Tempat Senang is only about 20 miles from Singapore but Galaxies apart in terms of ambience. The grounds are so lushly landscaped you feel like you are in a small paradise. Each room is decorated in a different ethnic theme. We chose the Madura Room which offers a great view and much privacy.
This is not a hotel with an outsourced spa, but a spa which is an integral part of the hotel and restaurant. All spa products are produced in-house from the finest ingredients available. We actually were able to participate in the making of soaps and creams which they also offer as a take-home souvenir in the spa shop. My favorite treatment were the Balinese massage and the foot massage, both of which you can have mild, medium or strong. You will be stunned by the power the petite spa girls have in their fingers and arms. I also liked the Boreh wrap which gives you a warm glow and make you smell like a spice cookie; so don’t be surprised if someone nibbles on you (alas, it washes off quickly).
All food on the menu is cooked freshly, no microwaved frozen or leftover stuff. The disadvantage, if you want to call it that, is that you have to order your feed well ahead of time to get some of their finest dishes. Their signature Beer Can Chicken, a must, takes almost 2 hours to prepare. Two persons are hard pushed to finish off a bird the size they offer. Another one of my favorites was the Balinese fish cooked on the grill in a banana leaf. The spice combination they use is superb, it was unmatched by any similar dish I ever had. If you feel like having something lighter for lunch, try the Soto Medan, a soup that is a meal in itself.
Nothing in this world is ever perfect. The weather was unfavorable but since Tempat Senang is not responsible for this and Trip Advisor does not offer a separate column, there is no need to rate it. Actually I enjoyed the sound of the rain drops hitting the roof tiles while I was being worked over in the spa.
Will I visit again? No doubt, if my life pace permits. If you are looking for the ultimate in romance, pampering and luxury where you can relax and unwind, this is definitely the place. It is not located across from a shopping mall, but if you are addicted to that experience, this is no problem: Taxis are quite cheap when they are organized by the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tempat Senang is Batam's hidden oasis. Discover the lush gardens, Balinese architecture and romantic setting that makes it the perfect couples getaway. Full service spa and restaurant on site. Quality at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant Hotel Batam
- Tempat Senang Resort Spa And Restaurant
- Tempat Senang Luxury Hotel
- Tempat Senang Luxury Resort