“Some Different and something special” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% off Full Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 71 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Some Different and something special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

A gem in Indonesia. Complimented by brilliant staff and special/unique rooms. If you want a stay that will be throughly relaxing and in a totally reclusive venue.Then this is the place for you. the spa treatment are amazing, the staff professional and friendly. An experience not to be forgotten and will recommend to everyone i meet.

On a final note i want to say a huge thanks to all the staff who were amazing and made you feel comfortable, relaxed and always the epitomy of professionalism and friendliness.

Will be back someday

Room Tip: Pick the Timor room and you wont regret it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Timisoara, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I came from Europe for a few days to get some medical exams in Singapore and stumbled on to Tempat Senang In Batam.
My mom had been there before and highly recommended the place. I stayed overnight in the new Timor house (with pool) and slept in the massive carved bed and proceeded to pampered myself with great food, spa and a good nights sleep. I really went crazy when I discovered they make all their own spa products on sight. The Bulgarian Rose cream was definitely my favorite! I stocked up with plenty of goodies to take back home. The treatments were all a dream and the therapists were incredible. They seem to sense exactly what I needed.

Can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: Timor house must try !!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I love celebrating my birthday in overseas and I love spa. Last year it was Bali, so this year we chose Batam. Knowing that there is nothing much to do in Batam, I did some homework and found this "Tempat Senang", so I thought I could give myself a birthday present by going for the half day spa (9am - 12pm), it was a Monday (2 days ago) and it was cheaper than weekends =P

As first, I was worried that it would be as disappointing as Hard Rock Spa in Bali and 3 hours would be too long. Turned out, it was amazing and we both enjoyed it a lot.

I went for :

a) Body Scrub (Seaweed) - it was not bad but the seaweed salt was kinda dry, it would be great if it was more moist, or I should have chosen other body scrub product.

b) Balinese - I fell asleep on this one, very relaxing...

c) Hot Herbal Compress - highly recommended, something new and cool, the herb was wrapped using batik, it was moist but no water leaking out from it.

We were given a tour to their rooms with themes. We would consider staying here next time, as coming to this place on your own can be quite misleading.

If you plan to stay near Batam Center, I suggest you to request them to book a taxi for you, as it took us a while to find the entrance ; )

In a nutshell, it was a great treat for my birthday...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The two of us got pampered from the moment we arrived. From the warm smiles of Bustami, till the adept fingers of the Spa Treatments. From the sumptuous Beer-Can chicken, till the Jacuzzi in the Balinese Room. From the 7-island hopping tour till the sun-drenched dips in the pool, we had the most exhilarating holiday of all.

Unfortunately, my work-schedule does not allow me to return more often than I wish I could.
Definitely well worth the time, and well worth the money.

Room Tip: Jaccuzi in the Bali Room is worth it !! I cannot sleep on a "swinging bed", so I didn'...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Came with friends in the hope of a nice relaxing weekend spa retreat as we couldn't afford to take a work day off. Unfortunately, we didn't quite get the experience we were hoping for. Perhaps the raving reviews earlier had really gotten our hopes up but this was not quite close to what we expected at all. We took the weekend overnight spa package and upgraded to a total of 6 hrs spa.

First off, the website says "your choice of 3 different treatments from our spa menu". When we reached the spa, we were told that we could not do 2 consecutive hours of massages and had to go with one massage option per 3 hr spa session - we had split our spa into 2 days. We were surprised but we did not protest since we figured we could just choose other options that would be enjoyable.

We all opted to do the Balinese massage and a scrub. Separately, some of us did the hair spa, the hot compress and the foot reflex. Generally we all felt the massage was average to good, depending on the masseuse. The hot compress was done right after the massage - basically, we had oil smothered over us and we were then pounded / rubbed with the compress. As an experience on it own, it was alright. We simply felt that it could have been better if it was integrated with the massage - i.e. massage back, do back hot compress on back, then massage legs and do hot compress on legs etc. The scrub was alright but kinda left us feeling like it wasn't exactly a true one hour experience - it lasted for approximately 40mins and we were then told to take a shower. The foot massage was not satisfactory according to the friend who took that option. Another friend who did the hair spa enjoyed the experience. All in all, we felt the spa could have been more professional with less breaks in between from the masseuses - they seemed to have to take something or other too frequently.

We had lunch in the resort - this was complimentary even though we were told that lunch is actually not included when the 6hr spa is split into 2 sessions. We had the Nasi Campur which was a huge portion and acceptable taste wise.

After lunch, we tried to ask again if it would be possible to switch to a 2 hr massage session. We were told that due to the long working hours of the spa staff, they have this policy in order to ensure that the staff were not overworked. We appreciate their concern for their staff but were disappointed nonetheless as we were not sufficiently satisfied with the earlier spa session. More importantly, I think they need to add this condition to their website so we know what to expect from the start.

We were brought to the Seabreeze apartment which is a short drive from the main resort building. We climbed to the fourth storey and came into what looked like a presentable and clean apartment. I was surprised at the number of insecticide bottles around the apartment but didn't think too much of it until we were sitting around in the living room at night. We had one large flying insect and another large cockroach that ran over my friend's feet. Pretty much firmed our decision to not come back again.

We've got another 3hrs of spa tomorrow and hopefully it'll be less disappointing since we've already had our expectations lowered significantly.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
jborschberg, Owner at Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear guests,

We apologize for any confusion about how our spa sessions are packaged. By email and on our website it indicates a half day session includes 3 different treatments, not 3 different massages. You had expected multiple massages during a session and you mention that we ‘need to add this condition to their website so we know what to expect from the start.’ Our website does state this condition, we are sorry, it appears you may have missed it. To further clarify this, 3 different treatments does not mean three massages.

We do this for 2 reasons: First is that we really do care about our therapists and want them stay employed with us for a long time. We invest a lot in training them and doing a 2 or 3 hour back to back massages twice a day is physically taxing on them and can result in injuries. Unlike some spas, we do put a high value on all our therapists’ health and well-being. The second reason is while we offer a large spa menu we do have a value on the treatments.

As for your comment on the body scrub most people can’t handle a full 60 min. of body abrasion and we need to incorporate shower time, we allot 15 min. so as not to rush you. Our therapists do leave once in the middle of the massage when you turn over to the other side to get an eye pillow for you. We apologize if this was disturbing to you, most people find the cool eye pillows an extra added touch.

We realize we cannot make all of our customers happy 100% of the time. We are sorry we did not live up to your expectations and on how our spa should be run.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

the resort was a perfect place to getaway for the weekend from singapore. the resort itself is stunningly beautiful, quaint and idyllic. it's easy to spend the day lost in the spa absolutely indulging yourself. the staff make the experience all the more special and go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your experience. we found a little paradise in bantam. lastly, the beer chicken is a must!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Went with my husband in August for a quick getaway from Singapore. The room is very nice and cool. Both of us love the quiet and relaxing time together. The 3 hrs spa package is normal and too short. I enjoy the massage but just an hour only and no extension allowed. The hair spa is really nothing as I cannot feel any different after the treatment. I like the meals very much and also the friendly staffs. Overall, it is good place to relax and out from city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant? Share your experiences!