“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

You added Novotel Semarang to your Saves list
Novotel Semarang
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Pemuda 123, Semarang 50132, Indonesia   |
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Semarang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel for many times and I've never been disappointed before with the service. I booked two rooms with a connecting door as I am traveling with my wife and two young kids. We arrived at the hotel on 30 Dec 2012 at around 11 a.m. and we tried to ask for early check-in where we were told that all the rooms with connecting door are not ready. Having aware that the check-in regulation is at 2 p.m., thus, we decided to leave our luggage at the concierge and planned to return to the hotel after the allowed check-in time.

At 2.30 p.m. we arrived at the hotel and our kids were already tired and ready for the afternoon nap. Out of our expectation we were told that none of the rooms are ready to be occupied because the rooms had not been cleaned up and we have to wait for another hour until they are ready. Unbelievable...the check-in time is supposed to be at 2 p.m. and we were asked to understand the situation that the hotel is facing out of our expense. I insisted that we cannot wait for that long and demanded responsibility of the hotel. Eventually, they managed to get one of the rooms ready but we had to wait for another room to be ready and that was not until one hour later after I made another complain at the reception desk (there was another guest complaining the same issue). Another unpleasant experience also occurred the next day during breakfast.

Anyway, I think service quality in this hotel is declining not like it was used to be. We all know that during the year end, most of luxury hotels are usually fully occupied (supposedly) and they should anticipated it already. The people at the front desk and at the restaurant during breakfast, they all gave the same excuse that too many guests/customers and they were out of hand. We paid for the hospitality and service and do we suppose to understand the internal problems of the hotel?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Severine K, General Manager at Novotel Semarang, responded to this review, January 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and comment ! I will share your comment to my team.
Concerning your comments, please accept my sinceres apologizes, yes the check in time normally is at 2pm but when hotel is full the check out time is a t 12 am and many our guest posponed their check out so that why we were not able to give you rooms on time as it is not only to clean the room but as well the previous client should leave the room first !.
For the restaurant, of course we do anticipate as we were fully booked but we have a limited places in our breakfast room and our clients came in the same time and once again we could not offer free places to them.

Thank you for your understanding.
Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in Novotel Semarang!

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very stratgec location, near the famous shopping mall
For the culinary lovers, this hotel hardly recomended with location next to traditional "Warung" with attractive menu and reasonable price,,,,,very2 Javanese culinery experiences.
I am enjoing most in walking arround early in the morning arround the hotel.,through lawang sewu - Jl. Thamrin,,with some "Warung" that has opened since 6 am in the morning,,,
However, just wonder if could improved the variation menu on breakfast,,,but over all is,,,,Excellent,,,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Severine K, General Manager at Novotel Semarang, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback and comment ! I will share your comment to my team. We are still working day after day to improve our quality and definitely all your comment are well appreciated.
Thank you again Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in Novotel Semarang!

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The location of Novotel Semarang was awesome. Near to paragon mall, new Econ of Semarang shopping mall. Around Novotel you can find a lot of good food such as Bakmi Djowo, Nasi Liwet and of course wedang Ronde. Bed was ok, breakfast was ok, service was average

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Severine K, General Manager at Novotel Semarang, responded to this review, December 24, 2012

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

When you come to Semarang, do not forget to stay at Novotel beside good price with strategic access, very good room facilities, very good cleanliness, and sure very good service. I really recommend you to choose Novotel Semarang.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
severinekrawec, General Manager at Novotel Semarang, responded to this review, December 9, 2012

singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

i already stayed in around the worlds of novotel but this hotel very bad!!! whos general manager here? really not professional. i stayed on november with my parents at room 814 but very bad. that bed you said enough for 3 person, are you kidding me? thats very bad. also your receptionist was very bad. your breakfast food combination was very bad!!! i never recommended this hotel to others!!!! you only win location near with paragon but crown plaza hotel will be more better than yours. your toilet also broken.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sevka, General Manager at Novotel Semarang, responded to this review, November 28, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and comment ! I will share your comment to my team.

Concerning the room that you share with your parents, all our room are equipped with 1 double or twin bed for 2 persons and not for 3 persons, and if any additional person we may add an extra bed ( and on client request, with additional charge) but for sure the room will be more tidy. As I cannot identified your name I cannot answer to your ''complain'' properly. Same as for my staff that you say ''bad'' based on what !. Toilet broken, as far as I know we did not have any problem on your floor. If you wish to give me more information about your stay please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you once again for your comments. And hope to have the pleasure to meet you personnaly for your next stay.

Best Regards from Semarang!

Mrs Severine Krawec

Been to Novotel Semarang? Share your experiences!