“Stay with this hotel if u want to build up your endurance!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Majesty Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Batam
Grand Majesty Hotel
You added Grand Majesty Hotel to your Saves list
Kompleks Jaya Putra, Jodoh, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Ranked #65 of 80 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Stay with this hotel if u want to build up your endurance!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We joined a Batam package tour inclusive of hotel accomodation. Upon check-in, we were instantly put off by the stale cigarette-smell air. Despite we requested for a non-smoking room, the room still smelt of cigarette smoke plus a tint of mouldy smell. The aircon was probably near end of shell life and the we felt like we were in a enclosed room of about 28 degrees celsius, OMG! The rooms were badly in need of a renovation, ceiling paint/wall paper were worn off, the flushing of the toilet was non working half the time (this was so even after the hotel sent an technician who attempted to fix it). The fridge's foul smell disgusted us further. The complimentary breakfast at the restaurant was another torment, practically the entire restaurant is filled with cigarette smoke! We were at the restaurant for breakfast at 830am and yet 95% of the breakfast trays were emtpy! Refill for some trays were slow while refill for some trays ceased for good at 8+am?! For nearly half an hour, it was as if we were under going some kind of famine with the only food supply from the omelette station. With 95% of the trays empty, a queue built up at the omelette station where patience would finally be paid off with a fresh pan-fried omelette (ie. after an average of 20minutes' long wait). Used cups/plates were obviously piling up when no staffs clearing them away. It was my first encounter with such pathetic buffet breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I just spend 2 nights here at this hotel. I am so very surprised that this hotel has been given a 4 star rating. I would rate it as zero star. When I walk into the hotel to checked in, there was a stale air smell in the looby, the hotel ventelation of the hotel very poor and the lobby was very poorly lighted like they were on energy saving. The lift landings on the floors of the hotels very poorly maintained and carpets were dirty. Rooms were not much better.. the mattresses and pillows were worn out. The hotel house keeping is very poor, they provided shampoos and bath gels that were half filled or recycled the left overs. Breakfast was poor standard.. the Internet signals were very weak as well. I think there are better hotels in Batam. I have stayed in budget hotels which are much better than this hotel

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

I joined a tour to Batam and stayed one night.

My impression of the hotel is bad although the service staff were very helpful.

The It was grand hotel judging at the majestic building but most things are very old.

The worst was the hotel smells, which something I dislike most.

The breakfast is at best pathetic.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Went there with 2 other families with teenagers... it was my first tyme in Batam but a few tymes for them... we were given Rooms on Level 5 which should be next to each other but mine was 1 room apart from them even we had booked a mth ago... well it's ok for me but my cuzin who were suppose to be side by side had her room change coz her carpet was badly wet... in the end, she was much far apart from us...

ok.. now lets talk abt my room 53X... everything was ok... don't mind if it's a bit cramp @ the entrance... yes... it's true... there's small cockroach everywhere... saw a few... on the phone receiver... bedside table... wardrobe... & actually it's worry me a lot coz my baby had rashes on the first nite... & oh yes... the toilet... there's a handle against the wall above the bathtub... lucky it's me who hold it... coz i always had this habit of checking the handles if it's ok or not but this proven faulty... it's drop off when i grip hold of it... this could be fatal accident in the slippery bathtub for my kids & other adults too...

for breakfast at the hotel itself... quite happy with it even not much choices... staffs were ok.... chambermaid too... swimming pool ok...

along hotel area... there's lots of shops... since we had our own chauffer... we had no problems going anywhere we want... especially when we need to bring our pram along...

definately we would like to go there again... but not sure if we will be staying at the same hotel... but i'm happy holiday in BATAM....

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

I like the hotel and the services, no complaint bout that. But cant stand there are a lot of small coakroaches crawling everywhere in the room . I stayed in Superior Rm at 5th floor.
I want to come back but pls help........ get rid of the small coakcroaches !

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

For the large room i stayed the price is good but the room don't really impress me which is suppose to be top in the range. The spa was good and the plus point is it is within the hotel premisies. There is still plenty of room for improvement for the spa services. The breakfast was below average, not much varities and always the food is completely finish where the staffs are very slow in re-filling the food again. Both days I took my breakfast with the left over food and I don't have the time to take the breakfast after re-fill by the staff. The management should look into this seriously. Location was above average and the staff are friendly only the front desk people took a bit long time to settle the room during check in and check out date.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

My bf & I booked this pkg "ROMANTIC GETAWAY" with batam holidays. This pkg consists of a candlelite dinner by the poolside. When we went in to our room, the room was very dim & the furnitures looked very old. Worst of all, the bed was so shaky & it had creaky sound when u sat on the bed.
The candlelite dinner was a great disappoinment. We had already finalised our dinner menu upon arrival at the hotel but the dinner did not turn out to be the pre-arranged menu. The hotel staff kept approaching us with the simple set dinner menu many thrice despite telling him that our dinner had already been arranged but he do not seem to understand us. We then decided to call our local agent to verify and was told that everything is ok. We waited for very long and no one came to serve us so we decided to go down to the restaurant to speak to our local agent. After calling & clarifying, they managed to find our dinner menu which clipped in between some files. We indicated specifically to them again what choice we wanted but the staff still served us the wrong appetizer. We had to ask him to bring out the menu again & indicated to him our appetizer is different.
All these searching & clarification wasted a lot of time & we finally managed to have our dinner at 9pm batam time. We really felt that things should not turn out this way. The next day we spoke to our local agent n demanded compensation. She spoke to the restaurant manager about our request. We were compensated with a free lunch and the manager apologised that it was his fault that he overlooked this matter and what surprised us was that he even asked us not to complain about this matter.
We really felt that the hotel management should improve on their service level & negligence on their individual responsibilities.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple