“Excellent service...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Ramadhan Offer!
Ranked #5 of 42 hotels in Solo
“Excellent service...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed in Novotel-Solo for 2 days. My first impression was rather refreshing as the receptionist was not hesitant to point out that my requested room was slightly noisy due to its location. I was really surprised at the honesty of the receptionist and his/her perception and appreciation of customer comfort. He/she also offered to accompany me to my room. Great service before even entering my room.
I have stayed several times in Accor hotels before but I had never felt such sincere hospitality. All the staff were helpful and strived to make my stay enjoyable.
Only remark I would make is about the facilitation of the bathroom. There were no shower caps and even though complaining for several days, house keeping was not able to provide me with one. Apart from this little shortfall my overall experience was great and the service: excellent!

• Stayed June 2014
Novotel_Solo, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Ratihsartikaa,

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Solo, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. I have a wonderful team, and I am sure they will be encouraged by your comments.

I wish you a great day and safe onward travels.

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My message with connecting rooms and non-smoking. In fact I get a room on a smoking floor.
I've talked to the hotel manager issues repeated confirmation email. At the moment I checked in, I complained of my order issue and would like to speak with the hotel manager. With the manager spoke scornfully that she never talked to me at all before.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Arie H,

We appreciate your time in writing this review, and thank you for your comments.

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, and that we were did not effectively provide you the requests as requested. Please accept my personal apology, and I will address your comments with my team.

We wish you safe onwards travels and hope to have the opportunity to redeem ourselves on a future stay.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Breakfast menu to be improved in vegeterian dishes.Bar menu Choices for whisky and hard liquor to be increased.In room food menu can have many more choices including vegeterians dishes.Automatic drinks machine can be installed.

Room Tip: Excellent corner room. Increase in room literature about hotel details. magazine
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

Novotel_Solo, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear vikingtours1,

Thank you for taking the time to stay with us in Novotel Solo, and to provide your comments here on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased your enjoyed your corner room, along with our hotel facilities. I appreciate your comments regarding vegetarian selection, and our Chef is reviewing this.

We wish you safe onward travels, and sincerely hope you have the opportunity to visit Indonesia, Central Java and Solo again soon.

Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Novotel Solo, located at its best in the city. I went there for couple of times with friends, family and spouse. They have a bar too, the room was alright as expected for its class. The lobby and the pastry they have at the lobby were great and the lounge music sometimes play good live show performance. I had so many memories with this hotel where I first met my lover unexpectedly on his business trip while i was on holiday with some girl friends. The staffs were alright, the swimming pool and the breakfast quiet alright with many varieties. This hotel is recommended for both business and pleasure. Will surely come back again when in town.

Room Tip: i didn't really care where they place me slong as not heading to the hotel wall.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Novotel_Solo, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Laura L,

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay in Novotel Solo, and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

I will provide your comments to my team, and I am sure will encourage them to continue to strive for excellent guest service.

Wishing you safe travels in the future.

Novotel Solo

Been to Novotel Solo? Share your experiences!