“The Group loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Palace Hotel

You added Pacific Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Pacific Palace Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jln Duyung Sei Jodoh, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in Batam
“The Group loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

As I am a frequent visitor to Batam and loved trying new hotels,
Pacific palace is the obvious choice for me and my foster daughter from A&M Texas University and her friends. It has a disco, swimming pool with jacuzzi,sauna and a baby pool too.

At rupiahs 399,000 for superior room incl b/fast for 2 it was a real
bargain.With an extra bed it is still possible to move around as
the room is very spacious indeed. I liked the glass sink in the toilet. We invited another foster daughter,Vidya,from Batam for breakfast. It has a presentable buffet spread and cost only rph40,000 per person which to my mind is one of the cheapest in town. Service and restaurant ambience is superb.They have asked for our opinion on the hotel for improvement purposes and we gladly give the thumbs up! Every staff we met gave a genuine smile and one from the restaurant booked an appt for us at the spa.The spa has just began operations and the only service available is the massage which at 100,000 rphs for 1 hour is still cheap based on our American and Singapore dollars. Entering the disco is free as we are guest of the hotel and the young group danced the nite away.Katie tried the sauna upon arrival on 19 July and the guys took a dip. No complaints!!!. The hotel 8 seater and a sedan took us to the ferry terminal which is about 5 mins away.
Like hotels elsewhere, the charge is double but at rph42,000 per
trip why not? The vehicles are brand new anyway!

Katie called back home to tell her parents what a great weekend
she had at the Pacific Palace. As for me, it will be my home
for future trips to Batam. In our excitement,we have forgotten to take a group photo!!!!

Stayed July 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

My family and I have just returned from your Hotel in Batam and I would like to provide some feedback on my experience in your hotel.

To begin with, the hotel was not at all what we had been led to expect from your brochure. We have book a Pacific Suite suites Room & 2 Superior rooms + 1 baby cot (chargeable) in your Hotel on 21Jun08, My sis has check-in at the superior room at in the afternoon and she is expect the room with the baby cot set up but the room is empty. she have to call up and ask the housekeeping to fix the baby cot, after your staff has bough up the cot and have no idea how to fix the baby cot so in the end we have to call housekeeping send someone up to help him to fix it. All and all took about 2hrs plus to complete a baby cot!! Me & my family was check-in to the PALACE SUITES ROOM in the evening, after enter to the room, we were impressed by the room design especially the bath room in the master room. But when we turned on the tap to use the basin, water overflowed and the whole toilet was flooded . Furthermore, the heater was not in working condition for two bathrooms in the suite and my family had to go to the other bathroom to shower. You can imagine the inconvenience caused by having to wait just to shower. We did attempt to call the maintenance personnel , but he was not able to rectify the problem. Another point is that the Suite does not have tissues, coffee, creamer and teaspoon while the Superior room which is cheaper provides such amenities. Even the tower in the suites room is also dirty & torn. In the night time about 12plus when we call the room service and request to send up a fruit knife but the room service staff never turn up. In this case I don’t see any reason why I have to pay so much for the Palace Suite room.

• Liked — Desigh OF The Hotel
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

Stay: 30th June 2008 - 1st July 2008

The hotel is brand new and having a soft launch the moment we were there. one of the best hotels in batam at the moment I think.

Unique architecture, built like a replica of a cruise ship with grand ancient greece-themed interiors.

Modern, tastefully minimalist designed rooms, very spacious rooms. (even for deluxe rooms). LCD TVs. Very new, very clean. with full set of amenities.

They have moved all the gym equipment in, but yet to connect them to the power mains yet.

Yoga / aerobics room avail.

The swimming pool, jacuzzi hot and cold pools are fantastic. Pool bar and attendant present, floats available for rental.

Sauna , steam bath and free electronic lockers are available. There were practically no one in the hotel, being so new, so I had it all to myself.

Restaurant is huge, tastefully decorated and nicely attended by staff

Hotel's in-house brand new spa is having a promotion, 100,000 rp for massage. but highly recommend an outside spa (Tropikal spa or Atalanta Club & Health Centre) http://www.tropikalspa.com/ within 5 minutes walking distance. They can arrange for free hotel pick up and return.

It also houses a huge disco or KTV at the ground floor. Very popular at night, could be noisy with the cars and motorbikes around midnight, so go for higher-floored deluxe rooms and above (5th level deluxe room is pretty ok for us), or request for rooms not facing the carpark. Never check out the disco, but judging from the popularity, should be pretty good.

Circle K 24-hour convenience store is just 2-3 minutes walk away. Beer is available. Wine is not available anywhere in batam it seems.

