“Should have been better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of I Hotel

You added I Hotel to your Saves list
I Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Teuku Umar | Bukit Nagoya, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“Should have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is my 2nd time staying at I hotel. I find that this time round the service not that gd. On the 2nd day of room cleaning, they did not top up the toliet roll even we finished using. No floor mat in the toliet (1st day have). The floor will be wet after you bath so you will need 1 esp you got kids.
We actually request for pick up from the ferry termial to hotel but the pick up did not turn up. When i called them, they ask me to wait for 10min. So we have take a cab to the hotel. So no point request for pick up. On the return trip, we paid 40k at the hotel taxi counter then upon reaching the driver told us we need to pay another 2k for the carpark. They should have told us we will need to pay another 2k at the hotel taxi counter. We feel a bit cheated.
They use to have a shortcut to Nagoya mall but now not anymore cos they seems to have another building coming up.
At this point, there are still a lot of shops still not open at Harbour bay shopping mall. So no point going there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I just return from a 1 night stay at iHotel.

Front desk: Very polite and helpful. Check-in/out was a breeze. English speaking.

Rooms: Clean sheets, TV with a huge selection of channels.

Nearby amenities:
10 min walk from Nagoya Hill shopping centre (hypermart, matahari dept store, a&w, Jco, massage place just opposite the street).
Hotel tranfers was relatively reasonable - mini van for max 10 pax (from batam centre to hotel - 100k ruppiah, approx SGD 15-16), to harbourbay (70k rupiah) one way.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

First, the hotel is just besides Nagoya. This is important to shopaholics! We prob need 1 full day at Nagoya. :) The beds are soft. [I slept for 8 hours] The bathroom has a bathtub. My superior room is big enough for me and my friend. I had a difficult time booking the twin bed superior room as there are only 4 such rooms.

Second, the complimentary breakfast is good! There is cantonese style chicken porridge, fried rice, pasta, fried udon, korean gyoden, bread, toasts, jams, sausages (not the cheapo hotdogs), fruits, orange juice, cakes and coffee and tea. A very varied breakfast for its guests. The restaurant staff check on their food to ensure that food is warm. The waitress serving coffee/tea goes around periodically too.

Thirdly, service is always with a smile. I encountered some problems with my access cards and the counter manager was prompt in her service.

Overall, I enjoy my stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Attentive and polite staff and they are able to converse in English which makes everything else easy and smooth.
Room is spotless clean and spacious with complimentary toiletries and good hairdryer.
Bed and sheets are good but have to say bolster that is placed in the cupboard has to be replace coz yellow stain on the ends. Stayed in Jakarta,Bandung and often Bali,i personally find Batam hotel expensive but having said, its worth staying in this hotel.
Like it as it is modern,really clean.I was fortunate to have stayed in a room next to biz travellers so was spared the noise from noisy guest.Best of all just a stone throw away from Nagoya Hill Centre.
Spa was alright.
Will definately go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Basically, I'm not not fussy person regarding food & lodging. I can say that I'm 99% satisfied with the hotel room and the staffs.
Everyone of them are so polite and courteous towards the guests. The room is clean, spacious (superior room), and have almost all basic needs of our daily stay. Things like shaver & cream, comb, toothbrush & toothpaste, soap, bathing gel, shampoo, shower cap, tea bag, instant coffee powder, sugar, creamer, hot water boiler, hair dryer, wired internet in room, etc.
Location is very near to Nagoya Hill Mall which is within 10mins of walking distance. I did not try the food in hotel by room service but the breakfast is quite good.
The only 1% that I did not added to make it 100% is the sound proofing between your room and your neighbor. It is due to the access door between the 2 rooms. If your neighbor on their TV to a loud volume or having a in-room party, you can hear it quite clear but not so loud to a certain extend which can affect your sleep. (I think... :p)
So, great! The hotel looks classy, staffs well-trained with very good attitude, cosy room. Its a very good hotel to me and most probably I'll choose I Hotel again if I'm to travel to the same location.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

It is a hotel which is located near a shopping complex. The hotel provided shuttle service to the shopping complex during weekends or holiday. Even if need to, the shopping complex is just 10 minutes walking distance. The shopping complex provided all sort of things to buy, and also variety of food.
I Hotel is very clean, with a cosy room. Even though the hotel staff are not as friendly as those found in other Batam's resorts, they are still quite helpful.
The breakfast provided by the hotel has not much variety to choose from. But the other facilities such as jacuzzi and swimming pool is quite good. It is especially the gym, there are so many types of different fitness equipment.
As a hotel which consider a resting place, it certainly a good option. But if you are hoping for other activities in the hotel, it may not be that suitable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Sg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

I was not expecting much when the tour agent recommended I Hotel, as all I wanted was a getaway with my family over Chinese New Year. Having said so, the hotel of choice must be reasonably clean (cos my aunty is particular about cleaniness), near shopping mall (so that they can keep themselves occupied if I go for my golf game), near hospital in case of emergency (cos grandma has health concerns) etc. And I Hotel fits all!!!
We were welcomed with a fruit punch while waiting for our turn to check in. We were disappointed that our rooms are not ready but good thing was the hotel is near Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall. So we left our luggages with the concierge and went for coffee at NHSM (5 mins walk from the backdoor of the hotel, only for hotel guests with key to unlock the gate)
The breakfast spread in the hotel is wide and it varies. The first morning there was the traditional fried 'nian gao' (CNY glutinous rice cake) & the next morning they served the rice cake dipped in shredded coconut.
Steamboat at the Chinese restaurant is reasonably priced and we had our reunion dinner eating to our hearts' content.
For that, we worked out a fair bit at the gym every morning before we hit the restaurant for sumptous breakfast. I love their thread mills as there is an individual tv to each & I tuned in to local channels to catch up on what I was missing in Singapore.
As it was Chinese New Year, the yoga and aerobic classes are not conducted. At other times, hotel guests can join their scheduled classes.
Spa on the same level where the gym is, is worth trying. However, they dont have enough masseurs for a big group. Pre booking is advised.
Sauna followed by a dip in the pool is much refreshing and of course I wouldnt forget to mention my favorite jacuzzi!
Back in the room, I performed my Spa ritual with the coffee scrub & milk bath salt I bought from Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall. It's total indulgence! Ohmmmm!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to I Hotel? Share your experiences!