“can't wait to come back!” 5 of 5 stars

Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant
Patam Lestari | Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 71 Hotels in Batam
Saint Louis
“can't wait to come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

We stayed in the "Bali" room for three wonderful nights as part of our honeymoon. Our honeymoon was planned around this fabulous resort as we were attending a wedding that took place here! That's right, for our honeymoon we attended our friends' wedding at the Tempat Senang!

The food was amazing, the spa was top-shelf, the owners made us feel very welcomed, and the staff were very attentive and friendly.

All in all, we traveled in Indonesia for 30 days during our honeymoon. The accommodations at Tempat Senang were the most memorable of our entire trip and we can't wait to return!

• Liked — clean and cool rooms with a friendly staff
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

When my husband and I took the short ferry ride across the Straits from Singapore to Batam we immediately felt a sense of relief from the hustle-bustle of this busy city. The driver, with a smile as wide as the Mississippi, drove us to the Tempat Senang spa, situated next to the Indah Puri golf course. Nestled in a lush tropical garden on a hill exposed to the ocean breeze and surrounded by ponds, brooks and waterfalls, you instantly feel cool and relaxed.
Cool is not just the atmosphere but also the spa menu, which offers just about every treatment you can think of. Aside from the massages and warps, my favourite was the Turkish fish spa which I had never experienced (the nibble fish clean your feet more gently than any pedicurist), and my husband went for the hot stones. Before we retired for the night to our spacious room furnished in genuine Thai décor, we were offered a sumptuous grill feast. The grill, actually a complete outdoor kitchen, would be the envy of every Texan, but the seafood delicacies that come from this culinary marvel are not easily duplicated. Jasmine, the Spa owner, must have some first-class fish and fruit suppliers on Batam Island. The selection of white wines is somewhat limited but in this part of the world wine does not play the role it does in my native Spain.
If you visit Singapore and cannot go ward to Bali, I recommend that you spend a couple of days at the Tempat Senang Spa. You will feel as if you had been in Bali, and for relaxation and entertainment it sure beats pounding the pavements of Orchard Road. Cool, absolutely cool. A must visit on your Singapore itinerary.
U. La Rosa, Spain

• Liked — Decor
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

I just returned from a very relaxing stay at Tempat Senang and want to share this luxurious accomodation with everyone.

They have different styled rooms - Chinese, Indian, Indonesian and the Thai Room. It is definately worth paying a little more for the Thai Room as it is VERY VERY spacious!!! My toilet was almost as big as my room. The room was cosy and I even had a private 'fish spa' pool. Trust me, the fish in the spa were hungry creatures and they leap at the chance to clean up my feet thoroughly!! Not for the ticklish though..

The place was very private and it seemed very back to nature. The owner, Jasmine was very friendly and attentive to details. She was also very willing to help arrange for transportation to and from Tempat Senang.

Do note that they have a really cute monkey, chatty bird and a super friendly dog named Bart! He's such a darling despite being a huge Rottweiler.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and the spa experience with them. I am currently 8 months pregnant and every effort was made to ensure that I was comfortable.

Thank you once again Jasmine and the lovely staff at Tempat Senang for making my stay so lovely!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

We spent three nights including Christmas at Tempat Senang, and it was everything we were looking for and more. After living in Singapore for a year we had no idea that a place similar to what you would find in Bali was only a ferry ride away. Jasmine and Hook took care of our daily schedule which included excellent treatments at the on-site spa. Tempat Senang is located adjacent to the golf course, and although we were unable to fit it in our agenda for this trip, we will definitely return to take advantage of the golf along with the spa treatments. We stayed in the Thai room with the private fish spa that we took advantage of each day prior to ending the night in a very comfortable bed. After our trip, my wife has requested that we purchase a new bed so that she may sleep as well as she did at Tempat Senang. It is highly recommended over all the quick weekend getaways from Singapore, and we are very much looking forward to our return.

• Liked — on-site spa and hosts
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2008

I was planning for a romantic getaway with my fren whom i wanted to celebrate her birthday with a surprise SPa experience..
And without anymore annual leave to play about, i could only settle for somewhere near Singapore..

