“Clean, new, comfortable, good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand I Hotel

You added Grand I Hotel to your Saves list
Grand I Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Teuku Umar | Bukit Nagoya, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia (Formerly I Hotel)   |
Ranked #16 of 86 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“Clean, new, comfortable, good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Having read many positive reviews on TripAdvisor about this hotel, I went ahead to book it with confidence and the hotel didn't disappoint. Lobby was spacious, modern and elegantly designed. Upon check-in we were offered welcome drinks. All staff were very friendly and spoke good English. Unfortunately despite requesting for a twin room when we made the booking, we were told there were only king beds available. This was fine with me since I was travelling with my mother, but had we been travelling for work, I imagine it would not be a very ideal arrangement. The hotel didn't look busy or crowded so we didn't understand why they couldn't find us a twin room for one night. Nonetheless, we slept well. The room was spacious and clean. There were tea and coffee making facilities and plenty of TV channels (English and Chinese). There was also a bath tub although we could have had a rubber bath mat as getting out of the bath was slippery without one. There is a small pool and spa on Level 3. Both looked very inviting although we did not go in. Location of the hotel is excellent as it is right next to Nagoya Mall (5 minutes' walk) and in the mall you can find lots of shops and restaurants. Don't expect things to be dirt-cheap, but they are generally around two-thirds or half the price you find in Singapore. Buffet breakfast was nothing to shout about. Does the job and that's about it. In terms of price, location, quality, iHotel will be hard to beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a good view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Sentosa Island, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location. Service was good and breakfast has a great variety. We left some items in the bathroom, they actually bagged it for us after we checked out of the hotel, that was really a nice touch. But my daughter found some rubbish under the bed during our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank SurTan
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Arrived at Batam's HarbourBay Ferry Terminal on a Saturday morning.

Taxi counter quoted us IDR55,000 for the ride to I Hotel. When we tried to haggle the price to IDR35,000, they sarcastically suggested for us to walk to the hotel and started laughing at us. We ignored them and walk around, came to another taxi driver who agreed to drive us to I Hotel for 40,000. Yeah I know, the difference is only about a dollar, but we just cannot accept their attitude.

Hotel room - good size for the 2 of us, clean and toilet/shower worked perfectly well. A bolster was provided besides the usual 4 pillows, bed was comfortable.

Surprised that the hotel provided with compliments 3 additional drink items in the fridge on top of the usual coffee and tea plus 2 bottled water. Even though we did not partake the 3 complimentary drink items as we do not like sugary drinks, it is still a very nice touch,

Buffet breakfast - good selection with items such as porridge, noodles, pasta, miso soup, egg and waffle station. Prompt and courteous service in the restaurant and dirty plates were cleared without asking. Even though the restaurant was full, the staff were able to maintain their service standards with a smile.

Location - very convenient as it's only a few minutes walk to Nagoya shopping centre. Night time, we saw a guard along the lighted pathway on the way to the hotel after our dinner at the shopping centre. Ladies will feel safe.

Kudos to the concierge Mr Zulfa and another Chinese Indonesian staff. They were exceptionally helpful and patient with my numerous questions and request. They even helped me to call Prima Ferry to confirm my return trip. Thank you guys for the good work!

This is definitely a hotel that I recommend and will be coming back again when in Batam.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank StarDipper
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Overall a good quality hotel. A pricier option compared to others on the island but it is relatively new, clean, secure and decent. Breakfast is nothing to write home about, nor the rooms facing the back of the hotel because they overlook a pile of building rubble, but TV channel selection is good as is the standard of room decor and cleanliness.

It's a short walk from Nagoya shopping mall. Always a plus point.

Don't expect over the top luxury and this place will suit you just fine. Staff are friendly, polite and approachable. I'd stay here if I visit Batam again.

• Stayed September 2013
Bay Area, Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The good: Location is perfect for food, shopping, & entertainment. Amenities like the spa, workout room, and breakfast are great - really top-notch. Room was clean, shower worked well, & the bed was comfortable. Front desk personnel were very capable. The breakfast fruit drinks were mixed to perfection. You want the best guava, pineapple, & orange juice? iHotel!

The so-so: I was on the 6th floor & could hear the karaoke room from evening until early morning. Smoking at breakfast in the restaurant was quite unpleasant if that sort of thing bothers you. The staff, while very helpful and capable were just not at the same level of friendliness as the BCC hotel. This is not a slant against the staff, just a note at how above & beyond the staff goes at the BCC. Free pool table at the 1st floor bar is cool, but the prostitutes hanging around are just enough to dampen the mood. These ladies should keep to the 2nd floor karaoke.

The bad: Nothing bad at the iHotel. Ask for a room with an even number to get a nice view, otherwise enjoy looking at a parking garage at the Nagoya Mall!

Room Tip: Rooms 618, 620, & 622 are the best.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at iHotel for 2 nights. Pillows and beds are very comforty. The rooms are big and clean with plenty of sunlight during the day. You can partially open one panel of the windows, allowing some fresh air into the room. Nice clean toilets with long bathtubs. The hotel has a small outdoor pool with sauna and jacuzzi on the 3rd floor. It takes only a few minutes walk via a walkway from the hotel to Nagoya Hill Mall. Plenty to eat and shop at the Mall. Indothai Spa and Spa Secret are also within walking distance from the hotel. Security is good as all arriving guests are made to walk through a scanner, just like those in the airports. This hotel is located in a central location with car ride of about 10mins to Harbour Bay and 15mins to Batam Centre. Would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Stay here because of the location, only take 3 minute walk to nagoya hill shopping centre. Room only ready at 2pm but is ok for us even we arrive early, shopping and food always available at shopping centre. Room given at 7th floor with nice view ( swimming pool and in front of building view ) room is spacious. Very nice TV selection ( from local Channel to Singapore TV programme , HBO, sports channel, australia network , AXN, Chinese movie programme) is a plus points. Room come with king size bed and bathtub in toilet. Room is simple but clean. Toilet with amenities and we even request extra shampoo n bath foam and not rejected by housekeeping team. Breakfast provided with good selection of food.environment is nice at coffee house , large table for 4 of us.food selection from bakeries, rice, potato to egg, cornflakes, miso soup, fruit and juices. Nice and full breakfast . Only commented about check out time, they only allow us stay up to 1pm, even we willing to give up 1 room early but they never consider let us stay even till 2pm, they must need back the room at 1pm, even 1 hour and very precious for us but they not allow to stay 1 hour more and that day is weekday Monday. Very not considerate overall is good choices for us stay in this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family