Visited Tempat Senang for a quick getaway to relax and rejuvenate with my girlfriend in Feb 2013. We took a Midweek 2D1N stay with 6 hours spa package.
From the first instance of contact, we already felt the warmth of the service from Martha, the owner. She was very helpful and helped us tremedously in customising our stay.
On the first day of the trip, we were picked up from Sekupang station and driven to the resort. The serenity of the place was unbelievable. The resort was built to give a rustic feel and despite it looking like a forest, everywhere was very clean and well maintained.
Upon arrival, Martha eased us in with great hospitality and helped us "build" our spa package. The menu was so extensive but through her recommendation, we got the best for ourselves. Later, she brought us on a tour of the place and we got to preview all the rooms at the resort. Each room was beautiful built and distinctly attractive in their own right. Finally, we came to our room, the "Japanese" room, and it was marvellous. As we settled in, we were soon greeted by the staff from the spa to tell us that the spa was ready for use.
Although I wouls say the spa itself was quite small, it was still well furnished and well equipped. The spa and massage were again mind-blowing, with the therapist customising how our spa sessions will pan out. Without realising, 2 hours of massages and scrubs were done. For the next hour, we were treated to an amazing open air milk bath which we thoroughly enjoyed. Soon, it was lunch time.
Lunch was fabulous. The portions were more than enough and the taste we great. Our initial plans to head out of the resort for dinner were not necessary as we really wanted to try the rest of the food on the menu.
After lunch, we continued with another 3 hours of scrubs and massages. We were so relaxed and comfortable that honestly I would have gone for another round of spa treatment if I had the time. One blemish from perfection though, was that the pedicure could be improved, as my girlfriend's nails were not properly done.
After spa we had a good time lazing around the resort and in our rooms till dinner time. Again we had no regrets for dinner. The sate and the apple crumble stood out. I would say they are must haves. And just like that it was night time and we tucked ourselves away into the comforts of our room.
The next day, Martha again accomodated to our plans as we requested for late checkout. She also arranged for our return ferry and a cab to take us into Batam City Center. Most amazingly, after we had arrived back in Singapore, Martha dropped us an email to say that there were some errors with payment and we had paid too much. We agreed to put it on credit for our next visit there. Such honesty and service excellence is really commendable.
Overall, Tempat Senang is really too amazing. A short trip from Singapore to prardise. Definitely going back again. Thanks to Martha and the staff at Tempat Senang.
- Also Known As:
- Tempat Senang Resort Spa And Restaurant
- Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant Hotel Batam
- Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant Hotel
- Tempat Senang Luxury Hotel
- Tempat Senang Luxury Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tempat Senang is Batam's hidden oasis. Discover the lush gardens, Balinese architecture and romantic setting that makes it the perfect couples getaway. Full service spa and restaurant on site. Quality at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.