“The taste is still the same” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, Grill
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Surabaya, Indonesia
“The taste is still the same”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've known Bon Cafe since I was a child. The taste is still the same. Yummy!!! The place is much better now. But the service in Bon Cafe Manyar was not satisfied enough. The waiter threw the knife and fork in front of me without say sorry or something. Maybe, they are tired I think as Bon Cafe is rarely having less customers. The price and the taste are fair. But the quality of the veggies are decreased I think. I love the mashed potatoes. It's so damn good. But the crispy soup is getting less than before. It is one of my fave, though.

Visited January 2013

83% Recommend
  • Indonesian first
Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
“Love the place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

It's a good choice to prefer an Family's Party,.. The Steak is pretty good... Like it :)

“This is a restaurant where you can get good food, consistent in taste, service and quality.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Boncafe is well known in town for its steak and the sauce. Its taste is more local, than your typical steak dish in the West.The sauce is more of a sweet and a slight tangy flavor with the steaks served in a hot iron platter, the sauce is poured over the meat it sizzles. My favorite dish is the chicken steak, served with the french fries, green beans and carrots. Another item on their menu is the desserts and drinks, and try their cocktail spring rolls for appetizers.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Surabaya, Indonesia
“Don't go there on weekend!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Few times I had dinner in Boncafe on weekends and most of the time, my family and I felt disappointment for their services.
Last week I went there again on Saturday night, the one at Jl. Pregolan, and also felt the same worst service again.
We've been waiting for our food for more than 1 hour, the first 10 minutes they gave us the bread and butter (packaged with the steak), then followed with ice tea and mineral water. Then....in the next 5 minutes, they said that the avocado juice was out of stock, well they can said it earlier so we didn't have to wait. Okay, then we changed the avocado to ice tea which came out in next 5 minutes.
After that, we only saw waiter/ss walked here and there served beverages and bread to tables, but nobody served the food at all.
The guest next to our table already shouted to the waiter for more than 3times because apparently they hadn't served his dessert yet until he got angry and paid his bill without waiting the dessert to came out.
After 1 hour waiting for our steak, ordered more beverages (since we've hungry already so we had drink more than one glass) and complaint to the cashier and manager, we almost paid our bill (it was 8.50pm). Then the manager came to us and said that the salmon and dory needed time to be prepared. It's so ridiculous excuse since fish is easier to grill than meat!!!
After all the mumbling, salmon and dory served to us in the next 10 minutes along with the tenderloin, BUT NOT with chicken teriyaki. It took another 10 minutes for the chicken teriyaki to be served (it's just a fried sliced chicken served with veggie and rice, can you imagine?? And the taste wasn't great). So, logically, chicken teriyaki which is easier to cook, only need to fry, it took longer than tenderloin meat?!?!
Fhuih....they ruined our dinner moment just like that and we ate all of it only less than 10 minutes.
Surely, don't go there on weekend...!! Just go there on weekdays... Overall the steak taste great for Asian steak.

• Visited October 2011