“Nice suite rooms with good service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of I Hotel

Save Saved
You added I Hotel to your Saves list
I Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Teuku Umar | Bukit Nagoya, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 69 hotels in Batam
“Nice suite rooms with good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011 via mobile

I hotel is one of de hotels we like to stay when we are at Batam. We like to compare de services n rooms improvements each time we have a short getaway. Location wise, its much told from other bloggers.

This time we chose de suite room. Its is spacious and clean. Living room is seperated from its bedroom. Has 2 toilets also. So its convienient if you have guests visiting you.

Breakfast settings are up to expectation and staffs at outlets are satisfactory in service wise.

Reception staffs are friendly and efficient. Especially one staff who is good in upselling us. Haha! So i guess now, u know de reason we took a suite this time. We will definitely come back again.

• Stayed December 2011

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

This is a popular business hotel downtown Nagoya (the main town in Batam Island) which over the weekend gets crowded with tourists - mainly from Singapore - flocking into town for shopping and eating. We were two of those tourists and spent a Saturday night at the Hotel.

The hotel falls a little short on its ambition of international 4-star hotel but in the whole is decent and convenient. Add that other hotels around don't look any better, actually worse, therefore my conclusion is this is just the standard of the island for the time being.

As consistently noted, location is a big plus, a block away from Nagoya Mall, the hottest hangout place in the Island at time of writing, and few more minutes away from downtown area and the jetty. Easy to get to/leave from as well as easy to get around.

My room was ok, in order and clean, it is just that it looked cheap. Internet connection via cable but no wireless is getting out of date these days that almost all electronic has switched to wireless.

Service was friendly and through the concierge you can get metered taxis avoiding the hassle of having to negotiate the silly rates you are quoted if you look a foreigner. Breakfast was messy due to the crowd, honestly a little disappointing. The vocal-pianist duo in the lounge at second floor is good.

All in all, this hotel is below its grade by international standard but new, decent, clean and convenient: +1 point in rating since honestly this is the best-looking of the hotels I have seen getting around.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

My family of five stayed at this hotel not once but thrice. Even I recommended my cousins n her family to overnight at I hotel for their weekend getaway. Location conveniently next to Nagoya Hill shopping mall. Our itinerary after check-in we went for sumptious nasi padang lunch. Next we spent our shopping spree at BCS and Kepri mall before nightfall we headed back to Nagoya Hills to dine n shop till we drop. Satisfied yet tired than we walked back to hotel via a newly built path leading to the hotel. No more walking out to the main road dangerously walking against the traffic flow especially at night with dimly lit streets light. The welcome drink was so refreshing after that 45 minutes ferry ride and long Q at the immigration. Not forgetting local guide transfer us one by one (hotel guests) to few different hotel locations before finally we settled in. After check-out at noon, we still can walk over after 10am to do our last minute shopping at the mall right next door. Breakfast at the hotel with a variety of food good enough to last until lunchtime. I luv the big double bed and the room very spacious. Only disappoinment for the third time I requested a connecting room for my family of five so far we never get. Even though my request was not met but I will still come back to I hotel and keep trying.....

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms facing the pool but higher floors nice view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011 via mobile

This is the second time staying in i Hotel. Hotel is located just 5 minutes walking distance to Nagoya Hill shopping area.
There is a back door which leads to Nagoya Hill shopping area. Staff are friendly and they provide good and fast service in bringing in extra towels, bed etc.
What I like most is the cleanliness of the rooms and bathroom.
Overall, a good hotel at a good location.

• Stayed November 2011
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Recently stay here for business as a long term guest and loved the atmosphere and customer service from the friendly stay. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone staying for business or for a short holiday with family.
To start with, you are greeted with a welcome drink upon arrival and within minutes you are wisked to your room with complimentary mini-bar. I stayed in a superior room which for one person was by far spacious enough. The decor was modern contemporary and airconditioning was clean and without the usual damp smell that most other hotels have. The gym equiped with the latest exercise machines and has a regular crowd on weekdays. The weekends are quiet though and the heated spa is great treat after a workout. The hotel restaurant, Cinnamon Cafe was good but unfortunately not the finest dining in Batam. However, ihotel is a short walk (2min) to Nagoya Hill shopping centre and gives you unlimited choice for restaurants, cafes and specialty stores. A couple of my favs were J-Co (cafe), Citra Pempek (Indonesian Cusine) and Matahari's (department store). I found the hotel relatively uncrowded at most times, meaning you could enjoy the facilities and not be hassled by other guests. I throughly recommend the cocktail party that occurs once a month for long term guests. The staff at the hotel really make you feel welcome and by the end of my stay got to know some of the staff by name. I would like to highly praise Ferdi, Eva, and Joko for their great service during my stay.

Room Tip: Long term guests are invited to the monthly cocktail party. I recommend attending.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We booked 2 rooms and requested for connecting rooms. Hotel check-in was fast and staffs were polite. Drinks were served upon check-in.
The hotel location was great! I hotel is only a short 5mins walk from Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall.
Room is clean and spacious. The air-con in one of the room was not working and the technician came right after we had called the service desk.
We asked the receptionist to assist us to call our tour guide to inquire about our returns ferry. The receptionist was friendly and polite.
Overall, it had been a pleasant stay. Service was awesome.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

We booked 3 Deluxe rooms via their website(www.ihotelbatam.com) for 2 nights on 23-25 Oct 2011. As requested by us (6 adults and 2 young kids), they gave us the rooms next to each other.

On top of the reviews and suggestions given by all Tripadvisors, we would like to add the followings:-
(1) A deposit is required during check-in. It can be paid by cash or credit card.
(2) Their Deluxe Rooms do not have twin or separate beds. They come with a King-sized bed.(3) Non-smoking rooms are available on 6 and 7 floors only.
(4) There is a shortcut at the back of Hotel. It is a newly-constructed concrete pavement. Just a 3-min walk from here to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall.
(5) No complimentary hotel transfer. 10-min Drive from Batam Centre Ferry Terminal to the hotel.
(6) No Handheld Shower for showering young children.

We had a pleasant stay and this Hotel is recommended if you like shopping at Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool view. Ask hotel staff to show you the shortcut to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to I Hotel? Share your experiences!