Free bus ferry to Batam Center MegaMall & back is available. Check timing with hotel. (note: you must make a purchase at the megamall to be eligible for the return trip - Megamall's house rules)

There is practically no one here yet, so you have the entire hotel to yourselves. Check out their website for more details or promotions.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

Hi everyone, i just want to know how can those ppl went to this hotel and still say it is good and super clean.

when we arrive, we are amaze by the Greek looking palace. But what amaze us is also the super slow and lousy service at the counter.

When we finally check in, we wanted to have a bath first, to our surprise, both of the bath towels have big brown stains all over. We ask the housekeeping to change the bath towels, but still the "new" bath towels is still stain but only in small potion. I guess this is the normal standard this hotel have.

And the bath room have small roaches. And my wife are really scare to see roaches due to her past experience.

So i hereby, will advise fellow travelers think twice to book this hotel.

• Liked — swimming pools
  • Disliked — roaches, counter staff services, stain towels
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

I've been here with my family last weekend (1st June 2008). It was an amazing hotel. All the facilities are new and the superior room we took was very huge and super clean.

Exterior: The cruise/ship design that look so great. Interior: It taken from the roman and greek + yunani (I guest) architecture and It was very beautiful and classic.

But I think this hotel might needs some improvement in term of the facilities. There was no spa, gymnasium/health center and convienience shop (although there's one outside the hotel just 2-3 minutes walk), Maybe because it's still new.

Overall, this hotel is highly recommended for those who want to find something different and looks rich!

My wife has posted her own Pacific Palace video on her blog at [-]
Check it out.

• Liked — The design and cleanliness
  • Disliked — less kids attraction
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

it is my second time there and it is better than ever.
the rooms are as new as my first visit and better still, the swimming pool is now ready for use. i love the hot and cold pools! spent both my evenings at the hotel pool.
toilets are very clean which is a must for people like me.

ktv and pacific discotheque are directly linked to the hotel which makes it convenient for me to go back to the hotel after hours of clubbing, saved me both travel time and transport cost.
midnight buffet supper at the hotel is fantastic, especially when me and my group of friends tend to get so hungry after hanging out at the discotheque. u get to enjoy chicken porridge, fish soup or even chicken soup at 3 am in the morning at the hotel at a very affordable rate.
furthermore, i heard that the pacific discotheque is the biggest and most popular one in batam. no wonder all my friends love it there.

looking forward to the opening of spa at pacific palace and hope it will be ready soon for my next visit to batam.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

I booked my trip via travel agent to Pacific Palace for 17 - 18 April. Based on my last visit, Pacific Palace has just recently opened it's doors to the public.

My first impression of the hotel that is different among others is for i's unique 'Cruise Ship' like exterior and interior. It's spanking new and very clean.

Due to some miscommunication, they had booked me in a Standard Superior Room, with is only suitable for young couples.

I decided to take matter in my hands and upgraded to to a Deluxe room instead, with a minimum top up difference, was far bigger that I expected.

The pitfalls of staying was that the swimming pool was closed due to renovation works since early April but was not informed to the travel agencies. Facilities like gym are still not available yet. A real bummer you may say. As I had kids around, it is hard as well as they do not have much of child friendly features like a playroom or sorts. The breakfast spread at the Atlantic restaurant is very limited much to my disappointment. Service upon checking in is good, the opposite during checkout. Reception can be aloof as I had requested for a room service menu, ended up being told to search in the drawers and when I told the reception that there is none, they told me to try again.. The service staff that I find are most willing to help or show friendlness are the housekeeping staff, maintenance workers and cleaners, who greeted me and even my kids till the end of my stay. am quite surprise that the renovations are not fully completed especially for level 3 as I noticed that contructions are still ongoing with drilling and all. The only perks of the hotel is perhaps the nightlife, for they boast a 3000 capacity disco and plush KTV rooms.

Perhaps in due course once the hotel is fully equipped with functional facilities, perhaps adding child friendly features, and improve the meal spread and reception service, this hotel can be hit with the international tourists and appeal to Singaporeans who frequent to Batam.

Rooms are ultra clean, with King Size bed and white sheet accompanied with fluffy pillows. Couldn't find any fault at all with the rooms except that it doesn't have any bathtub.

On a surprise note while waiting for my return transfer to arrive, it was raining heavily and while waiting at the lobby, felt raindrops falling on my head, possibly due to a leaky glass panel on the roof. The Chef Concierge, kindly assisted us to move to another spot and quickly called on the maintenance ataff and cleaner who got hold of a bucket to hold the dripping water.

I would love to visit this hotel again once everything else improves. In the meantime, I rather not.

• Liked — Their Rooms and Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Service,Facilities and Food
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pacific Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!