Boy, was i surprise that such a beautiful resort could be in Batam..The guy, who picked us up from the airport, Mr Bustami, was helpful and friendly and he made us felt right at home..

I booked 2 nights in Thai Deluxe Suite, which has an in room Turkish Fish spa. Really ticklish but it was cool..the fishes were much much bigger in size than the ones here in singapore and they really cleaned my feet good..hahaha..man the skin felt kinda smooth afterwards..

Though it's not a very big commercial resort, the place was sufficiently equipped with the facilities of a city-hotel. The pool was pretty, the bathrooms airy and spacious. The massages were totally relaxing and the special mask and scrub they used are so totally sweet..

I made lotsa requests such as wanting a private dining area, a cake, some local delights and much more..But the staffs were great, they made sure my requests were fulfiled and they made extra efforts to ensure we felt satisfied!

My dear friend loved it..we took lotsa pictures back to show our friends what lovely place there is just an hour away from singapore.

If i had to go for a regular weekend retreat, i'd go right back to Tempat Senang

By the way, there's a really cute dog and a real smart parrot to amuse you..

• Liked — The people there, the food and the massage
  • Disliked — the mosquitoes..at times
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

For our first visit to Asia, we stayed at Tempat Senang on the recommendation of a friend. After a quick ferry ride from Singapore, we were warmly welcomed by a gracious driver in Batam. The resort is built on a slope, with charming stone stairways and arched doorways leading from one building to the next. The gardens are lush and meticulously maintained. There are several guest houses, each with unique furnishings providing the greatest comfort of diverse Asian cultures. We were delighted with the owner's collection of paintings, stone sculptures and wood carvings. Each room has a wealth of handmade arts and crafts. Ask her about her Buddha collection!

All the beds and linens are new and exquisitely comfortable. We stayed in the newly renovated Balinese suite, which had beautiful native paintings and vibrant textiles. Each suite has an outdoor shower, which we loved. Most have private outdoor gardens.

There is a refreshing swimming pool at the top of the property. Water gently flowing from there to numerous ornamental pools creates a soothing background rhythm. The resourceful owner circulates water throughout the property among these pools for a "swamp cooler" effect which adds to the overall comfort. The pools offer private niches with different visual and seating options. Even when the resort is fully booked, you can find a unique and beatiful spot to read, meditate, or visit.

The view from the verandah at the main house is absolutely stunning. It overlooks the only golf course on Batam, then follows waving palms to the sea. Sunsets were gorgeous, particularly while enjoying fresh ginger tea and savory snacks prepared by the talented chef. The resident talking parrot is quite a character!

My husband is a golfer and was thrilled that the owner has negotiated guest privileges at the only course on the island. He just walked over to the clubhouse. The owner was truly hospitable, and arranged several outings for us to sample the local culture. The most memorable was lunch at the end of the "Seven Bridges" road. We ate at a dock with the family of the fisherman, who netted our entrees from a pen in the sea.

For me, the spa provided the greatest treat. The staff is highly skilled in many massage therapies. They attend to the smallest details of your comfort. The spa treatment areas are pristinely clean. We started with cinnamon sugar body scrubs in an open air tent poolside. The heat really got my blood circulating, and the smell was wonderful! Next, we moved to the Cave of Pleasure (my name for it). This is a room carved out of the rock at the base of the property. It is gorgeously cool inside, and lit softly through stained glass windows. Low music completes the soothing environment.

Most of the spa products are made on site by the owner with fresh local botanical ingredients. I long for her rosemary toner and avocado hair rinse. Her peppermint lotion has transformed my husband's severely dry, pitted heels, which are now soft as a baby's bottom. Two days after my facial, someone I just met told me how radiant my skin was!

Next, we moved to a verandah overlooking the golf course where I was introduced to Thai massage and foot reflexology. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! The spa staff are totally focused on you, making this one of the best massage experiences of many years' sampling. I felt supple and relaxed for days.

We also had our feet smoothed by fish nibbling away at the dead skin. It tingled and felt like nothing I'd ever experienced before, but it was mighty effective!

We had such an extraordinary experience that we plan to return in six months. We've sent several of our friends there. Don't miss this phenomenal resort!

• Liked — Something to stimulate all the senses
  • Disliked — I had to leave!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant? Share your experiences!