“Excellent Resort and Spa” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% off Full Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 68 hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent Resort and Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is our 2nd this visiting the resort, This time round we took the Bali room with a 3hr massage. Excellent admin by Martha, she was fast and efficient in replying in our emails. Very accommodating too. The Bali room is excellent! Beautiful lemongrass smell welcomed us with beautiful decorations. The room is clean and huge! I love the toilet! It is also huge! The room can be improved if there is a full body mirror in the room. The spa was not bad and the food was good! We had their signature Chicken on a drink can meal! On a whole excellent experience!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

462 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We greatly enjoyed our mid-week break at Tempat Senang; due in no small part to Marthe's warm welcome and care. We had booked the Japanese room and it was very nice - liked the cute little futon bed perched on a cabinet, 'tho there should probably be a warning posted for possible elderly visitors, who might have a different opinion! The other double bed in the room was very comfortable and I did enjoy the personal jacuzzi and DVD player with unlimited movies very much.

Food was delish, but a wee bit expensive, if not part of a package, and while atmospheric, an open-air terrace restaurant does tend to mean a lot of the meal is spent fending off unwanted guests. It might be an idea to have a small enclosed portion in future as it might mean the restaurant could also open a little later into the evening (I'm assuming that the reason it closes at 7pm is because of the jungle mossies).

The spa was good especially the hot herbal compresses - unusual and relaxing. Massage and scrub were pretty much as advertised, but we did come out feeling a lot more chilled out than when we started - a large vote in favour, I suppose!

Liked the idea of the themed rooms and even the slightly kitschy Leopard-skin print/Jungle reception... Suspect that we'll be back soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

One of the most wonderful holiday experiences ever.
Staff wonderful. Service exceptional. Cannot fault the whole spa experience.
Staff could not do enough. Food beautiful.
Would definitely go back.
Restaurant staff were delightful. They even put on an Abba CD for us to enjoy.
Everything was catered for, including the abundance of bottled water in our fridge, soap powder for the washing machine and golf buggys to get us around the resort.
We didn't want to leave and actually felt very sad saying goodbye to the staff.

Room Tip: Stay in the spa resort. We stayed at the golf resort as there were six of us. The golf resort was...
Sentosa Island, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

had a very good time there. Room = TREE HOUSE. interesting and fun. very cozy and compact. staff were very friendly and personalised service.
did a birthday celebration surprise and turned out really a surprise! yummy cake. thank you!
everyone will know you in less than a day. even the parrot. =D
spa was average.
to go out (malls) you will have to hire a cab thats when it gets pricey.. no 24hrs food. just movies. so movie marathon.
check out is really early like 11am so have to prepare night before.
overall great experience.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I travelled with 4 friends to this beautiful place, none of us had ever heard of Batam Island never mind Tempat Senang but we are so glad we found it via Trip Advisor.
We stayed in the 3 bedroom Presidential Suite which is closer to the Golf Club than the resort however we were transported back and forth as often as we wished and on the 3rd day we were given 2 golf buggies to use at our convenience.
The Presidential Suite had the most amazing views and was so comfortable, mys husband and I were fortunate to have the largest room with a huge bed and so much storage space, the ensuite was amazing. Whilst we were walking around the resort we had a look at some of the other accommodation available and were so impressed.
We had a 3 hour spa package included in the price of the accommodation, we (men and ladies)experienced the best massages, facials, body treatments etc that we have ever had. The ladies had another 3 hour session a couple of days later which only cost us $75sg each ($25sg an hour).
Breakfast was included in the price and was always fantastic, we had dinner in the evening at a very reasonable cost (not sure how they do it at the price).
Nothing was a problem for the staff at this beautiful resort, the kitchen staff were great and even joined us in a sing-song and had a really good laugh when we (the ladies in the group) had a bit of a dance.
Martha (Manager) met us on arrival and gave us all of the necessary information to ensure we had a great stay. Martha and Jasmine (owner) farewelled us when we left and gave us a gift from the Spa Shop, this was a really nice touch.
The men in the group had a round of Golf at the Indah Puri golf course, they said it is the best golf course they have ever played on.
This resort is 45 minutes by ferry from Singapore, resort staff met us at the ferry terminal and from there on we were treated like royalty, will we return, we certainly hope so.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at this resort.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Having just returned back home to Australia I need to let people know that
TEMPAT SENANG RESORT IS A MUST!!!!!! My husband and I along with 4 friends made
the trip to the resort after a not so good cruise (Superstar Virgo ) and it was just what the Doctor ordered so to speak!!!! Where to start ??? Everything was first class from the treatments to the food and the service we received. So friendly was everyone and I was very sad to leave. I myself had 2 great Massages, facial, 2 brilliant Wraps and Reflexology. Extremly well priced SO worth it. We will be going back for sure at some stage and we are letting everyone know all about this truly great place TEMPAT SENANG RESORT. Love to DOLLY !!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Presidential Suite which slept 6 people and it was awesome, brilliant views and dec...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is my second visit to Tempat Senang. My last visit was in Oct 2011. Prior to this trip, I had just read a review on Tripadvisor that the standard of the spa has dropped. Let me just say that I did NOT find this to be true. My friend and I had the luxury of being the only two on the entire resort. We had a full day spa treatment. The standard of massage at Tempat Senang puts many massage centres in Singapore to shame. I had hunted for good massages on the tiny island of Singapore for a long time. Often times, I have paid SGD120 and above just for 60-90 min at "top-notch" spas in Singapore only to be disappointed. The massages that I received both in 2011 and 2012 just left me hankering for more experiences at Tempat Senang. My husband who came with me in 2011 has been wanting to come back for more massages as well.

On the day that we visited, the spa room was closed off because of nearby renovations and we were housed at the Japanese room. My therapist was prompt to respond to my requests e.g switching off the aircon which was directly blowing at me. At the end of the day, we were told that we were eligible for a discount because we were the only ones there for the day! How awesome!! :) Cant wait to go back!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant? Share your experiences!