“Crown Plaza Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Semarang
denpasar
“Crown Plaza Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We move from 5 start hotel in Yogyakarta with amazing service and facility, then I wish to have the same experience in Semarang, we choose to book this hotel from the on line travel agent,
Arrive at the hotel earlier then the ci policy, Melany one of the duty manager handle us with care and profesional, she offering us the welcome drink during her to find the best floor and room , she come with big smile to inform if our room just ready.
Room quite big,comfortable with the city view,
Good location and connecting with the mall, friendly staffs,

Room Tip: High floor with the city view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
CrownePlazaSemarang, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Semarang, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Tjokorda S,
Thank you for the great comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Semarang.
Anil Pathak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

If you are staying in this hotel and need Wifi service for work or your Mac, you need to be sure to clarify with their staff that you need a room with good Wifi access. Half of the hotel seems to have good access, the other half does not. From speaking to the IT staff here, the "inside part" of the hotel is very far from the access points and will not connect. The IT staff will have a "quick" fix (bringing in a booster/separate router for the room), but you'll have to wait for it and I am sure these devices will be subject to availability. Good luck when you are trying to work on deadlines...

There also seems to be constant creaking in the walls. I don't know if this is the windows or what, but it is very disconcerting. It appears windy, so maybe the wind is causing the windows to sway or the building to move slightly.

Room Tip: According to the IT staff, the rooms on the northeast side of the hotel have wifi access.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CrownePlazaSemarang, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Semarang, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Chuck B,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We have noted your concerns on the internet connection issues that you have faced during your stay. In order to provide superior experience in terms of internet access and usage we have already initiated firm steps to further upgrade our existing network and we can assure you that we will do all that is required to resolve this issue.
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Great service.

Some problem with free airport service but done with great service.
I recommended this hotel to others. Great service, great view, clean, great breakfast choice and taste.

Will come back again.

Room Tip: Room with sea view, really nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
CrownePlazaSemarang, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Semarang, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Theodora7,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We have noted your concerns on a few issues that you have faced during your stay. Please be rest assured that it will be our continued endeavor to improve our services and I look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was stayed for 2 nights for business trip from Bali to Semarang, Room is very clean and spacious, with a very nice and comfort bed. I was have a good experience stayed at Crowne Plaza Semarang. The food at Crystal Palace is delicious and worth to pay. The location is beside paragon mall so I can spend my relaxing time shopping at the mall. I will stay there again in my next business trip.

Shineke

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Shinneke B,
Thank you for your positive reviews of our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we will strive to be the finest hotel in Semarang. Look forward to seeing you again at Crowne Plaza Semarang.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I chose this hotel as it was highly rated by other guests and I was not disappointed. The hotel staff were very attentive, friendly, and customer focused. I had the breakfast buffet in the mornings and ordered room service a couple of times and the food was excellent. They offered a good variety ranging from local, western, and other Asian food. The Fitness Centre was clean, well maintained, and had the latest equipment. There is a shopping mall right below the hotel which was very convenient.

In terms of things that can be improved, the quality of the phone service could be better. I could not make phone calls directly and always needed to have the call center connect me. In addition, the WiFi connection was not very reliable and was constantly dropping. Also, even though Housekeeping was generally very good it depended on the specific staff and so was not consistent. A couple of times, I noticed stains on the new bed linen or some of the washroom supplies were not restocked. Lastly, although the laundry service was good, it was too expensive. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay and will come here again next time I am in Semarang.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
CrownePlazaSemarang, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Semarang, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Suhail001,
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are really pleased to know that our services could meet your expectation. We have also noted your concerns on a few issues that you have faced during your stay. We are also happy to inform you that we have upgraded our internet facilities by doubling the bandwidth and improving access by providing a single password that is applicable throughout the hotel. I look forward to your returning to our hotel soon.
Kudus, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We booked 2 rooms here for our 2014 NYE, I booked directly to the hotel on Dec 30th & got IDR 1.2mill rate/night on deluxe room (about US$120) waiting list because they full booked for Dec 31th, so we have to wait another guest to cancel. At 6 evening the marketing called me back to inform that we got 2rooms on Dec 31th, but we have to pay more for IDR 1,34mill (the marketing said that the rate change everytime -_-) so we took it anyway.
At arrival on Dec 31 afternoon they got electricity black out, & I have to wait about 30mins to check in. We got 2rooms on 8th floor which are not smoking room floor (marketing said previously that we got smoking room, & my brother who got that room is smoker -_-) another room wasn't ready yet because the safety deposit box wasn't unlocked.. Sooo we have to wait another 45mins in room, & I thought the officer wouldn't send the key unless I called them to ask first.
For the room, I think it's quite clean.. I found a piece of long hair in bath tub, but didn't really mind bout that. The idea for using sliding door is pretty interesting. My 3 y'o daughter enjoyed the tub so much. But unfortunately the hotel didn't provide enough kids TV channel.
We also join the NYE dinner party called 'Glow in the dark' in Gris Restaurant on 7th floor for IDR 423,000 nett/pax (they sell it from IDR 600k initially, but fortunately we got the lower rate). The food was great, various choices from Americans, France, Italian, Hong Kong, Dim Sum, Indonesian, Malaysian & Singapore. We got cocktail welcome drink, NY trumpet, Glow in the dark stick also. But lack of drinks choices.. Just mineral water, hot tea & coffee, no soft drink or juices at all. The event said to be hosted by famous MC, but apparently it didn't.. There's few games held, live music, dancer, DJ, & fireworks. We got restaurant voucher from the game too. The service was good too.
The day after on Jan 1st, breakfast was located in the main ballroom because the guests overload. I think that they got messed, the menu & taste didn't really enjoyable at all like another 5stars hotel. They running out glasses, spoon, fork, plates, seats n table. I think this was the worst breakfast on 5stars hotel.
Overall our experiences was good except the poor check in & awfull breakfast, especially the NYE dinner..

Stayed January 2014
Dear Imel1085,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We have noted your concerns on a few issues that you have faced during your stay. Please be rest assured that it will be our continued endeavor to improve our services and I look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

reservation:
Reserved from agoda, an executive suite non smoking with no breakfast. I get there and check in, it's fast response and guess what? I got a breakfast coupuns for tomorrow. Surprisingly!

Executive lounge:
the staffs are very kind and make us feel want to come there again.

room:
it's very huge room, guest' rest room, guest room, tv, dvd player are in the guest room and the bed room is very big and the bat room also. Awesome! Just like a queen for a day!

breakfast:
very delicious breakfast and so classy, love it!

pool:
i did blnot taste the pool because the pool is very near from the restaurant, lil bit embarassing if i swimmig and people look at me. Hahaha

check-out:
very smooth and the staffs over me a taxi without i ask him first, very friendly and know what guest need. Very good!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaSemarang, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Semarang, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Yurist T,
Anil Pathak

Been to Crowne Plaza Semarang? Share your experiences!