“Affordable And Charming Boutique Spa” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% off Full Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 69 hotels in Batam
Petaluma, CA
“Affordable And Charming Boutique Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

On a recent trip to Singapore ,a business friend recommended me to visit, what he called his affordable "Wellness Spa" in Batam, for a couple of days of relaxation and golf. He had recently discovered the Tempat Senang Spa Resort, in his words a Charming Boutique Spa of "Bintan Class" but at a "Batam Price"! That sounded like what I just needed before returning to the States. A phone call to make a reservation, and the following morning I was on my way on a ferry boat to the Sekupang Ferry Terminal in Batam.There I was picked up by a very friendly and talkative driver from Tempat Senang. After having checked in at the Spa, I walked over to the neighbouring Golf Club. The course looked beautiful, but the day was hot and humid so I only spent time on the driving range and was looking forward to some hours of great massage at the Spa instead. A few hours later I had the best massage session of my life. First a Cinnamon Body Scrub. This one was new for me, but it was so great so I had another one the following morning. After the Scrub I had a Hot Stone Massage, also great, and a Traditional massage. My masseuse was from Bali, great smile, pretty, petite but with arms and hands of steel ...Wow! I must admit, it did hurt, but in a good way! Not only was my masseuse from Bali, but I was also staying in the new Bali room. Beautiful room, very comfortable and wiht a real touch of Bali. Bali is one of my favorite places in the world so I could easily appreciate the Bali feeling! There was also a jacuzzi attached to the room! One more plus! I loved everything about the spa, including a great spacious veranda overlooking the golf course, a beautiful pool and lush gardens. The new restaurant was very good, with an international/Asian menu, including my favorite Indonesian dish, the Beef Rendang, absolutely excellent. The homemade Mango Ice Cream was another winner! The staff as wellas the management was very friendly, pleasant and attentive and really eager to be of service and make your stay a great one. I felt like part of a family, and so did the other guests I talked to. I will definetely be back in the future!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

I and my sister had a day trip to Batam. While we were still struggle we took Batam Beach View or Tempant Senang, we found this website with so many positive comments about Tempant Senang and finally, we got there!

This was my first time to have spa. I felt so excited and a bit nervous about it. Tempant offered me a very great and valuable spa experience. The spa room is clean and tidy. The toilet is quite old-fashioned though, but I like the shower room which makes me feel going back to nature!

I had a 3-hr spa, including 30-minute body scrub (cinnamon), 1.5-hr body massage (traditional Indonesian style) and 1-hr facial treatment (clay). The clay facial treatment was very detailed. The techinque of my massager is good but she doesn't know much English. My sister took a aroma massage but it didn't really smell fragarant. She enjoyed it, though!

The staff picked us at the pier is very nice and helpful. He showed us different room types and introduced me the fish massage. He even let me try on it! Frankly, the rooms are not as big as I expected but are decored well with different themes.

happietrooper
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

Spa? Check. Beautiful surroundings? Check. Gorgeous suite? Check. Great holiday? Check.

Tempat Senang is a fab find for a less-than-idyllic location like Batam. I found Tempat Senang after a lot of research online. Banyan Tree and Angsana in Bintan were way too expensive and Tempat Senang looked like a steal in comparison. I took my boyfriend there for a birthday getaway and he loved it!

The 3-hour massage was a wonderfully rejuvenating experience. We looked out at the golf course adjoining the resort while our city-sore muscles were worked on by masseuses, whose fingers are very adroit at hitting those pressure points!

We stayed in the Thai room. It cost $40 more but it was worth it for the private fish spa (where fish nibble away the dead skin on your feet, leaving your feet smooth and soft like a baby's) and spacious bathroom.

The hotel owner Jasmine was efficient and accomodating. When we asked to have lunch on a verandah overlooking a fish pond, she got her staff to set up the verandah immediately. Her recommendations for a cheap and good seafood dinner in Batam town were spot-on too.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

After reading the bad experiences from the fellow Singaporean on this resort, i feel i have to say something as my wife and I had stayed in this resort that very same day. We owe the owner Jasmine that much for our having a good weekend getaway.

First off, wanting to experience closeness to nature without being near to the accompanying reptiles and insects is just not being realistic. They are part and parcel of going "back to nature". If you have a phobia of them, then don't go to such resorts. If i might say so, Tempat Senang is comparable to Banyan Tree in many aspects. If you think the insects and frogs were bad, then there are really a lot of wonderful resorts out there you should stay away from as things are far worse there. By the way my wife have a bad phobia of insects. If she can survive and still get to love Tempat Senang, most people should also.

