“Hotel with a great view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seruni II Gunung Gede

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bogor
Seruni II Gunung Gede
You added Seruni II Gunung Gede to your Saves list
Jl. Pirus, Kampung Baru | Tegal Cibereum, Bogor 16750, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 35 Bogor B&B and Inns
“Hotel with a great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on week day with my husband. The hotel has a very nice mountain view. My first i pression of this hotel is like a Titanic on the mountain. I am amazed with the huge building sorrounding the mountain.

The hotel is heavily decorated with statue and painting. I am not a very art lover, but I can enjoy those ornament. My room on the second floor above the swimming pool area. During the night you can hear the water flow from the water garden below the rooms. If you like a quite room do not choose room near the water garden area.
I went there without reservation. We can make reservation by phone. I dont like making reservation by email since I have to mention my credit card number.

The plus point about this hotel is surely the view. Make sure you reserve a room facing the mountain on the 2nd level above.

The bathroom is equipt with bathtub and shower which considered luxury for its time. There is small accident when we are going to take a bath. The shower knob is loosen from its place. It need 30minutes repaired by maintenance. So better checked your shower when you checking around the room.
Breakfast serve in simple menu. I feel it is a fair trade of value for hotel under USD100. I still can enjoy my breakfast. You buy the view and environment but not the food.

I can enjoying staying the whole day within hotel area because i love swimming and they good swimming pool. It is not advisable for night swimming because it is not enough light around swimming pool area.
I recommend this hotel for family during week end and honeymoon during week day.

Surely I will comeback to this hotel

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Batavia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Nice, considering that there is no need for A/C or heater. The air is so much more fresh up in the mountains than in Jakarta...We really wanted to stay here for a couple of more days. Had a good nights sleep here before the next day when we went to the Taman Safari close by. The only caveats: very vcold water in the swimming pool, spas broke down, couldn't use main pool with big slides due to a polo team using it. Upside? How can you go wrong with a mountain resort with such a fantastic view?? Oh, one awesome thing to consider, we got two rooms and the rooms were connected so we could walk from one to the next with ease. When compared to other resorts I have visited, this one is in the top.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were there for a short vacation with our friends. The hotel is like a palace with a grand mountain view! Enjoyed the fresh mountain air there. We were upgraded to a suite because there was not enough double beds! Service was excellent and people were polite!
Breakfast could be improved especially we all waited for the bread that took quite long in coming out! I enjoyed the wholemeal breadroll.
Overall, we had a refreshing two nights stay and every corner of the place was so unique and well decorated! Thumbs up for coming back again!

Room Tip: Facing Mountain view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I just spent one night in Seruni 3. As I state in the topic, the hotel has a very good view as I rent one room facing gunung salak on the 2nd floor. It's a very secluded location good for weekend getaway from bustling jakarta city. A very clean and refreshing air.

Room Tip: book 3 weeks ahead, get the newest room which is seruni 3, get gunung salak view , for light sleeper...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My biggest factor is seruni hotel often filming by television and the location near Safari park (zoo and theme park) so I make reservation for 3 room, I ask for 3 suite but they can only offer 3 superior room (Egypt theme) because of full book. before my departure, they even call me 2-3 times to make sure that I will going to seruni (I think because of they need the room for others customer).
the room was unique because egypt theme, room was quite spacious but not equip with A/C because in puncak the weather quite cold. bathroom equip with separate shower and bathtub (nice) the shower its self offer spa experience shower.
the view from room was gorgeous, with salak mountain or gunung gede mountain view.
how ever, the breakfast was poor, lack of choice though it seem offer lots of food, the taste its self poor and not owrth compare to room price. the good point is when we had our breakfast, the hotel provide traditional live music. and in the night the had mini dancing fountain equipped with attractive lamp.
The facilities lack of maintenance, I told that the hotel had jacuzzi but did not operated, from the room I saw wall climbing, flying fox, etc for outbound, but when I tried to get to location (far enough and cannt by car) the location was closed and none of officer there. whereas the wall climbing area and Olympic pool was an attractive area.

Room Tip: Please, choose room in main building, the location of main building are higher than wing building (E...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed there with the family. The rooms has good view but that is the only thing that
they could offer. Do not expect more than that. Breakfast is terrible. The Breakfast Restaurant
is to crowded with people. Perhaps because we went there on weekend.

The parking lot will be another issues if you bring your car here.

It is good for 1 night stop not more than that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I just came back from a 3-day staying at Seruni 3 Gunung Gede this week, and just cant wait to share my "10 Things-Not-To"

1. The room.
The size of the room is big, and have a great view. But there is no carpet on the room which is not very recommended for a hotel in mountain area, as the floor is cold. No refrigerator with the minibar, no laundry bag.

2. The bathroom.
Despite the big size and the sophisticated faucet in the bathtub, shower and washbin, I found that the bathtub sewer is broken. Thus need to be repaired by the plumber, and ok, they fixed it fast. The bathroom mat is also small, in the size of face towel, not good for a dripping-after-shower.

3. The decoration.
Ok, maybe it is just my and my friends' taste, but here it is : we DISLIKE it so much. Why? Because the decoration is rather confusing than beautifying the room.
What is the theme here? Balinese? or Greek? or Javanese? or what?
There is one lady statue carrying a lamp in the room, i just dont like it ,and it is just excessive decor item. And the restaurant? On a glance it may looks stunning, on a second glance, oh no. So many unnecessary items, which made confusing rather than stunning.

4. The food.
Blah...sometimes too salty, or no taste at all. The meat is hard to chew, and the soup is too watery. So disappointing.

5. The swimming pool.
Super blah...no lamp at all in the pool area. Which means, you will swim in the dark, and you just dont know if some animals, jump into the pool before you.
No one stay in the pool to make sure the safeness of the guests.
I'm a swimming person, but this time, the swimming pool is just disappointing.

6. The gym
Looks old and tired.

7.The service
One time in lunch, there's one waiter standing near the soup pot. I asked him, what soup for today, and he doesnt know. *sigh*
I also asked an office girl to refill water dispenser in the meeting room, and she never return to the meeting room.

8. The meeting room.
The meeting room is rather dark as no proper lighting there! No smoke detector, no sign of emergency exit. The meeting room area (they have several), is in the front of guests room. I wonder why they put this kind of arrangement. Usually hotels have separated business area and guest room area.

9. The statues. There are many statues here, you name it. Ladies in greek ancient style, balinese women, tigers, relief of history, women holding water pot, mermaids, etc.
Too many statues is just not good at all.

10.The breakfast hour.
Usually in other hotel, the breakfast start at 6. But this hotel start at 7. Not good for any person who would like to catch some schedule afterwards.

Room Tip: Rooms with mountain view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Seruni II Gunung Gede? Share your experiences!