“Great Experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

20% off Full Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 68 hotels in Batam
“Great Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was having a hard time looking for a nice resort for a weekend getaway in Batam with my boyfriend as most of the resorts I searched for have mixed reviews. That did not give me enough assurance that I would definitely have a relaxing and enjoyable time. Then, my boyfriend found Tempat Senang.

We were enticed by the pictures of the rooms and also found the package to be reasonably priced since it included a 3 hours spa treatment.

We were received by the well-mannered and friendly driver of the resort at the ferry terminal, who spoke fluent English. This was already a good start to our holiday.

When we arrived at the resort, there were already staff waiting at the entrance receiving us with warm smiles and led us to our check-in host. Again, we were greeted by a gentleman with all smiles and warm welcome. He gave us a detailed introduction on the resort and provided us with useful suggestions and ran through the list of services and facilities provided by the resort to us.

The resort is of modest size with only 9 rooms, each individually themed. But in their case, size doesn't matter. They are excellent in the way they run their resort. And one of the beauty of the resort is its small scale operation. As there are only 9 rooms, the resort is not crowded like some of the other resorts I had been to. It totally fit my idea of a quiet and relaxing getaway. All was tranquil and peaceful.

When we entered our room, we were again in for a really pleasant surprise. The picture we saw on the website was true to the real thing. We actually paid a bit more to upgrade to a premier room but it was absolute worth it as it was so spacious and it came with a jacuzzi! Room was clean and comfortable. All was well-kept. Do note that all rooms in the resort are non-smoking.

They do not have a gym there but they have two small swimming pools. We were lucky to have chosen a room which was near to one of the pools. It was just a few steps away from our room. As the resort was not crowded, there weren't many people using the pools and at times, there might not be anyone else at all and we could have the whole pool by ourselves.

The spa was just as good as everything else. The therapists were friendly and attentive. They were also very professional and well-trained. I enjoyed every minute of it. For people who enjoy spa and do not plan to stay overnight, they do have half day and full day spa package. This is a good place to go for spa lovers as given the price and the quality of the spa, it is really a good bargain. I am planning to go for their full day spa some time soon as I enjoyed it so much!

Time to talk about food.
Our package included breakfast so we had to pay for other meals.
At first, I felt that the price was on the high side as I was expecting it to be cheaper than Singapore. But as soon as my boyfriend and I had our first bite into the pizza, we were totally impressed by the quality of it and the generosity of the ingredients! It might sound like I am exaggerating but that was really how good it was. It was totally worth the price and we enjoyed every meal there. Service at the cafe was fantastic! Staff were attentive and polite. We felt so at ease.

All in all, we had a wonderful time there and will definitely return again for a relaxing getaway.
If you are looking a for a quiet resort with warm and friendly staff, great food, fantastic spa and comfortable rooms, Tempat Senang is definitely the place to go.

Oh ya, remember to check out their all natural ingredients and no preservatives spa products at the front office. Great products with reasonable pricing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

462 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I only went to the Spa for the day but what a lovely day out. Martha is so helpful (even helps book your ferry from Singapore). The hotel sends a driver to the ferry terminal to collect you & then you are taken to the hotel. The hotel is set in a lovely tropical garden where the buildings seem part of the jungle. The spa staff were great & I had a really relaxing time followed by a scrumptious lunch with amazing freshly squeezed juice all for an incredibly low price. I'll definitely be going back as there is a golf course next door which my husband could play on while I'm at the spa. I highly recomend it for a ladies day out!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Happiness begins with a smile. After a rather uneventful ferry ride from Singapore to Batam, an approving grin crept out on my face as I was greeted by name by the driver from Tempat Senang. Upon arrival at the resort, with a little devilish smirk and raised eye brows, I leaned over and whispered to my wife," This is nice!' We were immediately made to feel welcomed by the friendly managerial staff of Martha, Bustami and Yuni with their ever present smiles. Jasmine, the owner, sat down with us and explained all of the various spa treatments available. She made suggestions to us that turned out to be exactly what we were needing and wanting. We never felt rushed or ill informed as to what we were to expect throughout this entire orientation. Of course, Jasmine's infectious smile added to the pleasant exchange. We were then taken on a tour of the resort while the spa girls made the necessary preparations for our spa treatment selections. To say this resort is beautiful is an understatement. Come looking for peace and serenity and you will find peace and serenity……in abundance. You will also find a place where fantasies can come true. Each room is decorated in a different theme. Each themed room is as desirable as the one you just previously toured. The rooms are too difficult for me to describe here and do them justice. You owe it to yourself to go on You Tube, "Touring Tempat Senang," and see for yourself.
Anyway, after the tour it was time for our spa session. Only one word can describe it. Great, wonderful, heavenly, blissful or perfection, I just don't know which word it is. The spa session was administered by the soft spoken, professional and of course constantly smiling girls. Dinner followed and was served punctually by the very friendly waitstaff. The food was excellent and there was plenty of it. After a restful night's sleep, it was breakfast and then back to Singapore,
completely recharged and reenergized. Tempat Senang is the ideal remedy to get away from it all. It is clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and professional. The spa services, the rooms and the food are exceptional. If you cannot be happy here, you cannot be happy anywhere. We highly recommend Tempat Senang for a rest or for an adventure.

