“Just to relax” 4 of 5 stars

Patam Lestari | Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Batam
“Just to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

It's a good place to get away from it all,the rooms are nice and the staff generally leave u to yourself...

We had a 2d1n package in the Bali room..the room was nice...one of a kind with an enormous toilet+ jacuzzi..

We arrived and chose our spa package,the spa was really good and relaxing,both my gf and I fell asleep to the sound of raindrops outside when it started to rain...woke up feeling thoroughly refreshed..

Then we explored e enormous DVD collection and just pigged out,snacking and watching movies till we were called for dinner..during dinner,the beer can chicken was awesome upon first bite...but perhaps e portion was too much for 2 ppl,we got an overdose of chicken and really needed to have more variety to the meal.. But it's still an interesting try!

All in all,great one of a kind short getaway

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Indonesian first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

After reading the reviews on trip advisor I booked a half day spa for myself and some female friends. I opted for the body scrub, massage and hot compress - it was amazing. In fact a much bettter massage than 2 weeks previously at Spa Botanica in Singapore and was a fraction of the price. Stayed on afterwards and relaxed with a food platter and a bottle of wine in lovely surroundings.
Great day out from Singapore I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We chose this particular resort after reading the very helpful and encouraging reviews on tripadvisor and also after checking the actual website of this resort. All the good things that were said about this place are true. Fantastic value for money and the place is absolutely fascinating and relaxing. We had a look at some of the rooms which were empty and I can only add that next time we will stay overnight as it is definitely welcoming and unique. I have already recommended it to my close friends and I will to anybody that will ask.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival at the Sekupang ferry terminal, we were greeted by Tempat Senang's staff, all ready to pick up our golf bags and take us to the resort. He was friendly and chatty. At the resort, Martha greeted us personally and even greeted us by our names! We then left for our round of golf at the golf course next door while she arranged our luggage to be sent to our Sultan suite. The suite was huge and has a jaccuzi that allowed us to soak and watch tv at the same time! The food prepared by the resort's chefs were appetizing and full of local flavours, we tucked in like hungry ghosts!

The most impressive was the generous offer by Martha to allow us a late check-out as our spa treatment would have ended after the usual check-out time. She kindly arranged enough time for us to have an early breakfast, rest abit before our massage at 9.30am too! All these customized and thoughtful arrangements touched us deeply and we appreciate it tremendously! Thank you Martha, thank you Tempat Senang!

• Stayed October 2012
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Workaholic Singaporean. Spent the weekend with teenage daughter, 'Mum-Daughter bonding'. Tempat Senang is a very special place. For a start, Martha, the Resort Manager is 'breathe of fresh air'. I am one of those Singaporean who expects service to be truly good & delivered. When I met Martha, I immediately know that I am in good hands.
Simply just you & your loved ones. Delicious food, wonderful staff, deeply relaxing surroundings of authentic Indonesian culture, beautiful cozy rooms, cool garden of exotic trees, koi ponds, waterway & gentle hospitality. Took a walk to the beach. That was nice. Took their 3hr car service to Nagoya for just S$20. That was a real breather from the Batam Taxis' fare haggling & hassles. We did the 3hr spa of gentle massage, hot compress for the tired muscles & body scrub. I was skeptical on the results but yes I was rejuvenated, more relaxed. My daughter didn't want to leave. Too bad for her that I love my job! :) We'll be back.

Room Tip: Choose your Spa treatments before you check-in to get priority & select a room that suits your i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

A gem in Indonesia. Complimented by brilliant staff and special/unique rooms. If you want a stay that will be throughly relaxing and in a totally reclusive venue.Then this is the place for you. the spa treatment are amazing, the staff professional and friendly. An experience not to be forgotten and will recommend to everyone i meet.

On a final note i want to say a huge thanks to all the staff who were amazing and made you feel comfortable, relaxed and always the epitomy of professionalism and friendliness.

Will be back someday

Room Tip: Pick the Timor room and you wont regret it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Timisoara, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I came from Europe for a few days to get some medical exams in Singapore and stumbled on to Tempat Senang In Batam.
My mom had been there before and highly recommended the place. I stayed overnight in the new Timor house (with pool) and slept in the massive carved bed and proceeded to pampered myself with great food, spa and a good nights sleep. I really went crazy when I discovered they make all their own spa products on sight. The Bulgarian Rose cream was definitely my favorite! I stocked up with plenty of goodies to take back home. The treatments were all a dream and the therapists were incredible. They seem to sense exactly what I needed.

Can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: Timor house must try !!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant? Share your experiences!