“Smoking in the Breakfast Restaurant!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss-Belinn Batam

Save Saved
You added Swiss-Belinn Batam to your Saves list
Swiss-Belinn Batam
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Prambanan No.1 Jodoh, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Special Rate
21 Days Advance Purchase
Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Batam
Bangkok, Thailand
“Smoking in the Breakfast Restaurant!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The choice of reasonable/budget price hotels in Nagoya, Batam is limited. This hotel is close to where I needed to be so it was convenient. It's not a great hotel by todays standards. The room was on the 4th floor and at the back of the property, so I had a sea view...although it wasn't post card perfect! They allow smoking in the rooms and restaurant, so insist on a no smoking room if you don't smoke. They also allow smoking in the breakfast restaurant so be careful where you sit if you don't smoke. The breakfast caters for Asian taste, Omelette and toast & Jam again!

There isn't a safety deposit box in the room, you leave your valuables at the front desk.

It's a very basic simple hotel. The front desk staff were fantastic, for an average hotel the front desk staff should be working in a 5 star hotel!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the property on a higher floor with a view of the sea
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Land transport from the hotel was available all the time.
Room was clean, nice and comfortable however it would be better if they gave us more than 1 room card key.
Dinner Buffet wasn't very nice because there was very little variety.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed there for 3D2N with my group of friends. Because it was a free and easy tour, therefore we get to reach the hotel in the morning and we were happy that our room was ready at the point when we reach the hotel. I didn't expect our room to be ready at that point of time (around 1122 Batam time) because i know usually the check in time will be after 12pm.

We were welcomed by a friendly staff of their where he fetch us from the ferry terminal and brought us to the hotel. They were friendly and the hotel is very quiet even it was on a holiday period. The check in process was fast. I went with 3 of my friends, we booked the same type of room which is studio room. We got 2 rooms; same type but the interior of the rooms are different.

My room is not that spacious as my friends'. Both studio room but mine comes with a mini kitchen while my friend's is a room with a mini living area and far more spacious than mine. Nonetheless, we paid the same amount as we both made an upgrade to our rooms from superior room.

The facilities in my room was good, just that my air-conditioning was not cold even i had on it for about 30 mins. We called for the engineering to come down, and they took super long to come and rectify the problem.

Since we bought the voucher from Groupon, we are entitled to a free lunch/dinner during our stay for one day. So, we took the dinner on the first day. We were shocked and dissapointed as the dinner was like in a restaurant whereby they gave us a menu to choose from, but then the menu had only a few choices. We get to choose 1 main course, and 1 soup. Both the dessert and drinks are fixed. Complimentary drink is just a plain water which I think its pathetic because we didn't expect it to be just a plain water. We choose fried rice (was really spicy) and the soup was really salty that I could not even swallow it (my friend had to even add plain water in his soup so that it will taste better). Their breakfast covers us up as it was like a normal buffet breakfast at most hotels. Just that their egg station whereby I ordered an omelette and the staff ask me to have a seat and will deliver it to me. I waited for some time, but it didnt came to me.

Overall, the stay was ok.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Denny J, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Batam, responded to this review, July 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Warm regards from Swiss-Belinn Batam!

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay with us.

We appreciate for the positive reviews regarding the good service of our Front Ofiice staffs. We have shared this good news to the team. However, we do apologize for your inconvenience experience regarding the room. Have deeply briefed to the department concerned to be more attentive to the guest's needs such as be more responsive and informative. We also have forward to the F&B side regarding your dining experience for their immediate improvement. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Will make sure that you have the best experience on your next visit.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enables us to focus our continue improvement efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Swiss-Belinn Batam. Thank you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel gave everything I needed during my short business trip to Batam, some of my special requests that they can’t give they explained it politely with full of smile.
For me privacy is no.1, they gave me corner room with balcony, far from the elevator so I slept well every night.
When I asked for making up the room (because I woke up late), less than 5min all had been done perfectly.
Breakfast is awesome.
My last comment, ‘two thumbs up for this hotel, keep it up!’

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Santoso,

Warm regards from Swiss-Belinn Batam!

We appreciate for the positive reviews regarding your experience while staying with us. Have shared this good news to the staffs and team as motivation. We are glad that you have a pleasant stay and will make sure that you have another best experience on your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

It was a 3d2n weekend stay with my friend and we were really surprised to see the wonderful service the hotel offered. Initially when we arrived at the ferry terminal, we had some trouble looking for the hotel staff for transportation. The location of the hotel was less than 10mins drive away from the shopping malls. It is also very accessible. Upon arrival, we were welcomed by friendly staff. The staff kindly upgraded up to a room with balcony as well upon our request.

The room is indeed fantastic for a 3-star hotel. It was clean and overall very comfortable. Except that the phone in the room was not in used. Therefore, it was hard to call for room service. After settling down, we took some time and toured the hotel and was also impressed by the pool. We could see that the staff cleans the pool every morning without fail.

Breakfast was good. Couldn't ask for more at such an affordable price.

Overall, I would recommend my friends and family for a stay at Swiss Belinn!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Warm regards from Swiss-Belinn Batam!

We appreciate for the positive reviews regarding your experience while staying with us. We have shared this good news to the staffs and team. However, we do apologize for your inconvenience experience regarding the phone, we have take note for immediate improvement. Will make sure that you have the best experience on your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I booked the deluxe room for 2 nights in May 2014 and stayed here with my parents. The split unit aircon seemed to be too small for the room though. As I had booked an extra bed, the sofa bed nearer to the entrance was made into a bed. But the airconditioning could not reach that area of the room. Locations wise, there is a MC’Donalds by 10 min walk away. This hotel was under renovation when I was there. There are some other restaurants along that short stretch of road. But if you walk to the right from the entrance and down the street, there are more things to explore. I would totally recommend Swissbelinn to my family & friends and if I have the chance, I'd stay here again! It's close to perfect. :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Ben,

Warm regards from Swiss-Belinn Batam!

We appreciate for the positive reviews regarding your experience while staying with us. We have shared this good news to the staffs & team. However, we do apologize for your inconvenience experience about the AC, we have take note for immediate improvement. Will make sure that you have the best experience on your next visit.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed in a Deluxe room with my family for 1 night. Very good service from checkin to checkout. A very convenient hotel and the price range was also reasonable compared to some of the other hotels around the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Swiss-Belinn Batam? Share your experiences!