“Relaxing stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Semarang
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Relaxing stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was fortunate enough to stay at the Novotel, Semarang with my fiancee in July 2012. High quality hotel with first class service. Novotel Semarang is 5 minutes walk from Paragon Mall. Food was good but slightly expensive. Whilst I stayed at the Novotel, maintenance work was taking place on the plumbing system. Reception was polite enough to inform me of this in advance adding to the first class service. I hope to stay at the Novotel again in the future.

Room Tip: Small car park at the hotel. Check prices online.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
sevka, General Manager at Novotel Semarang, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback and comment ! I will share your comment to my team. We are still working day after day to improve our quality and definitely all your comment are well appreciated.

Thank you again Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in Novotel Semarang!

Ms Severine Krawec

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights. I use Executive Room, I stayed here with my wife and my 2 little daughter for a family vacation. It was a perfect stay, with a luxury hotel and very clean room, and complete facilities. Looking forward to stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

the hotel was pretty good,clean and very comfort.i have been there with my girlfriend and we really enjoy to stay in this hotel. the food was delicious and value for money.the location of this hotel is very close to the central of the city.highly recommended.

Room Tip: choose the room in the corner will be very quiet enough
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
sevka, General Manager at Novotel Semarang, responded to this review, July 17, 2012

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed for one night in room 722 at Novotel Semarang. I chose it because I am a Le Club member, the management cares very much about customer satisfaction, and Paragon Mall and Hypermart are across the street (but there is little else of interest within walking distance).

Pluses
• Wi-fi in public spaces with complicated user name/password and only wired connection in rooms.
• Breakfast was included. I usually judge pastries by croissants which were: B-. Exceptionally good variety of food for breakfast on the mezzanine floor, divided into smoking and no smoking.
• Room was magnificent with lots of space, sofa and table, writing desk, plasma TV with Cinemax, HBO, other premium channels.
• Magnificent bathroom with tub and countertop space at sink.
• Nice and quiet, good sleep.

Minuses
• Experience at Citrus Restaurant very poor: very attractive layout in glassed-in structure, like greenhouse. I ordered autumn turkey roll with cranberry sauce. I don't know where on the turkey they found such tough cuts of meat to roll and coat in delicious sauce. Kept wondering how delicious it would have been with nice juicy turkey breast. No cranberry sauce; and I didn’t ask. Menu offers three out of 9 dessert items that are accompanied by vanilla ice cream, but they said they had no vanilla (yet I saw there was vanilla ice cream for sale in Citrus’ stand in the lobby). For ice cream lovers, there's a Haagen Dasz across the street in Paragon Mall. The crust in my 4 formaggi pizza tasted like cardboard.
• Souvenir shop said to be open 9 am - 6 pm but closed at 2 pm.
• I think they neglected to enter my Le Club number when I checked in even though I wrote it on the confirmation print-out. At any rate, when I checked, reception entered the number into the computer

I am not sure how to weight hotel vs. restaurant because there are other restaurant choices in Paragon Mall. Physically the hotel room would have been excellent if there were in-room wi-fi. My dining experience at Citrus Restaurant was poor, although it might have been better had I ordered other dishes. I would rate the overall experience between very good and average.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Concening your comments, just would like to inform you that we have already in our Suite and executive room the WIFI, but soon all our hotel will be full equipped. Thank you for our ''croissant'' actually as a French person it is as well something extremely important to have nice bread and viennoiserie and I confirm to you that they are excellent.

I really feel sorry for the experience that you had in our Citrus restaurant, i checked as well with my team how is the processand I do not see why you got tough meat, we are going to check with our supplier.
Further to our Souvenir shop actually this one is open all day but you must ask at the reception if you wish to go inside.

I would like to than you again for all your constructive comments and we still improve our service in order to all the time satisfied our loyal clients.

Thank you again Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in Novotel Semarang to recover the poor restaurant's experience!

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

overall, its very nice of Recommended hotel, i have been stayed there for 3-4 times... and all good quality.. i liked it.. thanks

jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Novotel provide a wide room with modern touch, breakfast has a lot choice and there is also traditional drink Jamu.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Close to city center, paragon shopping center across the road, plenty of food hawkers nearby. Best value @Semarang

Ms Severine Krawec

Been to Novotel Semarang? Share your experiences!