“Beautiful Rooms, But Only Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection

You added The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl.Slamet Riyadi No.6, Solo 57111, Indonesia (Formerly The Royal Surakarta Heritage)   |
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Solo
Bangkok
“Beautiful Rooms, But Only Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hotel is very beautiful, from the lobby to the rooms. The beds are huge, the decor in the rooms welcoming and impressive. My biggest complaint was that I could not get hot water, merely lukewarm. I tried at various hours of the day and night. Several other guests complained about this, but other guests had plenty of hot water.

The pool was small, but the gym was nice. It had a full set of free weights, not just a few small dumbbells.

The hotel restaurant was not up to par. Breakfast was barely adequate, dinner very substandard.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Andi A, Front Office Manager at The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Mr.Bonobo

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the The Royal Surakarta Heritage. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Andi.A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a beautiful design, u can find in the lobby. The rooms is comfort to sleep. With king size bedroom, but the carpet is smelly because of wet.
The taste of food is standard. Service is good. The strong point from this hotel is design.

• Stayed July 2013
Andi A, Front Office Manager at The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Mr.Fnras

Thank you for staying at our hotel and enjoy your sleep well, we are in action to follow up carpet and will improve our food taste, really nice to hear you have nice service and happy with hotel design.

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Recently stay in the newly re-branded hotel from Best Western Premier to The Royal Surakarta Heritage by Accor (later by MGallery). The main difference is Accor make only slight changes in the interior.

1.Check-in Process
Take a little bit longer, and no welcome drink. 3/5.

2.Hospitality
Their main strength, in my opinion is Hospitality - Top Notch, but in my opinion all hotel in Surakarta area, have a same hospitality - Javanese persons naturally have a good hospitality. 4/5.

3.Location
Location is top notch too near the main attraction of solo, Galabo, Pasar Klewer, Beteng Trade Center, Kauman Batik Village and Palace. But if you want to shopping/eat at shopping mall-you must take a cab, as hotel not connected to shopping mall. 4/5.

4.Lobby Area
Small-medium sized with full ethnic feeling. 3/5.

5.Room
Beware some room have inner building view, and standard room is small, but my room have a back area view. The bed is only queensized-not kingsized, and Air Conditioner is very noisy. 2/5.

6.Bathroom
Just lukewarm water-no hot water, but the shower is very powerful. Bathroom sized is relatively small too. 3/5.

7. Room Amenities
They only provide 1 sandals - must call to housekeeping if you want more, and it's takes times. No newspaper sent to your room in the morning. 2/5.

8.Parking Area
Small parking area, some car must parking in area in road in front of hotel in high season. 3/5.

9.Breakfast
Traditional food served here is nasi pecel. When in Solo, I expected that traditional food must be nasi liwet. Others are Bakery Corner, Fried Rice, Jamu (herbal drink), etc. One thing that disappointing me: NO Free Espresso here (must pay if you want it), even in 3 star hotel I got free unlimited espresso. 1/5.

10.Value/Price
For USD 62 nett the price is cheap, but compare to other hotel in Solo, their price is pretty expensive. 2/5.

10.Overall Experience
I choose to stay in this mediocre hotel because I expected "Royalty Experience". But they fail to deliver me Royalty Experience, just like to stay in common 3/4 star hotel. The brand bring my expectation high. 1/5.

Recommended: Maybe Yes, but don't expect too high - it just a mediocre 3/4 star hotel.
Return To Sleep: No.

As usual, I always include photos in each of my reviews on Tripadvisor. - It's Real Review.

Room Tip: Absolutely room with a outside view - they have some room that have a inner building view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir

I really appreciate that your good comment regarding the Hotel situated closed to main attraction that is a choice from some of our Guest who would like to explore Solo.

I will share your comments and suggestions regarding the service and facilities to all our Manager and make sure to improve in a better way.

Best Regards

I will be happy to meet you during your next stay.
jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 night.. I came with my husband and two daughters to see Batik Solo Carnival. This hotel has very strategic location. Right in the corner of two main street in Solo (Jl. Slamet Riyadi & Jl. Sudirman). So it was easy to see the Carnival. This was my third visit to Solo, before I always stayed in Novotel but then i chose The Royal Surakarta Heritage Hotel because of the location. It's just walking distance to visit Kampung Kauman (A Batik Village), Sultan Palace, Klewer & Gede Market, also to PGS & BTC (Solo Groceries Center).
The service of the hotel was excellent, everyone are welcoming you with a bright smile. The breakfast menu is tasty. The hotel give free for my two little kids also with the dinner buffet, they also can join the dinner for free..
The room is well maintance, for the executive one, it has seperate living room and also two television. The bathroom is large with a bathup. I got twin bed but it could be shifted so when it's combined, it become a very large bed.
But we couldn't enjoy the swimming pool because it's adult pool and there're no kiddy pool or kids club.

Room Tip: chose the city view room, it would be nice..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Andi A, Front Office Manager at The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Ibu Selviana

Thank you for choosing The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo, We are happy to hear you have nice experience in our hotel and make our hotel is best choice in town, regarding to swimming pool and kids club we are considering to have it, especially for family trip.
We will always maintain our room to exceed guest expectation in our hotel and we are waiting you and your family to come again at our hotel.

Best Regards

Been to The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!