“Place i wanna stay...” 4 of 5 stars

Patam Lestari, Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Batam
“Place i wanna stay...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Being in batam for a day trip, my friend takes me to this the reachable heaven in Batam but unfortunately i have to go back within the day so we just pampered the spas and no places can compete with this great place.. i'll be back to this place and stay for 2/3 day on this lovely resort and wish there a great promo on next month *MyWish :D

Room Tip: Great Spa Experience
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Indonesian first
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed over for 3days/2 nites 2 week ago.

Whilst the whole complex is secluded, done up nicely.....adjust your expectations (if you have done spas at other overseas resorts regularly).

We had the Indonesian room. Here are the pros and some issues that the management can look into

Pros

Spa package + services are above average
Food was good and kitchen flexible in accomodating us - non-meat eaters
Eco-friendly - lots of water features running across the rooms
Bottled water easily accessible outside the main hall

Cons
Parts of the complex are undergoing renovations - lots of rubbles and unfinished portions (next to the coffee house)

Mosquitoes - normally I do not attract them but I was bitten twice within 15 mins in the evening. i am paranoid about mosquitoes as I had dengue previously. Another attack can be fatal.

TV - whilst the hotel do not want "unnecessary noise" - there are almost nothing on in the room's tv channels.

Suggest extend the cable network to the room. Yes - you do have lots of DVDs..... but the US Masters golf 'live" was on 2 weeks ago and that channel in the coffee house was useless

Indonesian Room - the balcony and the bed faces East. If you are a light sleeper and hates light beaming into your room - find another room as the room is flooded with sunlight in the morning (the curtain does not have a blackout)

The hall lightning shines thru the room's door top glass panel - further adding lots of lighting into the room at night - making the room too bright - as we sleep with lights turned off.

The pool is small.

Golf course view ? Almost non-existent as trees blocked most of the view from the coffee house.

Lastly and most importantly - if you have any medical problem with your arms or legs - that cannot be bent or twisted - tell the management BEFORE you proceed with the spa. Some of the masseurs do not understand english.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have been in Spas before but no comparison to this great place. The whole atmosphere is very tranquil and peaceful, especially since it is located on a beautiful spot on the Island away from all the stress of the city-area.Just the right place to relax and enjoy a stress free day. The staff are super nice and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. I was very happy about the service and can honestly say it really looks and feels as beautiful as advertised on their website. Since I always go to a spa to feel rejuvenated and cleansed I was thrilled to find out that they offer their own hand made soap and other products made entirely from natural ingredients without any chemicals. I bought quite a few for my family and they really liked it. I had an amazing time, from the pick up/drop off, to the friendly staff and the great service offered. The only regrettable thing is that it passed by to quickly however I have already made arrangements to come back.

Room Tip: Really like the Japanese Suit.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Booked this for my girlfriend's birthday. Living in Singapore this was very easy and just a short ferry ride away; so much less hassle than flying anywhere. Beautiful surroundings, friendly staff, great food, large range of spa treatments, comfy bed and all very reasonably priced - we'll be back!

Room Tip: The rooms are smaller than they appear in the photographs, but this was not a problem. Very well app...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Lovely little spa! We took a quick ferry from Singapore, and there was a driver arranged to pick us up to drive us the short distance to spa.
Quiet, serene and pleasant spa, great lunch and everyone was very friendly.
I would recommend this over & over!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stay in resorts and hotels about 20+ times a year and have never written a review , however on this occasion I feel I must due to the exceptional rooms / suites /facility and staff .
On arrival my wife and I were collected from the ferry terminal on time and with a friendly smile.
On arrival at the resort we were taken straight to our room and then given a tour of the resort and allowed to see the other suites. We immediately changed to a joglo bungalow which like the other suites was incredibly decorated in a traditional authentic style.
We stayed in this suite for 4 nights until we changed to the timor bungalow as it will soon be relocated to a new room and wont be available in its current form.
To the staff and owner this was no issue at all just like every request we have had it has been dealt with in a personal and friendly way.
The owner also showed us the 4 new rooms that will be available in june and they are all themed and dressed in traditional way and to a very high standard.
I cannot sing praise highly enough of the owner and staff who would easily shame any top 5 star hotel they are very accomodating and personable and seem genuinely happy when helping you.

Suffice to say that we enjoyed every day we stayed and as a result have booked another week here in august. Its really that good.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend and I booked a night away at Tempat Senang over the Easter weekend based on another friend's recommendation. As promised, this resort is a gem. We stayed in the Bali room, which entranced me from the moment I stepped inside. The room has lots of small decorative touches and features that give it character, unlike the usual stock standard decor of most resorts and hotels. This sense of character and pesonal touch was carried throughout every part of the resort, which together with the personalized and friendly service made it a truly welcoming space. Although only 45 mins by ferry from Singapore, I felt like I was a world away the whole time I was at the resort. Surrounded by lush greenery and with plenty of outdoor spaces including the open air restaurant, it's truly relaxing. I had the reflexology, body scrub and hot stone massage and it was easy to tell that the therapists were all well trained and technically versed, unlike some of the therapists I've had in Singapore. Highly recommended for a weekend getaway.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Tempat Senang Resort? Share your experiences!