“Resort in the City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Malang

You added HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Malang to your Saves list
HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Malang
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Jend A. Yani Utara, Perum Riverside C-1, Malang 65126, Indonesia   |
Announcement
Resort within the City
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Malang
“Resort in the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Nice stay at HARRIS with green area surrounding. it will be take 15 or 20 minute from city of Malang. We are stay on February with direct booking to reservation, First impression good from reservation, nice and professional, quick respons. we book for HARRIS room King size bed, we arrived bout 7, check in was good, with professional attitude, but it little bit surprised when the man said that there was no KING size bedded any more because of the Room not Running all then He said will be give us free Up graded room to Terrace room, it was nice, good service to guest that i've never got from others hotel in Malang. finally we know his name when he escorting us to the room after he introducing his name manroo.

Room Facing to the pool, pool great with 3 swimming pool, for children and adult and 1 more have slide, i love the bed and pillow. Very cozy, then i love the Orange Bolster, i bought 1 from boutique, breakfast good enough, i love terrace front of restaurant, you can take breakfast with fresh air and beautiful pool view. they have complete facilities too, Gym, massage and spa, kids club and chapel, i hope next future HARRIS have sauna.

but i want ask, is there any sofa at terrace room? or only blank balcony? i don't see at my room. once more that HARRIS have very fantastic is dancing breakfast, haha. great every staff looks like enjoy with their duty.

thank you very much HARRIS, we wait you open @surabaya
will be stay at harris for the next visit @Malang

it's good if they have minimarket too

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stylianos K, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Malang, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us
We have well noted our strong points and also our points for improvement.
We would like to inform you that there is a sauna room in each of the lockers in the Fitness Center and is provided free of charge for all our guests.
As far as the furniture at our terrace rooms are arriving very soon. A sofa and a coffee table will be on each balcony.

Once again thank you so much for your feedback which is so valuable for us.
gm@harris-malang.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

It's a little bit difficult for me this time to make a rating. Most of the experience was a great one. But there is one thing important that I consider a problem.
I picked this hotel because of their swimming pool. I went to Malang to visit my niece and nephew and would like to take them to go swimming in the hotel. No complain for this matter. Their swimming pools are great. They have 3 pools: 0.3m, 1.02m & the other one I don't really remember. I think around 1.68m.
It was perfect. The little kids had a really great time and so did my husband.
The room itself was lovely. I stayed in the very end room at the first floor. I love the interior. Love their orange theme. Giving a sense of freshness. The bed was really comfortable, as in other Harris hotel I've ever stayed. Everything was clean and smells good. I like especially the smell of the towels. Hot water works really well. The room has hair dryer, coffee set, air con and standard toiletries. I got some fruits as well. Really love the green apples.

The view from the room looking out to the garden and the pool was great. Too bad it was very cloudy. Otherwise I could have a view of Mt. Arjuna from my room. One guy told me from a certain spot, people could have a view to Mt. Panderman as well. And from the highest room, one can even see Mt. Semeru.
They have not finished with landscaping but I can tell it will turn out great. I like the architecture, especially the design of the main lobby.
They are working on building a wedding chapel in the garden.
People are really nice. I love everybody there. All the people had tried to make my stay as comfortable as possible. They asked me how's my stay. I answer them truthfully and they took it well.

Now the downside. I think they have not made the room sound-proof enough. I constantly hearing people shutting doors very clearly until over midnight. I had problem falling asleep.
Which was a pity considering I was lying in a very comfortable bed inside a lovely room.
I don't know if it is the same in other rooms, but this is what I experienced in mine. I stayed in room 225. Also I heard a sound of moving furniture from the room above me.
Also I think they have to fix the glass door closing in the bathroom. If you don't shut it careful enough you will get the sound of glass slamming.

But I do want to return. But next time I will try upper level. Maybe then I will give another review and better rating if I have good experience with the sound.
Something worth to mention: some of the rooms are not yet open. They have very limited double bed room from what available right now.

Cheers to all people in Harris Hotel Malang

Room Tip: Try 3rd or 4th level
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Stylianos K, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Malang, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
HARRIS Lifestyle with an Art Deco Hint!
Thank you so much for staying with us , we are delighted with your constructive comments.
Indeed we have created a Simple, Unique and friendly concept in Malang, right in the Green Estate of Riverside.
We have well taken note of the sound proofing issue of the room and rest assured we are working on it in cooperation with our construction company. A sealed frame will be installed around the door in order to isolate not only the sound but also the dust from outside.
As you have mentioned you are looking forward coming back and try higher level floors .
Once you have your exact dates kindly let me know. Myself and my team will try our very best to provide you the real and unique HARRIS experience .

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Kelebihan:Complete Facility (Excluded Jacuzi) ,Best Services and friendly, All is Gratefull.
Kekurangan: Kalau mau ke pusat kota Malang keluar masuk akses macet (tapi ada shutle bus cuma 1 tujuan), Food prices are Expensive.
Conclusion: Price is Relatif, tapi saya Puas dengan Facility and Services. Goood Job!!

Room Tip: Higher Floors ,Better View.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us
We have well noted our strong points and also our points for improvement.
For your kind information, at the moment we have very attractive offers concerning our Food and Beverage facilities. Just to mention a few, pay for one person and get the second person for free during our Friday night steam boat and our Saturday BBQ night.
Live bands are entertaining the Guests nightly.
As far as the traffic jam issue we have built a police post just outside the Riverside and a policeman will be stand by soon to facilitate the traffic.

Once again thank you so much for your feedback which is so valuable for us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel itself is fantastic. the layout is beyond words. A great place to just relax or bring your family. There's something for everyone, spa for the wife or fun for the kids. Located in the mountains of Malang the air is super clean. The rooms are great and the layout of the room can really give you a full relaxing rest. If you decide to just stay in your room expect to have a fantastic view from your room. Aside from the the hotel itself, you will also find really great service and friendly people too. For me its just a great place to escape for the weekend after a long work week. Best value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stylianos K, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Malang, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
HARRIS Lifestyle with an Art Deco Hint!
Thank you so much for staying with us , we are delighted with your fabulous comments .
gm@harris-malang.com

Been to HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Malang? Share your experiences!