“for a one nite stay - ok!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Majesty Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Batam
Grand Majesty Hotel
You added Grand Majesty Hotel to your Saves list
Kompleks Jaya Putra, Jodoh, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Ranked #61 of 77 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“for a one nite stay - ok!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I stayed frequently at Grand Majesty for 2 reasons. One price is reasonable second I patronises 2 shops along the street. So time and taxi fares saved! If you're a big spender with Hi Tech designs in taste the Grand Majesty is not for you. And if you only go for resort style of atmosphere then the location of Grand Majesty will turned you off! The nearest ferry terminal from Singapore is Harbour Bay Batu Ampar. 45 minutes transit time with no hassle at the immigration! Two way ferry ticket is S$48/-. Visitos from ASEAN countries free entry. If you're an American citizen visa for one week stay is US$10/- 10 mins to reach hotel.I chosed a family suite this time because of the living area.This is enough space to entertain 5 ladies for a nite of chatting and eating!The wash basin leaked by the way.This was handled quickly!We ordered room service.Right on time. Though the lightings in the Tolet is bright could'nt say for the rest of the room.Breakfast is standard fare but there's room for improvement! But it filled our stomach.Thank you dear ALLAH for the daily bread! The restaurant is in dark decor. If you loved English drama seriels like the Duchess of Queen Street then you will feel comfortable eating in the Restaurant I was! I paid 552,000 rphs/nite(membership price they said) for the room. Ok for a one nite stay!

Room Tip: Good for back pack travellers who want to explore the sight and smell of the area of Jodoh.Take the...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We joined a Batam package tour inclusive of hotel accomodation. Upon check-in, we were instantly put off by the stale cigarette-smell air. Despite we requested for a non-smoking room, the room still smelt of cigarette smoke plus a tint of mouldy smell. The aircon was probably near end of shell life and the we felt like we were in a enclosed room of about 28 degrees celsius, OMG! The rooms were badly in need of a renovation, ceiling paint/wall paper were worn off, the flushing of the toilet was non working half the time (this was so even after the hotel sent an technician who attempted to fix it). The fridge's foul smell disgusted us further. The complimentary breakfast at the restaurant was another torment, practically the entire restaurant is filled with cigarette smoke! We were at the restaurant for breakfast at 830am and yet 95% of the breakfast trays were emtpy! Refill for some trays were slow while refill for some trays ceased for good at 8+am?! For nearly half an hour, it was as if we were under going some kind of famine with the only food supply from the omelette station. With 95% of the trays empty, a queue built up at the omelette station where patience would finally be paid off with a fresh pan-fried omelette (ie. after an average of 20minutes' long wait). Used cups/plates were obviously piling up when no staffs clearing them away. It was my first encounter with such pathetic buffet breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I just spend 2 nights here at this hotel. I am so very surprised that this hotel has been given a 4 star rating. I would rate it as zero star. When I walk into the hotel to checked in, there was a stale air smell in the looby, the hotel ventelation of the hotel very poor and the lobby was very poorly lighted like they were on energy saving. The lift landings on the floors of the hotels very poorly maintained and carpets were dirty. Rooms were not much better.. the mattresses and pillows were worn out. The hotel house keeping is very poor, they provided shampoos and bath gels that were half filled or recycled the left overs. Breakfast was poor standard.. the Internet signals were very weak as well. I think there are better hotels in Batam. I have stayed in budget hotels which are much better than this hotel

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

I joined a tour to Batam and stayed one night.

My impression of the hotel is bad although the service staff were very helpful.

The It was grand hotel judging at the majestic building but most things are very old.

The worst was the hotel smells, which something I dislike most.

The breakfast is at best pathetic.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Went there with 2 other families with teenagers... it was my first tyme in Batam but a few tymes for them... we were given Rooms on Level 5 which should be next to each other but mine was 1 room apart from them even we had booked a mth ago... well it's ok for me but my cuzin who were suppose to be side by side had her room change coz her carpet was badly wet... in the end, she was much far apart from us...

ok.. now lets talk abt my room 53X... everything was ok... don't mind if it's a bit cramp @ the entrance... yes... it's true... there's small cockroach everywhere... saw a few... on the phone receiver... bedside table... wardrobe... & actually it's worry me a lot coz my baby had rashes on the first nite... & oh yes... the toilet... there's a handle against the wall above the bathtub... lucky it's me who hold it... coz i always had this habit of checking the handles if it's ok or not but this proven faulty... it's drop off when i grip hold of it... this could be fatal accident in the slippery bathtub for my kids & other adults too...

for breakfast at the hotel itself... quite happy with it even not much choices... staffs were ok.... chambermaid too... swimming pool ok...

along hotel area... there's lots of shops... since we had our own chauffer... we had no problems going anywhere we want... especially when we need to bring our pram along...

definately we would like to go there again... but not sure if we will be staying at the same hotel... but i'm happy holiday in BATAM....

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

I like the hotel and the services, no complaint bout that. But cant stand there are a lot of small coakroaches crawling everywhere in the room . I stayed in Superior Rm at 5th floor.
I want to come back but pls help........ get rid of the small coakcroaches !

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

For the large room i stayed the price is good but the room don't really impress me which is suppose to be top in the range. The spa was good and the plus point is it is within the hotel premisies. There is still plenty of room for improvement for the spa services. The breakfast was below average, not much varities and always the food is completely finish where the staffs are very slow in re-filling the food again. Both days I took my breakfast with the left over food and I don't have the time to take the breakfast after re-fill by the staff. The management should look into this seriously. Location was above average and the staff are friendly only the front desk people took a bit long time to settle the room during check in and check out date.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Majesty Hotel? Share your experiences!