On the part about the spa, i can only say it was fantastic! Where in the world would you be able to get such good spa treatments for 3 whole hours at the kind of price we paid?! Unbelievable! My wife and I loved the spa so much that we are thinking of doing another trip soon!

Nonetheless, it should be noted that for people who had not gone to a spa before, there is always a risk your skin will be sensitive to certain types of treatments. Its the same for allergy to certain medicine. I just got to know about a year back i was allergic to a type of medicine called "Zannat". I did not know i was allergic to any till that fateful day my whole body was covered with rash after taking it. Did i went back to my doctor asking for compensation and apology? No. I guess it would not be wise to do so as it was my own responsibility to know in the first place.

Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

My wife & I wanted to experience something new for a short weekend holiday & decided to go to Tempat Senang in Batam. The Hotel room we were staying in was the new Bali room which opened on 1 May 2009. The room was nice and had an attached jacuzzi. The surroundings were rustic & had a calming feel. However, there were a few quirks in the room such as the presence of frogs during the night time & some insects in the jacuzzi due to the rain in the morning

The most horrendous part of my trip was definitely the full body spa session. My wife had selected a 3hr Spa package for me which was my first ever spa session. I had selected the Aroma massage, Cinnamon Body Scrub & the thermal herbal compress. After the session, I developed a slight rash on my arms that spread to the whole body by nightfall.

In the morning, I informed the hotel owner & was brought to the nearby hospital where the doctor confirmed that I was having an allergic reaction from a heat compress that was topically applied to my skin. Despite of this explanation which was also provided to the service staff of the hotel who had accompanied me to the hospital, I received no apologies from the hotel owner or fee reduction for the spa. This was really poor service!

I would not recommend this experience to anyone

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

I am officially a fan of this gem tucked away in Batam. 6 of us had decided to getaway from Singapore for a bit and we chanced upon Tempat Senang. We weren't too sure what to expect but the experience was definitely what we were looking for. Jasmine and Homer were such incredible people; they were like hosts and it was like we were living in their house, hanging out with their parrot, monkey and dog, eating from their kitchen! The food was delicious and we wiped out their kitchen of homemade mango ice cream and possibly, the sambal chilli.

What I appreciated the most was Jasmine's willingness to accomodate all our schedules (we had came up and left at different times) and to make sure we were well taken care off at all times. Their thoughtfulness, such as leaving bottles of nice-scened insect repellant spray at strategic locations in the villas, were such lovely gestures. We are also greatly thankful to the staff, chefs and spa therapists for making the entire experience such a special and smooth one.

The spa warrants a whole new paragraph :) We had 2 three-hour sessions over two days and did a variety of treatments from the scrub (cinammon!!), massage (traditional indonesian + aromatherapy), the herbal treatment, and facial (almost everything they put on us smelled so delicious!). We had our treatments on the deck overlooking the lush green landscape and birds chirping in the background. We didn't want to leave when the three hours were up.

In between the spas, or hanging out by the pool, we would either walk down to the driving range (which was a lot of fun - $2.00 for 50 balls), lounge in our room watching DVDs, or headout to Nagoya Hill. Tempat Senang is perfect if you really want a getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. It is exciting to see them building up a new room while we were there. As much as I would love to keep this place a secret, I think it is only right that we share this gem with others so that many other city-dwellers will be able to find this place and enjoy it.

I will be back!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

I went there with 5 other girlfriends for our long awaited R&R weekend and we were doing so much research before the trip to ensure a memorable time. I'm so glad we stayed at Tempat Senang as it lived up to its expectations and was truly a gem.

The rooms were well equipped, clean and very comfortable. Service was excellent and the food was amazing, especially the homemade mango ice-cream was mindblowing. We also love the sambal chilli and even bought a few jars home ourselves. Even though food in the hotel cost a little higher than eating at most of the local joints, it was worth every penny. The owners and staff were extremely accomodating and went the distance to cater to our needs.

The poolside was really nice for laying down for some sunshine and it most definitely felt private and comfortable. Very ideal for a lazy afternoon refreshing in the water. The environment was exactly like the pictures on the website, very lush and tropical balinese feel.

The spa was really good and relatively inexpensive. Lots of value in their packages which was definitely well worth the money. It is a most ideal location for a retreat as the area is secluded and private. If you're thinking of a party till dawn kind of holiday, this is not for you. Otherwise, if you love a peaceful and laid back holiday with your loved ones, this is THE place to go to.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant? Share your experiences!