“Strategic location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Enny's Guest House

Enny's Guest House
You added Enny's Guest House to your Saves list
Enny's Guest House
1.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Taman Wilis Street 1A-B | Gading Street 2-4, Malang 65115 , Indonesia   |
Ranked #10 of 78 Malang B&B and Inns
Surabaya, Indonesia
“Strategic location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

overall > pretty good

toilet cleanliness > No (smell)

* becareful with the receptionist, because they did not know much about the regulations and the rooms pricelist that can embarassed you and made full of confusion at the end of your trip

so, for your guidance, ask them the rooms pricelists as soon as u arrive.. :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are perfect
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
Aruba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The staff was very friendly and everything was easy going. You consume anything extra you just report it. Enny's is built in a former house, so the lay out is a little awkward. Lots of Dutch looking for their colonial past stay here.

Room Tip: The roof top rooms are nice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kediri, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Enny's has several kinds of rooms and varied pricing. I stayed in a "Bamboo" room on the roof of the guest house (300k rp a night, via Agoda). There was AC, a warm(ish) shower, and a very clean room. Each freestanding room on the rooftop has its own little porch in front, and because I had friends in surrounding rooms we could sit out in the garden. Yes, there are laundry lines hung on the roof but no, it didn't bother us or affect our stay.

The service was great. I was confused about the exact location, and after I called the guest house, a staff member walked out on the street until she found me. They even sent a car to pick up my friend when her public transport dropped her off in the wrong area.

For breakfast, there was either nasi goreng + egg or toast + egg (with a large selection of spreads and jams), available in the communal kitchen and dining space. They've also allowed my friends to bring food in and cook in the kitchen themselves. Tea, coffee, and water are available 24/7.

Public transportation is only a short walk away, and can take you to different malls, restaurants, and alun-alun. At night, the front desk called us a taxi. There are also shops and restaurants within walking distance, including a great wood fire pizza place called Malibu's.

I would definitely stay at Enny's again, it was very comfortable and convenient for a reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Leander, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently stayed there for 5 days. I got to meet other travellers who stay there 1-2 months every year all of whom seem to love it. It did leave a LOT to be desired, the breakfast was adequate and rather delicious. You could choose either Nasi Goreng or an omelette, so not a big variety by any means. My room was nice and clean, the staff was very attentive.
The best part of the stay here was meeting the driver I hired for every day I was there as part of Ennys' care rental service. The price of the driver and car was exceptional, Bapak Erno although he doesn't speak English more than a very few words, was delightful and kind. My companions were Indonesian, so were able to translate for us, and get his suggestions on additional places to visit. If I go to Malang again, I would consider staying here, but will most likelyu do a return visit to this place. Price is a bit higher considering the quality of the rooms. Deluxe rooms only if you choose to stay here. Otherwise, you may wish to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Service was poor in this old junk place. It was really a terrible experience. To get to the room they planed for us, we had to crawl underneath clotheslines full of wet clothes. What a terrible place. We had a reservation for three nights, but we spend 1 night there. We arrived late in the afternoon, and were tired of the long drive we had made ​​that day. So we stayed. But after one night we can not wait to get out of there.
My advice: do NOT go there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I only stayed for one night at Enny's guesthouse. It was a place that we randomly choosed as a place to spend the night during my wife's family visit from Jakarta. It's actually a cozy place, but it ruined our holiday. During our stay, we have problems with the electricity. When we turn the TV on, it went off. This thing made my son cried since he can't watch the TV. The worse thing is, when we report this with the FO staff, they said that they can't do anything about this. After more than 10 times complaining, they finally gave us another room that has a stabil electricity. But unfortunately, there's only one room left, so my parents inlaw still sleep in a room where there's no stabil electricity

Room Tip: choose the newly renovated rooms if available
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

First time i stayed here, i stayed in the deluxe room and they gave me room #25A. It was clean, neat, and beautiful with no dim lamp but it had a bedside tables.

Then the next time i came, I stayed again in the deluxe room #25 and boy how bad it was. The room was OK but it smelled like a mixed of mould, poo, and septic tank. I like dim lamp but it didn't have bedside tables. And the smell was too horrible for the same price of Rp 275K.

Then the next day i gotta moved out of the horrible room. I tried the standard room and it was just disgusting. Lizards poo everywhere (i hate lizards poo and i usually check around the room and bathroom). The sink was beside our bed, NOT inside the bathroom. The curtain was dirty and mouldy and the staffs banged the door, people chattered loudly outside, music from the cellphone was turned on for HOURS, bad experience. The breakfast was fine with toast and jams, banana, or you can choose fried rice. The unlimited tea and coffee is lovely. If i stayed again here i definitely would choose the deluxe room because it's only 25k difference than the horrible standard room. Oh and i would choose room #25.

Funny how it seems like they don't make the room totally complete. Should a roombe a clean ones with dim lamp and bedside tables and free of ANY poos...

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Enny's Guest House? Share your experiences!