“wonderful place to relax and do nothing at all” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Sunday Day Spa Special
Ranked #1 of 64 hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“wonderful place to relax and do nothing at all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This place is turly beautiful, exclusive, private and peaceful.

Service is greate, staff well trained and able to speak good engligh.

Food is nice just the government tax and service charge is high so end up may be bit expensive.

From their spa menu I can choose 3 out of 9

1. Office message, it's relaxing and alright, just felt that the spa bed is bit small

2. Body Scrubs - Yellow Lulur Body Scrub brightening

Their body scrub product is seriously good, you will amaze by the results and the skin is so fair like paper and smooth like silk.

3. Hot Herbal Compresses Treatments form of heat massage(pic) - Shiok!!!!! similar like hot stone but this is more action,wish the person don't stop.

I bought coconut & coffee body scrubs, it's really worth it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I had a weekend getaway here, 3 nights, and it was amazing. Got the fast ferry from Singapore and were collected at the terminal, its a 10 minute drive to the resort.

We booked in for 3 hour treatments each day so a total of 9 hours each !! It might sound like a lot but it was not enough, everything was amazing. I think we covered most treatments on offer and one was as good as the next. The staff were very friendly and professional. We will defiantly go back at some point. Next time I would bring some alcohol with us, you can get beer and wine but not much of a selection, we could have gone shopping but really didn't want to leave this place.

We stayed in the Borneo room and it was amazing. We got to check out some of the other rooms too, if they are empty you can go and take a peek. To be honest they were all of a very high standard.

Lastly I would recommend trying the beer can chicken one evening for dinner, it was so tasty and quite amusing looking. I have since cooked it myself with some good results.

Overall an amazing place to get away and just pamper yourself for a few days, battery's were fully recharged on the ferry back to Singapore.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed for a night at Timor suite. The room is awesome with nice fragrance. However the pillow was too soft for our liking. The toiletries can be improve as I understand they also carry their housebrand of soap, scrub, lotion. They should provide or promote it for their guest for sampling i should say. I bought some and I love it! the toiletries is way from basic.
The spa was good. I did balinese message, facial and hair spa.The hair spa was awesome. The food was ok but the desert need to be improve. Service is awesome.
For spending a night pampering ourselves i should say its good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just 50minutes ride via Batam Fast from Singapore Harbourfront and complimentary private shuttle 10minutes to the resort.

Love the Haiwaiian Lomi Lomi, Balinese Massage and Reflexology. Skip the body scrubs.
Affordable at approximately S$150 per person for 3 hour session where you have to spend the same amount at St Gregory.

Indulged in Indonesian Skewers and Sticky Caramel Date Pudding with Ice-cream, had 2 servings of the cake and it was so delicious that my mom (who does not have a sweet tooth) joined in the fun.

Planning to visit there again in near future with friends and buy Chempaka oils in bulk.

Must buys at Tempat Senang: Chempaka oil fragrance (approximately S$12 per bottle)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Went for a 2D1N stay on 11th January 2014. Me and my friends were late for the land transfer by more than 1 hour and in the end took a cab to the resort from Sekupang Ferry Terminal. Eventually i've found out Martha actually called and voicemail me about our whereabouts when we were late and to contact them back (this made me happy, nice gesture)

Upon arriving at the resort, we were welcomed by smiles from the staff and also Jax. She was really friendly and helpful. Explained to us in detail about the how things work in the resort, our room, enquiries and the spa.

Another staff Yuna/Yuni (i cant really recall) was also warm and sincere in showing our room, the Thai Room.

THAI Room: Very clean, comfy queen and king beds, huge bathroom and bathtub and the room smells very nice. Fish spa was awesome, me and my friends were giggling and laughing away trying it. Could smoke in our balcony (fish spa, table with chairs, ash tray) as it was our private balcony and its outdoors, so everything was good except for the mosquitos.

Ambience: Peaceful and relaxing

Room Service: Need to call them to topup our hot water for the drinks, but it was done very fast. Lots of tea bags and coffee were given as well.

Spa: Very good, staff were professional. Choosed foot reflexology, aromatherapy massage and hot herbal compress massage :)

Cons: We didnt order anything from the restaurant as its too expensive. However, we bought our food beforehand and the staffs were kind to help us heat up the food and let us eat in their restaurant. Breakfast spread was so-so.

Plus Point: Could use the two pools 24hours

Overall me and my friends think its worth it if you have extra money to splurge and pamper yourselves once in a while.

• Stayed January 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed here for a one night weekend getaway and overall it was a thoroughly enjoyable stay. The experience left us feeling we were more likely in somewhere like bali rather than batam.
Pickup from the ferry terminal from Singapore was included along with transfer for when we left.
From the moment we arrived to when we left, the entire process from checking in/out, luggage, getting to rooms, transport to the city etc... was handled excellently with impeccable service the entire time.
Rooms were beautiful and really set the tone for a nice romantic getaway. Breakfast was great with a wide selection of Western and local and provided a nice change from the traditional hotel buffets.
We really enjoyed our stay and certainly would return.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Tempat Senang is a great place for couples to unwind and have a good time out together. The rooms are super awesome. I stayed in the Sultan Room and the room is so spacious, with a jacuzzi in it. Of course, this comes with a very expensive price tag. The room price, meal and spa are in SGD rate. The resort is about 45 mins taxi ride to Nagoya shopping mall so if you are looking at shopping, then make that as your last day itinerary. The swimming pool is however full of leaves dropping as the area is surrounded by trees.

Spa - While my partner had a good massage, I was quite upset that my masseuse kept excusing herself to wash hands so I didn't quite enjoy the massage service. But I really love the zen outlook, the aromatherapy smell of the room and the hair spa.

Overall, I love the experience and I would love to come again if I extra $$$. Greatly recommended for anyone who wants tranquility and peace

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant? Share your experiences!