“Awesome weekend getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 66 hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Awesome weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had an all girls weekend Spa getaway at Tempat Senang from 12-13th oct. 6 of us had booked the sea breeze apartment, we had a wonderful time. From the time we were picked up to the time we left. The staff were all great, service was awesome. The spa was totally enjoyable.. all 6 of us had chosen different massages and treatments, my masseuse Rose was very attentive and sensitive during the massage. We were then ushered to a separate dining room and as we had already ordered the food before hand the food was served promptly, although we had last minute orders being so hungry after the spa treatments, although it was close to closing time, they still entertained our new orders and brought in the order promptly. As the apartment is away from the resort itself, we were picked up in a car or mini van to and fro whenever needed. And the driver fren assigned was so patient when we were late and since it was already dark by the time we reached our apartment, and we had to climb up to the top floor, he must have guessed our apprehensiveness of the darkness and being the only ones around at the area at that time, i noticed he waited till we were all outside the apartment before he left and we were so touched at the thoughtful gesture. Buffet breakfast was superb! We were sad that the weekend went by so fast. And once we reached the Sekupang ferry terminal we realised one of gals had left her handphone in the car! We quickly went to the Batam Fast ferry office to make a call to the resort. They had called someone and in few minutes, our driver friend came back with the phone! we are all so relieved and no words to thank him.. All in all a superb experience!! If you want a personalised service with no crowd to fight with, Tempat Senang is the place to go.. Compared to hotels where you are just one of the hundred guests here i felt special and homey. I only regret we were not able to check out one of the themed rooms since our grp was a big one... I am definitely going back, to book one of the themed rooms this time! :)

454 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We booked a "weekend package" to escape Singapore for a birthday celebration. We had luxurious room and very nice pool view at Borneo suite. Super relaxed and rejuvenated with our 3 hour spa treatments such as aromatherapy massage, lavender\citrus salt body scrub and amazing milk bath experience. Truly deserves the excellent reviews because of their professional spa service, friendly staff and luxury suites. Looking forward for another stay and crossing our fingers for winning 1 night spa package in their raffle promo :-)

Room Tip: Borneo Room have excellent pool view and near to the restaurant. Ask for assistance when A/C remote...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had 3 travelling pax with me, 2 30+ year old, 1 60 year old and me - a 20++ year old. We stayed in the Harem Room and honestly, I wish nobody reads my review.

The website for Tempat Senang is really HORRIBLE. Tempang Senang, you LIED to me. That is because your website doesn't do justice to what compares in real life and I'm at a crossroad right now because a part of me says, "Please don't bother with reviews and see it to believe" and a HUGE part of me is yelling to me,"DON'T DO IT" because i really want Tempat Senang to be my own little dirty secret.

We were picked up by a Land Transport and within 10 mins, it was a magic carpet ride to a whole new world. (Pun intended to the whole "Aladdin" themed room). At the very second our land transport reaches Tempat Senang, we were greeted by their staffs and brought to the lobby. Once we stepped in, the staff explained on the spa menu and blablabla..Honestly i wasn't paying much attention as i was really captivated on how i totally feel like i was not in Batam but i really felt that i was in Bali instead. We were served a shot of Cold Lemongrass Drink and after selecting the Spa "services" that we preferred, we were served with the Nasi Campur. I really shouldn't mention about the food served because I would really not want to crave for it anytime..now.

Our room wasn't ready as we had arrived 2 hours before Check In time. When we checked into the room, we were all just speechless. Harem is highly recommended for an all girls night out, or rather night in. We even had a whole balcony and swimming pool to ourselves. Harem is a room in a villa which consists of other 4 themed rooms, China, Timor, Borneo and Madura. There's even a soundproof Cinema room. Smoking is not allowed in rooms, which I find very reasonable too. Tempat Senang was even considerate enough to provide mosquito repellent and mosquito spray for the comfort of their guests. All the tiny details are appreciated girls! Esp the bolster in the room. The whole feel made us all feel right at home and honestly we wished that we didn't have to leave the room. We had a "California King Bed" all to ourselves! No fighting on who gets more pillows for this room at all! Like i mentioned earlier, reviews and picture doesn't do justice, at all.

After dolling up in our provided Batik Kimonos,at 1pm, we were escorted to the Spa. A friend and I had the Office Massage while another friend and her mom had the Lomi Lomi Massage. So we had separate rooms. I can't speak for the rest but mine was definitely perfect! The masseuse was attentive and i really felt totally relaxed. I was quite skeptical when the Spa Menu mentioned that I will feel "energetic" and I was so proven wrong! I had mentioned that I had dislocated my shoulders and she was more gentle on that area. Do inform masseuse on your "weak spots" and I am pretty sure that you will have an experience as perfect as mine. Next was the best ear candling i had ever done! It helped my sinus and migraine i was having earlier and she even "popped" my ears for me. Lastly, I had done a Tumeric Lulur. When she 1st started massaging she had put a cold herbal eye mask and then during scrubbing she placed a warm herbal eyemask. Again this tiny detail was a huge gesture as it helped me calmed my nerves and relaxed me. I was so won over, i even got myself 5 eye mask from the Spa Shop.
After all 4 of us are done with our sessions, we were warmly greeted by all their staffs and we all felt like a million bucks (or maybe more due to the inflation)!

