“Amazing Getaway 45 minutes from Singapore” 5 of 5 stars

10% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Batam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco
“Amazing Getaway 45 minutes from Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I recently returned from a less than 24 hour stay at the Tempat Senang Spa. You are only a ferry ride away from Singapore (less than an hour!) but you feel like you are a world away.

When we arrived after work it was already dark so we didn't really know what we had in store. After clearing immigration, we were met by our friendly driver and taken on the quick 10 minute drive to the hotel. When we pulled up we knew immediately it was going to be special. There were three of us so we booked the Joglo room and we were absolutely amazed when we opened the door. It was gorgeous! We then had a great meal of traditional Indonesian food, had some wine, and quickly passed out.

When we woke up we were completely shocked at how gorgeous the hotel was during the day. I woke before my friends so I went exploring and was so impressed by how gorgeously decorated the property is. It is cozy and intimate but there are two beautiful swimming pools and a huge spa. I then met Martha (the manager of the property) and she knew immediately who I was and was so gracious and friendly. We quickly bonded, being two Americans living in Southeast Asia (I recently moved from California to Singapore). When my friends woke we had a delicious breakfast and then got to pick our 3 spa treatments.

The spa was excellent and so relaxing. We were so blissed out after but starving so we had a late lunch before we were taken back to the ferry and transported back to the land of shopping malls. I wish I could live at Tempat Senang and take a ferry into Singapore every day. I will definitely return and highly recommend this beautiful little hideaway to everyone. I will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great Bali Style resort and amazing unique rooms.
Food was amazing- Try the Kaffir Lime Chicken (a yellow curry dish-had it twice)
Spa treatments were also very nice.
Great short break from Singapore.

Staff were very very nice, picked you up from ferry terminal (short 10min drive) and absolutely polite and attentive the whole stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night with my wife.. We took the Japanese room and it was big and clean.. Had an aromatherapy massage, body scrub and hair spa treatment for the 3hr spa and it was good, especially the hair spa treatment.. Bad points were that I couldn't connect to the free wifi during my stay here, and if u get hungry during the late night, u can't get anything to eat as the restaurant closes at 7pm..

• Stayed January 2013
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed in Tempat Senang from 7th Jan 2013 to 10th Jan 2013 (Yes, i am in my India room in Tempat Senang writing this. My wife and i stayed in the India room while my parents stayed in the Indonesia room. Like what the rest have already commented, Martha is indeed a very nice and helpful host who would make you feel comfortable right away and is always ready to give you any suggestion you might need anytime. It is in fact the whole team at Tempat Senang that makes this experience a memorable one. From the staff who takes charge of our food to the guy in charge of the swimming pool to the ladies cleaning our room, they are all very polite and helpful to us during our stay here. I personally would not say it's cheap as there are other hotels that are cheaper than this but i would like to affirm that its value for money. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The spa was awesome,great hospitality,discreet location = perfect!! Though it's a bit far off from the town area(you need to charter a cab from the resort itself),it's still perfect if u wanna enjoy a bit more privacy with ur spouse :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Great getaway for honeymooners or for those who wants to be surrounded with nature and peace and let's not forget great spa too!! with 9 creative and adventurous themes of rooms,you'll definitely be awed and amazed.. Great hospitality from Martha whose is one of the owners, who will arrange food and itinery and even recommend things to do and places to go.. Plus the food was really great and fulfilling so it's definitely and highly recommended!! Cheers!!! *peace*

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is our 2nd this visiting the resort, This time round we took the Bali room with a 3hr massage. Excellent admin by Martha, she was fast and efficient in replying in our emails. Very accommodating too. The Bali room is excellent! Beautiful lemongrass smell welcomed us with beautiful decorations. The room is clean and huge! I love the toilet! It is also huge! The room can be improved if there is a full body mirror in the room. The spa was not bad and the food was good! We had their signature Chicken on a drink can meal! On a whole excellent experience!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tempat Senang Resort? Share your experiences!