“Amazing place amazing rooms and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
20% off a Full Day Spa!
Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“Amazing place amazing rooms and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I stay in resorts and hotels about 20+ times a year and have never written a review , however on this occasion I feel I must due to the exceptional rooms / suites /facility and staff .
On arrival my wife and I were collected from the ferry terminal on time and with a friendly smile.
On arrival at the resort we were taken straight to our room and then given a tour of the resort and allowed to see the other suites. We immediately changed to a joglo bungalow which like the other suites was incredibly decorated in a traditional authentic style.
We stayed in this suite for 4 nights until we changed to the timor bungalow as it will soon be relocated to a new room and wont be available in its current form.
To the staff and owner this was no issue at all just like every request we have had it has been dealt with in a personal and friendly way.
The owner also showed us the 4 new rooms that will be available in june and they are all themed and dressed in traditional way and to a very high standard.
I cannot sing praise highly enough of the owner and staff who would easily shame any top 5 star hotel they are very accomodating and personable and seem genuinely happy when helping you.

Suffice to say that we enjoyed every day we stayed and as a result have booked another week here in august. Its really that good.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend and I booked a night away at Tempat Senang over the Easter weekend based on another friend's recommendation. As promised, this resort is a gem. We stayed in the Bali room, which entranced me from the moment I stepped inside. The room has lots of small decorative touches and features that give it character, unlike the usual stock standard decor of most resorts and hotels. This sense of character and pesonal touch was carried throughout every part of the resort, which together with the personalized and friendly service made it a truly welcoming space. Although only 45 mins by ferry from Singapore, I felt like I was a world away the whole time I was at the resort. Surrounded by lush greenery and with plenty of outdoor spaces including the open air restaurant, it's truly relaxing. I had the reflexology, body scrub and hot stone massage and it was easy to tell that the therapists were all well trained and technically versed, unlike some of the therapists I've had in Singapore. Highly recommended for a weekend getaway.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My partner and I dropped by for a day spa at Tempat Senang and we were blown away by the skills of our therapists! It was certainly a trip well worth all the travelling and we will definitely be back for more! Don't forget to stock up on their scrubs and hair masks! Truly value for money!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My girlfriends and I booked a 3D2N stay with Tempat Senang over the Easter weekend. Booking with them is such a breeze and Martha was really accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. The 4 of us booked the Joglo room which was really lovely, clean & comfortable. There were two big beds, a sofa set and TV which plenty of movie options from their library.

As part of the package, we had 3h spa set up on the second day. We did the hair spa, balinese massage & lulur body scrub, which were all based on their recommendations after they gathered information and determined what our needs were. Suffice to say, we were really satisfied and each of us left the spa wanting more.

Tempat senang is pretty secluded but the hotel arranged to call cabs for us and it was SGD20 for a 3h return trip.Additional costs incurred if you choose to extend. The cab driver we had was also superb. He arranged to order our kek lapis and even collected it on our behalf PLUS he gave excellent recommendations for massage and shopping.

Overall, a really clean, comfortable & relaxing break that we all thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks Martha & everyone at Tempat Senang!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was looking for a spa getaway for Good Friday and stumbled on trip advisor's reviews on this place. I echo the same sentiments as most patrons.
This place is a hidden gem and if I had it my way, no one would know about it as I'd like it to be my little secret. But on second thought, all good things must be shared!

I spoke bahasa but even if you didn't, most of the staff know enough english to tend to your needs. The full day spa was bliss at its best. they were accomodating when I requested to swap the indonesia massage with a hair treatment for my mum who said that the lomi lomi was more than enough massage treatment for the day. The spa menu is one of the most comprehensive I have ever seen - even by Singapore's standards!

lunch was delicious and the portions were generous. All in all, a fabulous one-day retreat for mummy and me, and I'm most certainly coming back in the near future.

• Stayed April 2012
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 15th anniversary at Tempat Senang; we chose Sultan Room and the room was lovely decorated. It was great to have a jacuzzi bathtub inside the room but too bad the water was not hot enough. The 3 hours spa was great and relaxing! The food was not cheap but it's delicious. I would like to thank Martha and her crews provided us with the friendly and warmth service during our stay. We will definitely come back for the spa!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My gf and I would sincerely like to thank the crew at Tempat Senang for their wonderful reception and help. Initially, we were disappointed to find out that our original room had been taken up due to an unfortunate system error. We were fuming as it was meant to be a birthday surprise. However, the moment Jasmine and Martha realized the problem, we were ushered promptly into their reception area where they sincerely apologized and explained the situation. They also provided us with alternatives that we were more than happy to discuss from. In the end, we chose to postpone the stay as our favorite rooms were not available, and they were more than happy to help us book a room at another resort. We also had a chance to look around the place and it was nothing short of impressive. They also had a great driver who had to fetch us to another location on the other side of the island at last min notice. Their uniquely themed rooms and amazing service are probably what sets this resort a cut above the rest. I heard their spa and food there is really good too. It is pricier than average but definitely value for money. We are looking forward to the staycation come May!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant? Share your experiences!