We then hired a taxi to take us to Wey Wey Seafood for 3hrs. Now i wished i had tried their pizzas instead :(. However we had a good breakfast for champions and i truly recommend their Nasi Goreng. Upon checkout, we went crazy at their Spa Shop. I had to force myself to stop!

The distance to Tempat Senang from Skupang is around 10 mins. From Tempat Senang to Wey Wey Seafood is around 15 - 20 mins and from Tempat Senang to Batam Megamall is around 20 - 25 mins. The distance is not as agonizingly long like i had assumed it to be. Communication is key so i recommend that you have a clear plan to the staff and i'm confident that you will be treated like royalty.

Now i would like to ask Tempat Senang to cure me. Cure my friends and I from this addiction to Tempat Senang. We would love to return soon and I hope not many people will read this because really, everyone should just stop reading this and just experience it yourself.

One thing i would like to complain and whine about? (Because there will be skeptics like the pre Tempat Senang me) I wish i had known everyone by name then that would make me feel more like home. So next time if i return, i know i would only be going home.

Room Tip: Do have a clear communication with Tempat Senang on your ideal getaway and you will not regret it!
Mainz, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My girl friend and I spent a few days at the Tempat Senang Resort situated only 40 minutes from Singapore but in an entirely different world. In this hotel, perfectly integrated in the lush landscape full of small ponds, brooks and waterfalls you quickly gain distance from the hectic of everyday life. The rooms, tastefully decorated in different ethnic and cultural themes are in sharp contrast to to what you find in an everyday tourist hotel.

The spa treatments were performed by true professionals who at all times ensured that we get the maximum benefit through total relaxation. We were actually so relaxed that we dozed off during the massage.

An entire novel experience was the ability to watch and participate in the soap and cosmetics production. Once you know what really goes into the products, you enjoy using them even more. Fortunately you can also buy them at the Spa shop next to the reception and their usage at home now gives me a lingering memory of the great time I enjoyed.

Also the food was superb, for example the Balinese herbal fish grilled in banana leafs, the sumptuous soups, the tender chicken and the assortment of fresh fruits.

I was looking for Paradise ... and ... Eurka! I found it, like Archimedes in the bath!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Yokohama, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We traveled to this resort for a week-end getaway. The Formula 1 Race was going on in Singapore and we wanted to escape the madness. We stayed in the Borneo room which was delightful. My only complaint at all is the room is quite dark. We loved our 3 hour spa treatments. The Foot Reflexology was amazing, as was the Balinese massage! (It was the best massage I have ever had.) Everyone was warm and friendly and the staff went out of their way to help make our stay pleasant. The first night we were there we had an issue with our aircon. During the night it shut off and I couldn't get it to come back on. I called the desk at 1:30am and they immediately came to the door and got it working again. We also did the candlelight dinner for four on Saturday night (we were there with another couple) and enjoyed it immensely. I would definitely come back!

Room Tip: When we left on Sunday other guests had already checked out and their rooms were cleaned and left op...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Awesome place to getaway from work / from SG. it is composed of 9 authentic rooms with a special theme. mine was the Royal Madura suite overseeing the golf court with old style furniture.
the travel experience to get there is quite smooth, the food and service was really nice. at night nothing to do apart from resting from your day of spa and you can get DVD at the reception to watch in your room - careful of the language, it's not funny to watch a movie in Russian when u r not russian
I wanted to put excellent but 2 complaints:
I do think price are a little too high for Indonesia (and you still have to pay for the ferry fees on top of that) even though if you consider the 3 hours spa package, it is still worth it (around 650 SGD for one night, 2 pers, with 3 hours spa included and dinner included as well)
and 2nd thing is when we arrive in the morning they said to us: there is an issue with the electricity and you might not have aircon today during your 3 hours spa treatment. if you want we can reimburse and cancel your booking. I was speechless because you cant say that when guests are already arrived in the hotel. this is somethg you need to know before coming. I couldn't cancel this time because my time with my friend was limited so we still went ahead and stayed there for the week-end which we didn't regret at all because it was lovely. we realized in the end that the issue was that the aircon in the spa area was actually broken... no issue related to unexpected electricity outage

Room Tip: FYI: each room as its specificity : either a rainin shower, or a balcony or a integrated Jacuzzi etc...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The resort was beyond our expectations. The surroundings was serene and peaceful, with trees, ponds and lots of koi swimming around. We stayed in the Thai room which had a huge bathroom and a bathtub that was equivalent to a mini pool! only thing was that the tub took a long time to fill and drain. We also had our very own fish spa in our balcony which we can enjoy any time of the day.The staff were all so friendly and they had an efficient system in place for arrangements of spa treatment and taking pre-orders of food so that we were served within minutes of reaching the resort restaurant. Their beer can chicken is a must try! Fantastic place :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant? Share your experiences!