Went to stay in this hotel over the hari raya weekend and booked 4 deluxe rooms after reading the good reviews from this site. We were there with 9 adults and 1 child. The hotel was nice, new, clean, and luxurious. We enjoyed our stay there with the friendly staff, good location and nice jacuzzi. However there are still some things that can be improved.
1. The hotel ran out of extra beds to add to 1 room, we reached there around 4pm, and we had to take 1 extra room for just 1 person. Be there early to get extra beds or arrange with them before you check in.
2. Reception for some of the tv channels were poor with noise, and only flat screen CRT was provided (not LCD). Channel selection was good with over 20 channels.
3. Breakfast tasted good with wide variety, but refills were slow. Some of the foods were gone and not refilled if you go down after 9am. The dirty dishes also won't get cleared until after you're gone.
4. The shortcut walk path to Nagoya Hill shopping mall is gone, with construction going on. So if you take the hotel shuttle car ride there it costs around S$6 for a 1-min ride. Too expensive even for Singapore standards.
5. The hotel charge rate is listed as USD$86 per deluxe room. Booking from their website requires 10% deposit which is USD$8.60 per room. When settling the checkout bill, they will charge either SGD$109 or Rupiah 735750. I got an exchange rate of 6555 rupiah to 1SGD. So paying in SGD is actually cheaper but I paid in rupiah because I changed too much money and wanted to use up everything. So in total it costs USD $8.60+ Rupiah 735750, around SGD$125, which is more than the listed price of USD$86 per day. Advice is to try to settle everything in USD which probably is cheaper going by the exchange rate now.
6. There is no shower head in the bathroom so if you have a small kid it's tougher trying to bath them with the mounted shower rose. The bathtub was big and clean though.
7. Gym was closed for renovation. Pity.
8. We were only given 1 key card per room, we could have done better with 1 more.
Some good points:
Comfortable bed, soft yet firm pillows, 2 large 1.5 litre bottles of free mineral water. All toiletries provided, toothbrush, razor, bath soap, shampoo, bar soap, plus many others. The slippers provided were new and had a thicker base which helps ensure your feet don't get wet when you're in the toilet.
Helpful, honest and friendly staff. My wife left her handbag in the restaurant which they found and returned to us when we tried to look for it. I would go back again to stay in this hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your I Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- i Hotel Batam