“Nice and well-located” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 86 Hotels in Surabaya
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice and well-located”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights while travelling across Java.

Arrived very early in the morning after a flight from Bali. On Sunday morning, this hotel is in the 'no car day' zone of the city, so it is somewhat hard to reach by taxi. We had to enter the hotel through the back entrance of the car park. Upon arrival, the room was not yet ready. We left the bags and explored the city, and returned around 14:00, when the room was ready. Location of the hotel is very good for exploring the city, right on a main street and walking distance from Tunjungan Plaza.

The room was reasonably large for a standard room, with a seating area near the window and a large desk. It looked a bit old, but well-maintained and renovated in some parts. It was also very clean. The bathroom looked modern and was also very clean. Wifi was free and fast enough.

We did not use the gym, but it looked well-equipped for a short workout. The pool was large and very beatifully located amidst the trees behind the hotel. With a pool bar and lots of chairs, it was a very nice place to relax. The lobby bar was also nice and sold some very good and cheap bakery items (expensive -but good- coffee though!).

Because we had at first only booked 2 nights, I had to extend my stay for another night. Reception staff quoted a much higher price for the next night. When I showed her that I could book much cheaper using the Accor app right there, she changed the rate when I mailed her a screenshot. Somewhat strange, but correctly handled nonetheless.

Overall, we had a good stay and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor rooms have great views over the city.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sugito A, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Mr. Bartje,

I would like to thank you for your choosing Mercure Surabaya for your stay when you visit to Surabaya. It is always pleasure to have positive feedback form our guest.

For your information, every sunday morning start from 6am until 10am, we have program Car Free Day, this is to support the environment program from our city, and this is online with ACCOR's Environment Program that we called 'Planet 21'
And our hotel is very good location, eventhough in front of our hotel no car on sunday morning, but still we can serve the guest go in and out from back entrance that very useful.

Again, I thank you for sharing this feedback and I hope we have opportunity to welcome you back in Mercure Surabaya.

Sugito Adhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Indonesian first
Surabaya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is average hotel in Surabaya, the room is clean and you can ask dvd player n water dispenser for your long stay. Breakfast and pool is good. The location is in cbd but quite far go to nearest mall by walk, you must take taxi around 10 minutes, but I think this hotel is oke for business trip.

Room Tip: You can ask dvd player n water dispenser complimentary for long stay
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sugito A, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mr. Peter,

I would like to thank you for choosing Mercure Surabaya to stay and sharing your experience with us. It is always pleasure to have positive feedback from our guest.

I hope we have opportunity to welcome you back to Mercure Surabaya.

Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nicely located in the heart of the city, easy to reach by any transport means except with your own car ! the car parking space is terribly insufficient and most of the time requires me to park my car on side of the street outside hotel area...

The room is clean. Don't expect for fancy amenities...it provide only basic needs for a single traveller

Reception desk didn't work as efficient as I was expected, they still ask for my ID card when I have presented my Accor Club membership card and when I checked out they have lost hard copy of my data during check in...what a waste of time

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sugito A, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Rendyas,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Grand Mirama Surabaya. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, nevertheless I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

a nice hotel located in the central of Surabaya city, an old building, but nicely renovated and I can recommend this hotel to my friends. Keep the excellence service as a standard of Accor Hotel member.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for choosing Mercure Mirama Surabaya for your stay.
It is always a pleasure to receive feedback
I will share your comment with our team.
I am sure this feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staffs as we strive to continously improve the quality of our services and we hope your next visit will be a pleasant as the previous one.
Frankfurt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

A city hotel which is in easy reach of the airport since most is highway with less jam. Modern and stylish design, nice garden and pool. Staff friendly. Great breakfast buffet. Japanese Restaurant avarage choice and quality. Rooms are spacious, Wifi worked well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Windiarto W, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We are very appreciate for your time to spend in Mercure Grand Mirama Surabaya.
It is always great to welcome you in your next visit.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My parents were checked in one vacant room , but was occupied by Mr. Cockroach. That was fine. I understood.

About one hour later , I could not get back to my room.The door of the corridor on 2nd floor was locked and my room key did not working to that lock ! I called down and asked operator to send someone to help as I carried some heavy stuffs! Subsequently , I was waiting there after operator said ok ! Five minutes later I called operator again coz no one shows up!

Surprisingly, I was told by operator that I have to go down to reception. Ridiculous, I have to go down? why can't tell me at first place? Additionally, why should I go down? for verification? Come on , I was not asking for open room door.

I could understand all of this , but can anyone say this are not service failures?

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking the time the comment following your visit at Mercure Grand Mirama Surabaya.
I regret that your stay did not meet up to your expectations. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to reinforce the quality of service and we really appreciate your constructive comments.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Mercure Grand Mirama Surabaya.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Front desk staffs were very pleasant & accommodating.
Cleanliness in the room are a welcome.
Blue Bird counter staffs are always on hand to arrange your transportation.
Would definitely make Mercure Surabaya my choice of stay.
A Big Thank You for making my stay a wonderful one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Sir,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your recent experience in Mercure Grand Mirama Surabaya.
It is always pleasure to have comment like yours and I will share it to our team.

Sugito Adhi

Been to Mercure Surabaya? Share your experiences!