good - about 20 kinds of varieties. I like the 'lopez' which is made with black glutinous rice. The butter corn kernels are fantastic too. People who like porridge will be pleased to find 2 different types of porridge accompanied with various choices of condiments (my faves are the salted egg and pickled vegetables). As I stayed for 2 nights, the food served on the 2 mornings were different. Very happy with the food selection.

Hotel is a short walk to Top 100 to BCS. Good for shoppers.

Hotel massage is pretty cheap too: 110 000 (about SGD15) for 2 hour full body massage. Aromatherapy massage 2 hour is 130 000 (about SGD17). Very worth it.

My 2 grouses:
- My room faces Ozon Hotel and I can hear motorbicycles almost throughout the night. Not for light-sleepers.
- The comb broke after I first used. Maybe it's because my hair is thick and longer than shoulder length.

Hotel Room Types and Rates (Privilege Card Room Rates/ Normal Rates):
1. Standard (369 000/ 475 000)
2. Superior (399 000/ 515 000)
3. Deluxe (439 000/ 575 000)
4. VIP Silver (499 000/ 655 000)
5. Junior Suite (499 000/ 655 000)
6. VIP Gold (659 000/ 875 000)
7. Executive Suite (875 000/ 1 100 000)

Room Tip: Request for a room away from the roads. It'll offer you much better sleep quality.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

since it was a last minute booking, most hotel rooms that we wanted were fully booked..when booking this hotel we didnt expect much but we r so happy as it was more den expected upon arriving...we had a deluxe room which have a kitchen n a bedroom separated..we love our room so much
we actuali surveyed a few massage parlour but end up taking the massage at the hotel itself coz its cheaper n convenient...one hour aroma massage n one body scrub cost me only 180000 rupiah (abt $20),super cheap.
hotel is at nagoya town so very accessible to all popular shopping ctr,but recommended not to walk coz the traffic is so dangerous..we charted a car $50 for 2 days with driver so our trip was very worth..planning for another trip..no regrets for this hotel,everything is tip top eventho its juz a 3 star hotel

• Stayed July 2012
Sugianto K, General Manager at 89 Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Guest,
Cheers from 89 Hotel, Batam !

We are delighted that you had enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for your great comments about our hotel. Unarguably, our hotel is indeed value for money and its prime location in the central of business district has make it very famous in Batam. We often receive good comments regarding impressive service of our staffs too.

We are glad that you had enjoyed your relaxing time at our massage parlour and in fact, our guests come from all over the world everyday praising about our affordable pricing and fine services.

I am pleased to inform you that we are gradually renovating our entire hotel and guest rooms currently in order to serve you better. We certainly believe that you will find a massive change and improvement. Hopefully, we could impress you further during your next visit with us.

Looking forward welcoming You back the soonest.

Kind Regards,

SUGIANTO K.
GENERAL MANAGER
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We took a Wavemaster ferry to Harbour Bay terminal. This hotel is not far from the jetty. It took less than 15 minutes to reach here. Mind you, walking is not recommended. The taxi to this hotel should cost less than 50,000 Rupiah. Since this is my first time in Batam, the taxi driver take a chance on us. He scared us by asking whether we have check in/secure seats for the return trip. Initially, my instinct said 'there you come, another taxi drama in Indonesia'! But he stress its really important to have secure return seat. So yes he made me scared and he made himself waiting us for another 15 minutes just to get the return ticket. Ticketing office at the same compound but different wing. So he demanded another 20,000 Rupiah for the cost of waiting. We end up paying him 70,000 Rupiah.

But 89 Hotel have shown the real Batam's hospitality charms. I really impress with the check-in staffs who are very sweet, efficient, courteous, and helpful. In less than 15 minutes, we manage to get inside our room. This hotel reminisce my excitement during my family stay in Malaysian hotels when i was a kid. Very basic amenities but clean, safe and comfortable. It just a walk distance to nearby shopping mall. If you need to go Nagoya Hill shopping mall, you can get a taxi (touts! just at the left of the hotel) for 30,000 Rupiah one way. Nothing to shout as regard to their breakfast. I've found a similar standard hotel in Yogyakarta with better breakfast spread. But its edible and variety.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Firstly, it has a great location - a 5-minute walk to the nearest clean massage parlours as well as BCS, the shopping mall that houses a movie theatre, supermarket, money changers, departmental store and reasonably good range of restaurants and eateries.

We stayed on the top floor (8th), and the room was big, with an L-shaped sofa and bathtub. However, the entire room is very retro-looking, and looks like it is stuck in the 80s. Oh! Maybe that is why it is called 89 Hotel :) . But that really is no issue because the room is pretty clean and the TV channel selection is decent. Bed was clean, towels were fine. Room service is affordable and very filling and our requests for free ice in a bucket was addressed promptly. Overall, excellent service from the reception to the room service staff to the restuarant. Which brings me to my next point.

The breakfast spread is much better than the other hotels we have stayed in at Batam. We are regular visitors and the fare offered for the breakfast buffet is really above average. The chef manning the live egg station was very humble and nice with our requests, although there was a slight language barrier.

The in-house massage spa on the 3rd floor of the hotel offers good service, with prices comparable to the parlours outside. You can book at your convenience and even request for in-room massages at a slightly higher price. But overall, the prices are reasonable. Saves you the time and effort of walking out to get a massage.

Room Tip: Request for bed type. We asked for deluxed, expecting a double bed but initially had twin sharing. B...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

I been to this hotel for more than 5 years. The management really maintain the standard of the hotel. Walking distance to bcs shopping centre, TOP 100 supermarket. Hotel is best for short sleepover during short trip to batam.
Staff is still very helpful and friendly especially Ms Indah from the reception who always smile even though during peak season. I feel really at home when staying here. Free wifi, not bad for the price I pay for the room. Food spread for breakfast is ok.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Guest,

Cheers from 89 Hotel, Batam !

We have informed Ms Indah regarding your praisal for her and we hope all of our staffs will impress you too and make you feel you are staying in your own home. I am pleased to inform you that Ms Indah has just having her baby and will be back with us again soon to serve you.

We are gradually renovating our entire hotel and guest rooms currently in order to serve you better. We certainly believe that you will find a massive change and improvement. Hopefully, we could impress you further during your next visit with us.

Looking forward welcoming You back the soonest.

Kind Regards,

SUGIANTO K.
GENERAL MANAGER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was the first hotel I stayed at when I went to Batam over 7 to 8 years ago and I have stayed in this hotel every time I go to Batam for short weekend getaway. It is the only hotel I've every stayed.

The room was clean and comfortable, big and spacious, you can possilbly get cheaper rooms in Batam of course but I like the fact that it was near to the major shopping area such as Nagoya. I walk to Nagoya every time I was there. Also, it has an in house massage services on the 3rd floor which was excellent. For about $15 I get a full hour and a half massage. The massaeuse are all very experience. I had a different masseause every time and every time I was happy with my massages. It was convenient after a day out shopping to have a massage in the hotel and then heading back to your hotel to rest. For extra fee, you can even ask to have the massage in your hotel room. The 3rd floor also houses a jacuzzi, gym and salon.

Buffet breakfast is an array of choices. Service was excellent, they had the same service staff since the first time I was there and I always felt welcomed there because I feel the service staff is most helpful to assist you.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to 89 Hotel? Share your experiences!