“Two days and one night at Tempat Senang, Batam for Spa and relaxation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tempat Senang Resort

You added Tempat Senang Resort to your Saves list
Tempat Senang Resort
Patam Lestari, Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Batam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Two days and one night at Tempat Senang, Batam for Spa and relaxation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

My wife and myself spend our Christmas at Tempat Senang. We went for a full day package spa with massage in the morning and afternoon plus body scrub, milk bath, hair spa etc. It was a real relaxation for both of us. The package also include the lunch and breakfast since we stayed overnight at the small resort. There were 8 theme decoration room and some of the room allow family of 4 and some include jacuzzi which you will have to pay slightly more. We enjoyed the dinner as well because the food were well cooked and the whole environment was real nice as it is windy since it is near the sea. You can have a bottle of wine with roast chicken etc...for a nice dinner for two. It is a real quiet and peaceful place to get away from busy life.

Room Tip: Go for the jacuzzi in the room. You and your partner or family will enjoy each other company more in...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Read all the reviews - good and bad ..... Decided to go ahead with a romantic getaway 3D2N at tempat senang ("relaxing place" I think) ....if you just want to escape from city hustle to laze around and do absolutely nothing, this is the perfect place!
If you are looking for a full service 5 star commercial hotel, hmmmmmmm it might not be the place for you.

Both my wife and I enjoyed the 3hrs massage/hot compress/facial, my wife wanted more and she opted for another 3 hrs.

Picked the sultan suite with the in-room hot tub. Love the spacious room and the turkish decor
(I guess). Imagine watching hrs and hrs of DVDs in the hot tub :)

The dip pool is located outside our suite - just 10 meter from the suite back exit. Great to just jump in the pool when you just want to get wet.

Food - a tad pricey but both of us find the dishes we had quite good (especially the nasi campur and the seafood platter).
The kitchen closes early and no room service (dining) - a pity in my opinion.

Resort staff - very friendly and accommodating.

Too bad that the we experienced heavy downpour throughout our stay. Wanted to try out the golf course just next door. Perhaps next time when I return to the resort for the spa, I will go for the golf too.

Room Tip: Choose the sultan suite
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

My hubby and I was here for a short getaway. Tempat Senang is a truely quiet & relaxing place. Basically there is nothing much that you can do there which is exactly what we are loking for! In Singapore, there are too much distractions. At Tempat Senang, our 3D2N stay was a very simple one. Sleep, Eat, Spa and Drama Series. No distractions from phone calls, no emails, no whatsapp, no facebook. Initially was quite upset that wifi is only available at the Restuarant & Reception area; eventually realised without wifi, life can be so much simpler and quieter.

Room: We stayed in the Thai Room and we simply loved it! The bed, the fish spa, the toilet, the huge room!

Food: Tasty! A bit expensive but the portion was good too!

Spa (Tried Balinese massage/Hot Pressure/Body Scrub): Worth the time and money paid.

Staff: The staff there really take good care of you. They are always so helpful and friendly.

Return: Would definitely return to the resort again!

One downside is that the restaurant closes at 7pm (Singapore 8pm). Being a late sleeper, both of us were hungry 3 hours later. But there is no food for us except 2 bars of chocolate in the fridge. So if you are like us, remember to bring some cup noodles or biscuit just in case u feel hungry at night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

First time to experience the spa at tempat senang , we had a wonderful experience the half day spa package is 180 minutes , we chose 3 different items , first is Balinese massage ( very Good ) second is Facial ( feel pleasant and relaxing ) Third is Hot wrap ( Great for back aches , pains and flu ) we really enjoy , it was so wonderful , so relaxing . we will definitely come back again . we would like to thanks to martha and your stuffs service which were absolutely excellent . Highly recommended .

March and Angel
Singapore

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

This great place was well hidden from the hustle and bustle of busy Batam.
Checked into Bali room.Superb .
Room was hugh for the 2 of us. Love the bed and the jacuzzi.
Breakfast was simple but delish. We opt for the Sprite Chicken. Was given a hugh bird and we enjoy every bite of it.
Spa was great.
At night after dinner , therés nothing else to do except to cuddle with that someone special.
Kudos to Martha and the other staff for having a great place.

Room Tip: The hotel website tells all. Wish i can try all the rooms.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I have been hearing about how the Spas in Batam are cheap and good, and decided to give it a go with a couple of my girlfriends. We went on a Friday, and paid SGD$125nett/pax for a 3 hr spa session. However, if you include the $47 we paid for the return ferry ride, that would come up to be $172/pax (about $57 per hr), and I feel that there are spas/massage places for better value in Singapore. Further, the ferry ride took an hour for each trip, so that is 2 hrs wasted.

We booked via email, and I must say, their response time was very fast and they were very efficient. Also, the place is clean and even though it was open air, it was cool and mosquito free.

The massage itself was ok, but I felt that my masseuse seemed to be just going through the motions, and not really making an effort. On the contrary, my friend felt that her masseuse was too aggressive, and she felt that her 'skin was on fire' during the scrub. Whilst I understand that everyone has different expectations of a massage, perhaps an area of improvement would be to train all the masseuses to the same standard.

I also found it very odd that each person were given individual earphones plugged into a small music player instead of the regular piped in music you get in spas. This made it difficult to hear the masseuse when she asked me a question, and could be uncomfortable if she does not insert the earphones properly.

Overall, I felt that it was an ok experience, but unless the price is a lot cheaper (I read that they have deals on wednesdays and thursdays) it is unlikely that I would go back. It just was not value for money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

While I like the greenery and the location away from the hustle and bustle of the city, I felt that everything is grossly over priced. I have traveled to many places throughout Southeast Asia and have stayed at a very wide range of lodging from hostel to 5star hotels. This 2D1N trip at Tempat Senang felt like I paid a 5star price for a 2.5star getaway.

The spa session was rather basic and nothing to shout about. To start with, it could be because our spa session was held in the unoccupied Japanese Room with all the furniture pushed to the side and 2 mobile massage tables put in. It lacked ambiance and the floor was so dusty, it seemed more like a store room. The massage itself was just average.

Food-wise, the dinner we had, Nasi Campur was really good. But the following morning's breakfast was terrible.

Its a really small property which you could do a complete tour in less than 10mins and there is absolutely nothing to do there. The entire trip and stay was however well planned by Martha and her hospitality made us feel very much welcomed.

Something else which I liked, was the open air bathroom, it really does add to the resort feel.

There was some construction going on late into the night, as they were building a new hut. It was a little hard to sleep with the knocking sound.

Lots more can be done to make this place a truly wonderful resort location. But its a place I will not be visiting again as its not worth the amount paid in terms of value.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Tempat Senang Resort? Share your experiences!