“Tranquility at it's best!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Sunday Day Spa Special
Ranked #1 of 64 hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Tranquility at it's best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Now where do I start with this.....If a private cozy setting away from the hustle of bustle of the city is what you seek, this is a place to be. Tucked away in remote corner is this beautiful property which used to be a private villa.

We were picked up from the Sekupang ferry terminal and whisked away to the resort in 7 minutes. Once there, we were greeted by Martha on the spa package, restaurant menu and amenities.

We were then taken to our room which was ready by the time we arrived. We had picked the Sultan suite and it certainly lived up to the expectation. The bed was soft with lots of pillows and cushions, there was an in-built jacuzzi, television with DVD player, lounge area and the bathroom was nice and clean featuring a rain shower.

The massage was generally good and the service was excellent. They have their own brand of their own essential oils to choose from. For the spa package, you can pick from any 3 offerings/services which takes 3 hours for completion. They can be anything from body massage, facial, pedicure, body scrub, ear candling etc.

By the time we were done and headed back to the room, the staff had decorated the room with flower arrangements on the bed. We had also ordered a cake and sparking wine which were already place in the lounge area.

The restaurant is basically a small dining area with a small kitchen. However, the menu was certainly adequate and ideal for a any couple with a range of Indonesian and western cuisines to choose from. The waiting time was fairly short and the service was adequate.

Overall, although the price is on the high end for a stay in Batam, it can be justified for the level of privacy it offers, cleanliness, service and the beautifully themed rooms.

I'd certainly recommend this property for any couple who wished to simply indulge and experience something different from the usual Batam island stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

The resort staffs are friendly and can speak good english. No worries for language barrier. The food from the restaurant is delicious. What can i say about the room. It is simply amazing. We are allow to view the rooms that are available before selecting one for our stay. Even though its a bit costly, it is worth every penny spent. A must go place if you intend to have a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I took my mother on a mid week on day spa getaway to Tempat Senang. Service was great, the place is beautiful, very clean and very good quality for money. We were treated great and all the staff was very friendly.
Will definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I booked the Japanese suite for a 3D2N stay and were awed by the amazing hospitality extended to us. The staff greeted us warmly when we arrived and went all out to ensure that we have a comfortable and happy stay. Food at the restaurant was delicious, spa was great and room was clean and comfortable. There's a pool table and a swimming pool. Despite there being a couple of blackouts during our stay, the staff kept us well informed regarding the status and we were happy about that. After going to Batam a couple of times and feeling ripped off (because of either lousy food, lousy massage or an old/tired out room) after each stay, we are glad to have found a resort that we are happy with. If service standards are maintained at this level, we will definitely go back frequently. Good job, Tempat Senang!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Room themes are innovative and unique... The resort is about 30mins drive away from Batam City... The beer butt chicken meal for 2 is nice... Spa is ok... Basically, the package is not cheap... U get what u pay for... Nothing much to rave about except the rooms...

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

It’s been a week since my family and I came home from a 3D/2N stay at Tempat Senang and memories of the place still brings a big smile to our faces. Everything good that fellow travellers have said on this site is true and so, I will not repeat. We were welcomed by a cheerful Mr Bustami who walked us through the resort's facilities and choice of spa treatments. We also met beautiful and patient Martha whom I liaised with during the reservation. The resort is truly 'one of a kind'. Almost every spot is picture pretty and my husband, a photography buff, took a couple of hundred photos during our short stay! Many of those with me in them are even more beautiful but I would prefer to keep them private. All the rooms are unique and lovely but we liked our Thai room and Bali room , the most. The staff are friendly and very considerate too. The restaurant has a lovely ambience overlooking the neighbouring Indah Puri golf course and it served delicious food. My sister had to leave very early on the last day but they still prepared breakfast for her before sending her to the ferry terminal. We certainly hope to visit again soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I came to Tempat Senang last week with my wife. I am running a business in Singapore and my mobile keeps ringing every minute. Life was stressful. I was so happy that I came to a place where nature takes its course to relax,rewind and revive me. Soothing music, mind relaxing aromatherapy made me enter into relaxed state here instantly.
Staff here are really super super good in their customer relationship and it is really like 1 to 1 pampering.

The things i enjoyed most are :

The spa treatments were superb. Masseuse was professional, attentive and made me nearly sleep - This is how much she made me relax.

Milk bath was memorable for my wife and I as it was in a jacuzzi tub in tree house kinda environment located in a garden filled with koi and greenery isolated in 1 area.

We informed the staff that we wanted additional aromatherapy oils for the night and when I went out for dinner and came back, without reminding all was settled.

I was hungry in the night and the staff took his effort to help me go and buy MAGGEE Mee for me.He was so helpful.

I want to go to this place again in August. A must place to visit. Dun Miss....Maybe want to try SULTAN Room.....

Room Tip: All the suites are superb and unique on the own. Go and try all the rooms..