“Aging Resort Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center

You added Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Golf Estat Bogor Raya | West Java, Bogor 16710, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Save on your holiday!
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Bogor
“Aging Resort Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The first time I visited this hotel was in 1996, which was more than 15 years ago. This resort hotel is a quick get away from the busy Jakarta. I had stayed in the hotel a few times, and based on my recent stay there, I have to say that they have tried their best to keep the premises well. I liked its tropical design of the building, and also its tropical garden with big trees, well designed landscaping and nice lawn. However, I do think that this hotel needs some upgrades especially in the room facilities. I stayed for one night in early March 2013, in room 422. The bed room was cleaned, but i was disappointed because although the bed sheet, pillow cases and the towels looked clean, they smelled. The smell of people's odor. I couldn't sleep well because of the smelly pillow and bed. I think the hotel needs to replace old beds, pillows and towels, and put a particular attention on the laundry process to clean the bed sheets, pillow cases and towels. Personally I am always delighted to have clean and fresh bed sheet, pillow cases and towel when I first arrive in a hotel. Please also pay attention on the beetle bug from the surrounding trees. There was one bug flying around in the bed room at 2 a.m. I was worried that it would bite me because of its size, but I couldn't be bother calling the bell room service then. So I decided to cover myself with the bed cover, and tried to sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GM_Novotel_Bogor, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear AngelnTara,

Thank you for choosing our resort as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Bogor.

Please accept our sincere apology for the unfortunate experience that you had with our linen & towel condition.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Daniele RUIU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed one nite.,The hotel is old and outdated, small shower and bathroom, unclean room, smelly room, old bed sheet and thin pillow, towel smells cigarette, old furniture. We could not sleppy because an insect (big bee) was flying over the bed and ceiling, just stop flying when we turn off all lights. The next day, after I took a bath, I wore a bath robe.. then I feel something big thing was stuck on my body... then OMG... I was screaming because a big insect (a big black bee) was stuck hanging inside the bath robe. Its really make me traumatic.. I will not come back again to this hotel, except i could not refuse due to office arrangement...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RFarini,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor.com.

Please accept our sincere apology that you did not enjoyed your stay in our resort.

Our comment on our cleanliness has been well noted, and we shared already to our team.

Please rest assured that appropriate action has been taken to prevent such problem in the future.

Once again, please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience.

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is very nice and full of nature concept, comfortable for relaxing and for treasuring moment with your family. the staff are so nice and helpful too. the horseriding is so nice, the kids station are nice too, the restaurant also worth to try. but be careful with the bathtub and also the swimming pool, because the taste of natural rock concept can easily harm you, especially for your kid, so you must pay extra attention for this matters. the swimming pool also full of leaves from the trees but luckily no insect or animal in the pool. because the mahony bar is open air, so in the night time there was a loud music reached your room to break your tranquillity of the nature.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear PolarBearJakarta,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment with us through TripAdvisor.com.

It is a pleasure to know that you had enjoyed your stay particularly enjoyed our hotel and it’s facilities.

Thank you once again for your kind comment and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights for a wedding after visiting Bali. The Hotel was pleasant enough but lacked atmosphere. We didn't even use the swimming pool area as it seemed very shabby which a good jet wash could fix. There's a lot of wasted space that could be easily be used for seating outside, it's a shame because the inside certainly has nothing to offer apart from outrageous prices and a very poor shop! A bonus was the outside bath tub in our deluxe room which we spent a lot of time in to compensate for outside.

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra for a deluxe room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Gill C,

Thank you for sharing your comment related to your stay in our resort.

We are sorry that our resort did not meet your expectation.

Thank you once again for your comment.

Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The gardens and foyer are beautiful so I was expecting a fabulous room. I was disappointed. Although reasonably clean it was old and outdated. Shower was tiny and bathroom old. The breakfast was amazing and I wish I had more time to enjoy it. Check in staff were brilliant and helped me with a work issue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear deejthedog,

Thank you for choosing our resort as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Bogor and for sharing your comment.

We are sorry that our resort did not meet your expectation.
But it is a delight to know that our staff have had helped you with your work issue.

Thank you once again for your comment.

Paranaque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

First time to be in Bogor and our group was booked in Novotel. Approaching the entrance of the Hotel, i noticed the lush vegetation and well kept landscape which was a welcome sight indeed. The hotel is located in a sprawling property. The hotel itself is not that new but I really like the charm of the hotel as it exudes that distinct Indonesian look and feel. The room had ample space , that was clean and well decorated. Enjoyed authentic Indonesian food during lunch! This place is an excellent venue for meetings as well as a weekend get away for the whole family!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GM_Novotel_Bogor, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear nmc8693,

Thank you for your comment.

It is always a delight to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Daniele RUIU

Been to Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center? Share your experiences!