“I'm just adding to the good reviews” 4 of 5 stars

Full Day Spa Special
Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Batam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Belfast
“I'm just adding to the good reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hi fellow TAs,
Just got back from Tempat Senang in Batam after a 3 night stay. I can't really add too much to what other reviewers have said, it is just a fantastic little place to stay and unwind.
All the staff members from management, to the Spa employees, to the kitchen staff, provide excellent, warm and friendly service which is so nice to encounter and will leave you wondering what the world would be like if only all businesses could provide this level of service.
A couple of minor issues:
The price of food. Although the food is very high quality, just be aware that you will pay over the odds for comparative Batam island prices. The hotel has pretty much got you as a captive market as there aren’t other eating choices in the immediate vicinity. However, compared to S’pore hotel prices I would say it was slightly cheaper. Again, we didn’t mind too much as the food was very good…..the beef rendang was some of the best I've had for a long time.
Also the mosquitoes were quite prevalent. Although the hotel does fog weekly (apparently) and also provide you with ample amounts of repellent (sprays available in your room and in common areas), my wife and I did manage to get bitten a couple of times. I also managed to kill 5 large mossies in a 15 minute period whilst reading outside by the pool. They were especially rife during the evening so cover yourself in repellent for dinner as the restaurant area is open to the elements.
There isn’t that much to do in the evening. The hotel does have a huge movie library but I felt there wasn’t much atmosphere in the place after the staff went home at 8pm. Of course part of the charm of the place is solitude, relaxation etc. but some board games or something would be a good idea rather than only having people retire to their rooms. There is a pool table which was a welcome distraction until the wife got bored after 5 mins.
Overall these little grievances are small when you consider what you’re letting yourself in for when you visit. The small touches are what set a great hotel apart from good hotel and there are no small amount of small touches in this place! Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Visited this wonderful resort in Batam over the CNY weekend! Being a mere 45 minutes away from Singapore via Ferry, Tempat Senang proved to be a wonderful, exclusive choice with only 9 rooms on-site! In addition to the beautiful room, our package also included a 3 hour spa each as well as pick-up and drop-off from the Sekupang Ferry and a buffet breakfast.

Tempat Senang has only 9 rooms - each with its own beauty and character! We stayed in the India room - one of the smaller options however just as stunning. Other rooms have some options such as jacuzzi's or fish-spa's inside however these were booked when we went!

Positives on this trip: Warm & friendly service, clean facilities and rooms and overall good value for money!

Improvements Tempat Senang could consider: Increasing the variety of food options, speeding up the time to serve meals as each order took about 1 hour, allowing for individuals to order post 4 pm (as the on-site kitchen closes) and perhaps allowing guests to eat in the privacy of their own room. Tempat Senang could also consider improving the quality of western cuisine i.e. We ordered a pizza that took about an hour to cook as they made everything from scratch however it wasn't amazing to be honest. We ate it because we were hungry but I've had better!

Overall I would still go back as this was a brilliant vacation - one of the best I've had!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

My 2 girlfriends and I visited this fabulous place on 15Jan. During our email convo, Martha and Yuni were really helpful and amazing so I was totally looking forward to the trip.
The service was excellent from the pickup, to the explanation of the different treatments by Yuni, and of course not forgetting the wonderful 3 treatments we had.
The Balinese massage - really hit all the sweet spots.
The mineral clay wrap - great for detox and your skin feels so good after.
The hot herbal compress - that all 3 of us loved the most!! Super comfy feeling that help soothed the aches.
It's such a great experience that I've already made plans to head back there for a full day spa trip this month with another girlfriend.
Thanks for the lovely day Martha, Yuni and all the therapists.

• Stayed January 2013
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I recently returned from a less than 24 hour stay at the Tempat Senang Spa. You are only a ferry ride away from Singapore (less than an hour!) but you feel like you are a world away.

When we arrived after work it was already dark so we didn't really know what we had in store. After clearing immigration, we were met by our friendly driver and taken on the quick 10 minute drive to the hotel. When we pulled up we knew immediately it was going to be special. There were three of us so we booked the Joglo room and we were absolutely amazed when we opened the door. It was gorgeous! We then had a great meal of traditional Indonesian food, had some wine, and quickly passed out.

When we woke up we were completely shocked at how gorgeous the hotel was during the day. I woke before my friends so I went exploring and was so impressed by how gorgeously decorated the property is. It is cozy and intimate but there are two beautiful swimming pools and a huge spa. I then met Martha (the manager of the property) and she knew immediately who I was and was so gracious and friendly. We quickly bonded, being two Americans living in Southeast Asia (I recently moved from California to Singapore). When my friends woke we had a delicious breakfast and then got to pick our 3 spa treatments.

The spa was excellent and so relaxing. We were so blissed out after but starving so we had a late lunch before we were taken back to the ferry and transported back to the land of shopping malls. I wish I could live at Tempat Senang and take a ferry into Singapore every day. I will definitely return and highly recommend this beautiful little hideaway to everyone. I will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great Bali Style resort and amazing unique rooms.
Food was amazing- Try the Kaffir Lime Chicken (a yellow curry dish-had it twice)
Spa treatments were also very nice.
Great short break from Singapore.

Staff were very very nice, picked you up from ferry terminal (short 10min drive) and absolutely polite and attentive the whole stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night with my wife.. We took the Japanese room and it was big and clean.. Had an aromatherapy massage, body scrub and hair spa treatment for the 3hr spa and it was good, especially the hair spa treatment.. Bad points were that I couldn't connect to the free wifi during my stay here, and if u get hungry during the late night, u can't get anything to eat as the restaurant closes at 7pm..

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed in Tempat Senang from 7th Jan 2013 to 10th Jan 2013 (Yes, i am in my India room in Tempat Senang writing this. My wife and i stayed in the India room while my parents stayed in the Indonesia room. Like what the rest have already commented, Martha is indeed a very nice and helpful host who would make you feel comfortable right away and is always ready to give you any suggestion you might need anytime. It is in fact the whole team at Tempat Senang that makes this experience a memorable one. From the staff who takes charge of our food to the guy in charge of the swimming pool to the ladies cleaning our room, they are all very polite and helpful to us during our stay here. I personally would not say it's cheap as there are other hotels that are cheaper than this but i would like to affirm that its value for money. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tempat Senang Resort? Share your experiences!