I'm a frequent guest to this hotel. What I like the most about this hotel was the location and the affordable rate. I spent 3 nights on my visit to Surabaya last month. The staff were very friendly (I don't know if they can speak English or not), the breakfast was mostly Indonesian food and it was quite nice, you can ask for the omelet and toast also. The free WIFI was in the lobby area only and some of the rooms nearby (1st floor). The parking lot was spacious, room was a little bit old, and the bathroom was so so. you get what you pay for IDR275,000/night.. But for me, it was above my expectation. It's the best price and service I can get in this city..
If you are going to Surabaya for heritage & cultural tourism or to do business in East Surabaya/North Surabaya, I think this hotel was worth to try.
Heritage & cultural tourism:
- Tugu Pahlawan (3min by walk)
- Old Dutch cemetery in Peneleh (15min by walk, or 5min drive)
- Museum Sampoerna (15min drive)
- Kampung Ampel - Islamic heritage & tourism (10min drive)
- Kembang Jepun & Kapasan - the old town and Chinatown area (5min drive)
- Old Catholic Church (10min drive)
Perhaps there were more places of interest nearby, but that's all I remember for now :p
If you are into shopping or business, this hotel was also near to Pasar Atom (shopping heaven for ladies!!), ITC & Jembatan Merah Plaza (where local shop for cheaper products) , Tunjungan Plaza (the biggest modern mall in Surabaya).
And if you like to taste local culinary, you can find many delicious hawker stalls around here.
Ask for room in the 2nd floor or above, if you like to sleep in complete dark room.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Veni Vidi Vici (V3) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veni Vidi Vici (V3) Hotel Surabaya, Java