“my 1st trip to Batam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of I Hotel

You added I Hotel to your Saves list
I Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Teuku Umar | Bukit Nagoya, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Batam
“my 1st trip to Batam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Checked-in fast, checked-out almost instantly. All staffs are very polite from front desk counter, and having breakfast with my girlfriend at restaurant this morning :) A very short walking distance to Nagoya Hill shopping center.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Check in was fast, we booked 1 Deluxe & 1 Superior thru Agoda and was given Deluxe room key when we arrive at 11am. Once we entered the room on 7th floor (#723), there was a very strong mouldy smell and was shocked to see a huge wall about more than 10ft at the balcony which totally blocked the view. So can imagine the room is dark during daytime unless you on the light. We quickly called reception to request change of room and was given #618, which had a pool view without balcony. Room was huge with King size bed and come with one bolster and FREE drinks in the mini fridge which was extra thought. Thumbs up!
Hotel was just 3 mins walk to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall and city area. Also is 10mins away from HarbourBay Ferry Terminal with many food outlets.
Buffet Breakfast is only average, as not much selection. Only the Eggs Cooking section is good.
Room Air-con - woke up by the aircon noise.
Waiting Area- Should not allow smoking in the aircon, either separate the smoking area. We can't sit there as 2 guys were smoking and its so stink.
Reception- All smile and greet guest except one lady staff that don't smile. She looks pretty but too bad she pull a long face for that 2 days when I was there.

Room Tip: High floor and choose Even room nos.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Hotel is just next to Nagoya hill shopping which makes shopping very convenient and they even have a back door to it.

The pool is pretty nice and clean and overlooks the area.

Room is rather spacious but more cleaning can be done. My cousin with her baby had to request for a new kettle as it was rusty inside and water from the previous guest was not poured away.

Breakfast... So so.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing to the road.the back faces a blank deserted field with no view
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Having read many positive reviews on TripAdvisor about this hotel, I went ahead to book it with confidence and the hotel didn't disappoint. Lobby was spacious, modern and elegantly designed. Upon check-in we were offered welcome drinks. All staff were very friendly and spoke good English. Unfortunately despite requesting for a twin room when we made the booking, we were told there were only king beds available. This was fine with me since I was travelling with my mother, but had we been travelling for work, I imagine it would not be a very ideal arrangement. The hotel didn't look busy or crowded so we didn't understand why they couldn't find us a twin room for one night. Nonetheless, we slept well. The room was spacious and clean. There were tea and coffee making facilities and plenty of TV channels (English and Chinese). There was also a bath tub although we could have had a rubber bath mat as getting out of the bath was slippery without one. There is a small pool and spa on Level 3. Both looked very inviting although we did not go in. Location of the hotel is excellent as it is right next to Nagoya Mall (5 minutes' walk) and in the mall you can find lots of shops and restaurants. Don't expect things to be dirt-cheap, but they are generally around two-thirds or half the price you find in Singapore. Buffet breakfast was nothing to shout about. Does the job and that's about it. In terms of price, location, quality, iHotel will be hard to beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a good view.
Sentosa Island, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location. Service was good and breakfast has a great variety. We left some items in the bathroom, they actually bagged it for us after we checked out of the hotel, that was really a nice touch. But my daughter found some rubbish under the bed during our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Arrived at Batam's HarbourBay Ferry Terminal on a Saturday morning.

Taxi counter quoted us IDR55,000 for the ride to I Hotel. When we tried to haggle the price to IDR35,000, they sarcastically suggested for us to walk to the hotel and started laughing at us. We ignored them and walk around, came to another taxi driver who agreed to drive us to I Hotel for 40,000. Yeah I know, the difference is only about a dollar, but we just cannot accept their attitude.

Hotel room - good size for the 2 of us, clean and toilet/shower worked perfectly well. A bolster was provided besides the usual 4 pillows, bed was comfortable.

Surprised that the hotel provided with compliments 3 additional drink items in the fridge on top of the usual coffee and tea plus 2 bottled water. Even though we did not partake the 3 complimentary drink items as we do not like sugary drinks, it is still a very nice touch,

Buffet breakfast - good selection with items such as porridge, noodles, pasta, miso soup, egg and waffle station. Prompt and courteous service in the restaurant and dirty plates were cleared without asking. Even though the restaurant was full, the staff were able to maintain their service standards with a smile.

Location - very convenient as it's only a few minutes walk to Nagoya shopping centre. Night time, we saw a guard along the lighted pathway on the way to the hotel after our dinner at the shopping centre. Ladies will feel safe.

Kudos to the concierge Mr Zulfa and another Chinese Indonesian staff. They were exceptionally helpful and patient with my numerous questions and request. They even helped me to call Prima Ferry to confirm my return trip. Thank you guys for the good work!

This is definitely a hotel that I recommend and will be coming back again when in Batam.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Overall a good quality hotel. A pricier option compared to others on the island but it is relatively new, clean, secure and decent. Breakfast is nothing to write home about, nor the rooms facing the back of the hotel because they overlook a pile of building rubble, but TV channel selection is good as is the standard of room decor and cleanliness.

It's a short walk from Nagoya shopping mall. Always a plus point.

Don't expect over the top luxury and this place will suit you just fine. Staff are friendly, polite and approachable. I'd stay here if I visit Batam again.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to I Hotel? Share your experiences!