Bought a deal online offering massage. Stayed there on 7 November. Took the ferry and had to wait for the transfer for a long time. We thought of taking a cab. Then the van arrived. 1hr long journey..
Reached the resort, nice fountain.. but the whole outlook was run down..
The reception guy was pleasant. But spoke in bahasa Indonesia when we were there. Thinking we did not understand. But we did. The room was not ready at all and the only place was super far.
We were planning to go for massage and leave in The same day. The receptionist then said that we could have our breakfast that day. So kind of him. He then assisted to book a return ferry that day.
We then made The massage booking that morning at The reception. All went well until we were at the spa.. sort of..
We extended our 1hr massage to 1 1/2hrs. The masseuse said it was additional $22 per person. We needed The massage so we went for it.
There was a tub there but did not use. One masseuse was so rude.. kept talking and gossiping in bahasa. We could understand. She was talking about me. About my body. I had to shout at her to shut up. So rude. We go there to relax and there she was talking non stop.
She then stopped talking and continued massaging. But it was no good. Useless. Very bad experience. Will never go back ever.
We had The whole afternoon free. So we watched up in the room.. surprisingly it was aircon and the room was not bad. We then went shopping at a town abt 20mins away. Spent 2hrs and headed back to the Resort. The whole area is old. There' were even tadpole eggs along the edge of The swimming pool. Spider webs along The staircase..
Not a place to relax. The area looked like there' was a group having sessions. Like team building. I guess its just a place for like camping.
- Also Known As:
- Sijori Resort Batam Hotel Batam
- Sijori Resort Batam Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sijori Resort Batam is south of Singapore and just 40 mins ferry ride from Harbour Front Ferry Terminal. It has 30 guestrooms, a spa sanctuary, 24-bay golf driving range, swimming pool, fishing pond, restaurant, function rooms, karaoke room and archery built on approximately 4.5 hectares of land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Fastbooking so you can book your Sijori Resort Batam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.