Visited January 2013

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visited Tempat Senang for a quick getaway to relax and rejuvenate with my girlfriend in Feb 2013. We took a Midweek 2D1N stay with 6 hours spa package.

From the first instance of contact, we already felt the warmth of the service from Martha, the owner. She was very helpful and helped us tremedously in customising our stay.

On the first day of the trip, we were picked up from Sekupang station and driven to the resort. The serenity of the place was unbelievable. The resort was built to give a rustic feel and despite it looking like a forest, everywhere was very clean and well maintained.

Upon arrival, Martha eased us in with great hospitality and helped us "build" our spa package. The menu was so extensive but through her recommendation, we got the best for ourselves. Later, she brought us on a tour of the place and we got to preview all the rooms at the resort. Each room was beautiful built and distinctly attractive in their own right. Finally, we came to our room, the "Japanese" room, and it was marvellous. As we settled in, we were soon greeted by the staff from the spa to tell us that the spa was ready for use.

Although I wouls say the spa itself was quite small, it was still well furnished and well equipped. The spa and massage were again mind-blowing, with the therapist customising how our spa sessions will pan out. Without realising, 2 hours of massages and scrubs were done. For the next hour, we were treated to an amazing open air milk bath which we thoroughly enjoyed. Soon, it was lunch time.

Lunch was fabulous. The portions were more than enough and the taste we great. Our initial plans to head out of the resort for dinner were not necessary as we really wanted to try the rest of the food on the menu.

After lunch, we continued with another 3 hours of scrubs and massages. We were so relaxed and comfortable that honestly I would have gone for another round of spa treatment if I had the time. One blemish from perfection though, was that the pedicure could be improved, as my girlfriend's nails were not properly done.

After spa we had a good time lazing around the resort and in our rooms till dinner time. Again we had no regrets for dinner. The sate and the apple crumble stood out. I would say they are must haves. And just like that it was night time and we tucked ourselves away into the comforts of our room.

The next day, Martha again accomodated to our plans as we requested for late checkout. She also arranged for our return ferry and a cab to take us into Batam City Center. Most amazingly, after we had arrived back in Singapore, Martha dropped us an email to say that there were some errors with payment and we had paid too much. We agreed to put it on credit for our next visit there. Such honesty and service excellence is really commendable.

Overall, Tempat Senang is really too amazing. A short trip from Singapore to prardise. Definitely going back again. Thanks to Martha and the staff at Tempat Senang.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The resort is beautiful, small but yet cozy...excellent service, great ambience and we felt so much at home. Staff were forever smiling and making sure we are always well taken care of. We can see that they are happy staff and am sure the owners have done so much to make sure of that and that shows in their attitude at work.

Suites are so cosy and decor is superb! Every bit of the resort is spotless!

We loved every minute of it and are going back for the easter holidays and plan to make this a regular getaway that is so close to home...only 45 min from singapore.

And to top it all off, its a stones throw from the golf course.

Well done Tempat Senang! We give it a 6 star rating!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Staying in Tempat Senang was really worthwhile. We stayed at the Presidential suite which has a great view and perfect for couples who'd like to see sunsets. We stayed for a night but we wished we could have stayed longer!! The spa was also very relaxing and the staff was very hospitable!

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I recently spent the day here and found it absolutely lovely! We booked the half day spa package which includes three 1 hour spa treatments and round trip transfers to/from the ferry terminal. It was the Lunar New Year, so our ferry was over an hour late and we spent over an hour in line at immigration. When we finally emerged from the terminal, there was our driver, ready and waiting to take us to the resort. He had sat there for over 2 hours with no complaints! The resort is just a short 10 minute drive from the ferry terminal, but it feels like worlds away from the hustle and bustle of the town. The resort itself is very tranquil and relaxing with a very Balinese feel. We were welcomed by a very friendly and helpful staff. We checked in with Martha who did a wonderful job explaining the spa treatments and making suggestions on what would fit our needs. We had a nice lunch at the resort restaurant and then were off to the spa. The spa facilities are very clean and relaxing. Though I would suggest requesting a room upstairs as they seemed a little more lush than the rooms in the lower floor of the spa. Our treatments were wonderful. My husband, who has had many massages in his day, said that this was one of the best massages he had ever had. The spa staff spoke enough English for necessary communication during the treatments. This was not a problem, however, because all of our special needs/requests were fully communicated to the staff in advance and fulfilled without issue. I would highly recommend the Himalayan salt body scrub and the Balinese massage - they were both excellent. After our treatments we had time to shower and head back to the ferry terminal to catch the boat back to Singapore. It was a wonderful day trip and I would highly recommend it. We will definitely go back and spend the night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant? Share your experiences!