“My umpteeth times staying at I hotel Batam...still enjoyable and love it!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of I Hotel

Save Saved
You added I Hotel to your Saves list
Expedia.com Travelocity
I Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Teuku Umar | Bukit Nagoya, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 64 hotels in Batam
Singapore
“My umpteeth times staying at I hotel Batam...still enjoyable and love it!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Tis time round after soo many attempts I was damn lucky! Finally I got my wish granted. I got an adjoining rooms wif my sister. I was thankful to the friendly staff who tried her best to get the connecting room after I feedback that I requested not once but soo many times. It's just like one happy family bonding in the rooms wif King beds extra pillow and a bolster in each room to pamper your night respite; after one whole day shopping next door - Nagoya Hill Shopping mall. Breakfast was smorgasbord palatable to suits one tastebuds; replete wif rice, spaghetti, porridge, noodles, bread, croissant, assorted cakes n fruits for desserts. I promised myself I"ll be back for more - truly deeply satisfy and gratify my short n sweet vacation.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the main road above the swimming pool on higher floors
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

To say the truth, this hotel wasn't my first choice. We were looking at Harris resort and Holiday Inn but unfortunately these two hotels were all fully booked. We had no other choices left. However, I hotel was a pleasant surprise and we would definitely stay here again.

I Hotel is situated besides the largest shopping mall in Batam, Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall. It is a 5-minute walk away from the hotel.
Easily accessible to Batam Terminal, less than 15 minutes drive away.
Swimming pool and heated jacuzzi at Level 3 were opened until 10pm every night.
It is clean and big.
The trip started off with the land transfer from Batam Terminal to i Hotel. The mini bus stopped at multiple hotels (Harris, Holiday Inn and many more) before reaching i Hotel. It is a waste of our time as it took almost an hour to reach i Hotel from Batam Terminal although it is less than 15 minutes away.
Read more about batam at http://nainaigrandma.blogspot.sg/2013/01/batam-it-is-so-boring-where-got-things.html

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Totally enjoyed my stay at iHotel. Why?

- Friendly staffs, attentive to my requests
- Free Mini bar food in room, with Free top-up daily
- Big and comfy room, with a King size bed
- Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi and gym!
- 1 Minute walk to Nagoya Hills Shopping center
- Good hotel security at back door, and Lifts
- Big toilet, with bathtubs
- Lots of toilet amenities
- Big cupboards and lots of electrical outlets

Room Tip: Upgrade to deluxe room for an extended room , which makes it bigger.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Positive value:

1. Near to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall with a lot of restaurant nearby
2. Near to Harbor Bay Ferry Terminal
3. Clean and comfortable room

Negative value:

1. Service is sucks especially front desk. We request for connecting room since 3 months ago as we have 2 small kids and upon check-in, they said connection room is not available. But in fact, there are a lot of connecting room available.

Unless, you pay with public rate then you can get it but buying voucher will make you be treated as beggar. After additional top-up, we can get a room with connecting door.

The excuse given is because the room is booked by regular customer (although they have not check-in yet).

2. Breakfast in hotel restaurant is big sucks. Non-smoking table is very limited and people are happily smoking in air-conditioned room. Food finished before 10 am and at 9.00 am they said no more replenishment for food. Glass/cups not always available and foods variety is pathetic.

3. Smokey lobby, corridor and restaurant. This is a heaven for smoker. You can smoke everywhere in the hotel even in air-conditioned room.

4. Room rate is not cheap for "4 star hotel" with such quality of service. No other facilities like other 4 star hotels.

Unless you stay only for sleep and bath, you may need to consider another hotel to enjoy your trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

A pretty new and reasonably priced hotel which is next to Nagoya mall. I can easily have my meals, wash hair at hair salon, do manicure & pedicure at shops at Nagoya mall. The hotel also provide free shuttle bus to various shopping mall. There is a nice swimming pool in the hotel too. Room & bathroom are spacious and very clean. Breakfast is ok, nothing special but nothing to complain about. Spa is pretty nice with comtemporary look. But massage is not cheap. You can find cheaper massage in Nagoya malls. Their massages also not very good, I end up with several bruises on my body and legs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel location is very good, near to nagoya hill mall, lots of eating places.
The room is quiet big, neat, clean and tidy.
The bathroom also quiet big with a bathtub.
Free wifi in the room, just need to get the password from the receptionist.
Hotel location also near Harbour Bay ferry terminal about 5 minutes by taxi.
Staff is friendly & helpful.
Will definitely stay here again if I visit Batam.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Positives
1. Location (this is the best). There is a path way it leads to the nagoya mall just 5 min walk from hotel. Very safe.
2. The service of the staffs
3. The room was nice, neat and comfortable

Negatives
1. The Spa ( The most terrible spa I have ever been too). We took a couple aromatherapy for 90 mins. One who did for me was ok. But the other one took 3 or 4 five min breaks and was talking the whole time. I would suggest don't try it coz it is expensive but not worthy at all.

2. Expensive. The rate of the room is much expensive. I have stayed in five star hotels much cheaper than this hotel.

3. The Breakfast: The items in breakfast is very limited. There is a egg and waffle stall and we had to wait for 30 mins to get a waffle coz both stalls has been maintained by a single person.

Others
1. There is a one jacuzzi and a very small pool. You cant swim you can imagine is a big tub for 10 people. But thankfully there was not much people there for swimming.

2. The gym was nicely packed but it was not big lot of equipments was packed in a small room.

Bottom line
If you have money and you need a prime location book this hotel. But lower your expectations of this hotel for the money you paid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to I Hotel? Share your experiences!